News Dustin Martin Video

Remove this Banner Ad

imagine being a stripper at a private function rocking up and saying "right o boys no touching at all allowed tonight"

just doesnt happen . they tell you what you can and cant do when you book them
The main no-no is taking pictures

The fact that the Daily Hyphen has been sitting on this for who knows how long, and then deliberately brings it out 24hrs before his return for maximum impact makes me farqing furious….

Yep

Obvious agenda behind this

Scumbags

That said, it is still not a great look for Dusty. Yes, she was naked, but consent laws still apply to strippers. Maybe he did have consent, which is why the media piss me off because they are running with it as if they are certain he didn’t

Yep

Obvious agenda behind this

Scumbags

That said, it is still not a great look for Dusty. Yes, she was naked, but consent laws still apply to strippers. Maybe he did have consent, which is why the media piss me off because they are running with it as if they are certain he didn’t
The consent thing is irrelevant for the media, they’re running with it because degoey got gropey and it blew up, so they might as well use this old footage for another story. Put an explosive headline on and there’s their clicks.

Tom Browne" should take a leaf out of this writer, also from the Hun but a very positive piece.
The article is way too long to post with many pictures. Here's just a short piece, the rest is on the link below.

Dustin Martin: How Castlemaine kid became one of the game’s greatest ever players​

He’s cemented his place as one of the greatest ever to play the game. And he’s not finished yet. We take a look at the extraordinary life and lofty achievements of AFL champion Dustin Martin.

8 min read
August 31, 2022

Widely regarded as one of the greatest ever to play the game, Dustin Martin has achieved virtually everything there is to achieve at the highest levels of football - and he’s not done yet.

But while the 31-year-old’s exploits on the field are legendary, Martin is notoriously private about his personal life, offering few insights into his life away from sport.

As Callum Twomey from AFL.com.au writes, this is the paradox of Dustin Martin. A man about whom we “simultaneously know everything and nothing”.
In his 2019 book, Dustin Martin: My Story So Far” the self-effacing footballer hinted that he was somewhat confused by the public’s interest in him.
“I don’t really know why everyone is intrigued by me; I just want to play footy,” he wrote.

EARLY YEARS​

Martin, otherwise known as “Dusty”, was born to Shane Martin and Kathy Knight in the small Victorian Goldfields town of Castlemaine on June 26, 1991. One of three children, Martin has two brothers; Tyson and Bronson.
His father, who was Maori, arrived in Australia when he was 21 and played football at Harcourt and Kangaroo Flat in the Bendigo league but, according to Dusty, “he wasn’t any good at footy”.
Martin left school after Year 9, in part because his parents separated and his father was living in Sydney.

Shane Martin with sons Dustin, Bronson and Tyson in a photo from his book A Rebel in Exile by Shane Martin and Jarrod Gilbert, 2019/ Hardie Grant Books.

Shane Martin with sons Dustin, Bronson and Tyson in a photo from his book A Rebel in Exile by Shane Martin and Jarrod Gilbert, 2019/ Hardie Grant Books.

JUNIOR FOOTBALL​

Martin’s passion for football was evident from an early age.
“I was like any young kid, loved his footy. Mum and Dad introduced me to Auskick when I was five or six and I’ve loved footy ever since,” Martin writes in his book.
He began playing junior football in the under-10s at Campbells Creek, just a short drive down the road from his home in Castlemaine.

Martin in action during Round one TAC Cup match between Bendigo Pioneers and Geelong Falcons on April 4, 2009 in Melbourne. Picture: Robert Prezioso/Getty Images

Martin in action during Round one TAC Cup match between Bendigo Pioneers and Geelong Falcons on April 4, 2009 in Melbourne. Picture: Robert Prezioso/Getty Images

Even then he was exciting to watch and at least some of the adults around him could see he was destined for greater things.
“When he played in our juniors you could tell that he had something special,” Steve Adamson, who coached Martin in the under-12s told the Bendigo Advertiser in 2017.
“As a 10-year-old he could kick so well on both his left and right foot… who does that at 10 years of age?.”
At 18, Martin played a full season with the Bendigo Pioneers before he was drafted to the AFL.

DUSTY HITS THE BIG LEAGUE​

Martin was drafted to the AFL in 2009, making his debut in round one of the 2010 season.
Before that, he sat down with the Herald Sun’s chief football writer, Mark Robinson, in a Bendigo pub and explained that playing on the national stage was his destiny.
“I reckon I was born to play AFL,” he said.
Bit arrogant? Robinson asked.
“I don’t think I’m arrogant at all, like, it’s just something I want. I want to play AFL, that’s all I want to do.
“I just want it so bad. I don’t care where I play, as long as I get the opportunity.”

