Autopsy Rolled over to Freo after leading by 41 at qtr time, what's wrong @ the kennel?

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a complete review of the football department from an external source.

Sick of this constant boys club shit, Bevo needs to be pulled and checked into line, Grant has to go, we've had to many people in their positions for way, way too long and it's starting to grow stale.

One more year for Bevo but honestly if we don't see a turn around by mid next season, sack him.

Everything I have been saying since 2018 was on display this evening.

We have no leaders. Bont tries but nobody follows.
Where was the tempo football when Fremantle got a run on?

We still leak out of the middle and teams still get us out the back.

We still can't kick to our forwards advantage and we still get intercepted constantly.

We have an MC who continually play good blokes and honest triers instead of good football players. They inevitably get found out in finals and we are back here.

None of this is new. That we have not addressed it in five years is a travesty and a waste of Bontempelli, Macrae and Liberatore's prime.

I'm not even angry. I was ready the moment they kicked their second goal.

My boys (10 and 7) asked why I wasn’t excited when we were up 42-2. I said because we’d need to be up by 60+ points to be comfortable and this team will break you.

It’s unfortunate, but they’ve learned a life lesson tonight. Don’t trust a bulldogs team with a big lead, especially if they’re coached by this inept panel.

English’s disposal numbers look great on a stat sheet but I’d rather have Shane Mumford in there getting 2 kicks but beating his opponent and putting body on opposition mids and forcing second stoppages when the other side gets rolling.

Told my mates at the end of the first we would let them back in. Happens every time.
At least my NFL fantasy draft went well.

I wonder what s**t theme Bevo is giving them
****ing sick of the theme bullshit.

Focus on ****ing football, they're grown men for **** sake if they need a ****ing THEME every week to motivate them they've got bigger problems.

The Bevo disciples will be out in force using that stat. “But he’s made finals so many times, we’re relevant, made two GFs/won one, most successful coach in history” etc etc.

And they won’t be wrong. Except if you give any of our previous coaches a generational player like Bont, a Robin to his Batman like Macrae, the kind of midfield and forward talent we have and a comp where 6-8 of the teams shoot themselves in the foot most years - how good an achievement is that?

2015-2016 he performed amazingly. Since then he’s had one good year, that ended in a historical debacle when the opponents kicked 100 points in a quarter and a bit of footy.

Personally, I’m out.
Mate I’m with you
2015 elimination final we went in as favs and dropped one at home. Ok, young side, forgive.

2019 absolutely smashed by GWS despite beating them 2 weeks earlier. Embarrassing effort to get manhandled

2020 lose to St Kilda in another disappointing effort. English smashed in ruck

2022 - give up 41 point lead. English smashed in ruck, again.

This thing that ‘Bevo can get them up for finals’ is a complete myth

Second half of our season I was like this every week.

homer simpson GIF

Never experienced it before but that's how awful it was to watch the team this year. Not enjoyable at all. The defence, the run ons which couldn't be stopped, the ugly ugly games. I'm glad the season is over.

There needs to be change. Not
tinkering around the edges, real change and if it starts with the coach, so be it.

We have no leaders. Bont tries but nobody follows.
Where was the tempo football when Fremantle got a run on?
This is key but it is fixable quickly with vets brought in like a Luke Hodge at brisbane type.

They desperately need one or two of these.

Thanks mate.

I'm finding it really tough today. I called my dad just before the game and told him and said the game really doesn't matter anymore. I could barely choke a sentence out ;(
You're amongst friends here mate.
Take care of yourself Doggy.
Distractions help. Just get through, hour by hour.

The response this deserves is that it doesn’t deserve a response
My mistake...I quoted the wrong post. Sincere apologies Zgope1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that was fun in the most predictable, on-brand way possible.

Tell me again how this team isn't utterly dysfunctional and how it isn't the coach's problem and we should all be grateful.

Because finals in 6 out of 8 years sound ace if you have the lowest of expectations and don't mention the fact we've managed to actually win a final in 2 out of 8 seasons under the current coach.

The problem is that it is far too late to sack Bevo or to launch any serious review this year. He gets to waste one more year before the Dogs sack him midway through next.

VDM not up to it
Gardener and Cordy back up depth only
McLean should play every game if fit
We lack leadership on and off the field forward and defense
Footscray mature agers do not deserve more than and handful of games as depth each year
Pay Dunkley whatever he wants
Our structure/game plan forward of the ball is non existent,

These things have been so obvious for so long and yet ignored every year.

Short summary of the game:

Freo were nervous and hesitant at the start. We were all over them but wasted too many early opportunities.

When they snagged a couple of goals (coinciding with Cordy at the CBs) they regained their composure and started backing their judgement.

In the second half they finally brought finals pressure forcing us into errors and turnovers. From that point on they had all the momentum. We got rattled and never became unrattled after about the mid point of the third quarter (sound familiar?)

Fremantle won running away, fully deserving their win. They are a better side.

They’re a better coached side.

There’s a difference.

I'm not a fire Bevo guy due to him being our biggest strength and weakness

But I wouldn't be extending his contract without results

The problem is our list is overrated.

In the cold hard light of day we have...

A dud first ruck
A backline of average Joes
Two tall forwards who are 18 and 19
A one-paced midfield

I've give anything for balanced and quick mids like Brayshaw and Serong.

He changed the coaching panel the year after we won the gf. I think that was a red flag. I mean, I was willing to trust the guy, but it didn't work.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I also was like why? But hey they just won a flag what the heck do I know... I thought the Eagles where going to feed us to the wood chipper so what do i know....

I can also remember Bevo etc. saying they know our history and wont repeat past mistakes/missed chances like what happened after 54... Its been like a dodgey remake!

How are people still blaming Bevo? Yeah a few selections I.e Vandermeer were bad but again our players are mentally weak and s**t themselves when the opposition get a run on it’s not coaching it’s personal we don’t have it
Ultimately he is in charge. If he can’t find a way to protect a 41 point lead, it’s on him

How are people still blaming Bevo? Yeah a few selections I.e Vandermeer were bad but again our players are mentally weak and s**t themselves when the opposition get a run on it’s not coaching it’s personal we don’t have it
That all falls back onto the head coach for not putting plans in place to make our players mentally tough enough to deal with the ebbs and flows of the game.

He runs the show. He decides on how our team condition themselves, both physically and mentally, so yeah, it falls onto him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back