Martin, flanked by dad Shane and mum Kathy during the 2009 national draft where he was picked up by Richmond.

Martin, flanked by dad Shane and mum Kathy during the 2009 national draft where he was picked up by Richmond.
So off he went to Richmond, to do the thing he always felt he was born to do.
Martin has been a powerhouse at the Tigers, helping the club win three flags over the last five years, including their first in almost forty years in 2017.

Martin after winning the 2017 Brownlow Medal at Crown in Melbourne, Monday, September 25, 2017. Picture: AAP Image/Julian Smith.

Martin after winning the 2017 Brownlow Medal at Crown in Melbourne, Monday, September 25, 2017. Picture: AAP Image/Julian Smith.
Martin with his first Norm Smith medal after Richmond’s drought-breaking Grand Final win against the Crows in 2017. Picture: AAP Image/Julian Smith.

Martin with his first Norm Smith medal after Richmond’s drought-breaking Grand Final win against the Crows in 2017. Picture: AAP Image/Julian Smith.
He was on fire that year, picking up the Best and Fairest, the Brownlow Medal and the Leigh Matthews Trophy for the most valuable player in the AFL, as voted by his peers.
Martin said he was “incredibly humbled” to become the first Tiger ever to receive the award.
Some have called his performance in 2017 the greatest individual performance in a season by any player, ever.

Seriously, why did the Herald Sun, or whoever release this in the media??

How is this newsworthy and relevant?

On news.com.au.

Just grubby headlines about something they even indicate may have been years ago
Seriously, why did the Herald Sun, or whoever release this in the media??

How is this newsworthy and relevant?

The tabloids are beyond a joke. What is Murdoch pushing for, he is behind news.com.au isn't he? He is US based with stronger links to Sydney is he not?

The consent thing is irrelevant for the media, they’re running with it because degoey got gropey and it blew up, so they might as well use this old footage for another story. Put an explosive headline on and there’s their clicks.

Also there definitely wouldn't be consent for the person to take the photo.

Now, I've never been too interested in engaging in the Dusty trade "saga" or whatever you'd call it but tonight it's the first time I actually think he should.

Ever since his Dad died, the media has been on this twisted USA style TMZ reporting which has crept into the AFL at sickening levels. The same media who should be embracing a future legend of the game are effectively chasing him out of the state?

Think about the level of vindictiveness it takes to sit on this image/video (which is 5-7 years old) and release it on the day of his official comeback announcement on the eve of the biggest week of the season?

It's so orchestrated that is actually embarrassing that we're becoming USA.

I don't blame him if he CBF with this anymore.

The video had been circulating on twitter then someone must've sent It in, similar to bailey smith, when he was in the headlines for a headbut

Long list of off field controversies that have plagued his career.. missed training once and ran a red light :tearsofjoy:. And that's with them fishing for anything they can find. Guy is cleaner than most players and it pains them to no end his actual life doesn't fit this supposed bad boy image.

And lol at them listing the Mr Miyagi thing as part of the rap sheet. An incident where he was the victim of someone fabricating a story out of thin air. That one's a point for Dusty not against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can they suspend him for this? Touches a stripper who cares….
Don't you worry about that! AFL will be drafting a new rule to be implemented before tonight's game no doubt. Will have a statute of limitations of 5 years, and will probably include having any photos of premiership medals near naked breasts included. That way they'll kill 2 birds with one stone.

Last edited:
View attachment 1495780

So a long list is 4? One of which was found to be untrue and two were minor driving infringements that maybe add up to 1.5k in fines.
When they try using your driving record to show how controversial someone is, there is no controversy.

There's plenty of other afl players out there that have real controversy.

The article is a hit piece from a rag i wouldnt wipe my arse with.

These news outlets bang on about mental health and then pull stunts like this and wonder why no one likes or even respects them.

Whatever their agenda is, they can * right off, keep going then * off some more.

Ha ha really that was all and 5 years ago media and some of the public are just scum and Martin should sue the person that filmed him without his knowledge and sending it out

Agree, strange that it took so long to leak and the timing is sus. There is obviously always an unseen context to these things, however, that behaviour is extremely hard to defend, regardless of time, place, or age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back