Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not about who is the better footballer, the fact that Davis hasn’t made our best 22 after so many years on our list validates the delisting decision

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No it doesn’t. That only works if it’s assumed that we always make the right decisions when it comes to rating players. Which is demonstrably untrue.

Last edited:
Davis looked ok every time I saw him play at AFL level.
I hope he gets another chance at a club that gives him a proper go . Never forget how we threw him in at the cats one week down there and then dropped him the next week for years ! Horrible way to treat any new player. I’d like to hope that Nicks wouldn’t do that

I hope he gets another chance at a club that gives him a proper go . Never forget how we threw him in at the cats one week down there and then dropped him the next week for years ! Horrible way to treat any new player. I’d like to hope that Nicks wouldn’t do that

And compare his output that day to the likes of Tex and Eddie. From memory he was a couple of effective disposals behind them. So what more could reasonably be expected of a debutante if they failed so badly themselves.

I couldn't even tell you who has been delisted from other clubs, but would almost guarantee that there's one that's a better footballer than Murphy.

Davis is a better footballer than Murphy in my opinion.

Davis better than Murphy? Don't think so.

Davis was on the list so long for locker room vibes not footballing ability.

Murphy gets games at the highest level (too many if you ask me) and contributes okay in an unnatural position for him. He isn't going to take us to the next level but he isn't a list clogger like Davis was who might play once or twice a year and be anonymous in those games.

If you said Davis over Mchenry I would probably agree.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Davis better than Murphy? Don't think so.

Davis was on the list so long for locker room vibes not footballing ability.

Murphy gets games at the highest level (too many if you ask me) and contributes okay in an unnatural position for him. He isn't going to take us to the next level but he isn't a list clogger like Davis was who might play once or twice a year and be anonymous in those games.

If you said Davis over Mchenry I would probably agree.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

McHenry and Murphy interchangeable based on your own rationale above. Murphy probably worse because there’s almost zero chance of a breakout style year whereas after 3 years in, Ned may in his 4th.

McHenry and Murphy interchangeable based on your own rationale above. Murphy probably worse because there’s almost zero chance of a breakout style year whereas after 3 years in, Ned may in his 4th.

You're quite the optimistic if you think Ned still has the possibility of breaking out. I'm a believer in 2nd year blues and improvement isn't always linear but Ned hasn't shown any glimpses or upside to build off to begin with. He's an absolute headless chook. I think his perceived pressure is grossly overrated too.

Would much rather sift through the delisted pile for the hopes of another Keays, Hinge type player than waste more time on those two. Shows how bad we're struggling for depth with these blokes making the cut.

You're quite the optimistic if you think Ned still has the possibility of breaking out. I'm a believer in 2nd year blues and improvement isn't always linear but Ned hasn't shown any glimpses or upside to build off to begin with. He's an absolute headless chook. I think his perceived pressure is grossly overrated too.

Would much rather sift through the delisted pile for the hopes of another Keays, Hinge type player than waste more time on those two. Shows how bad we're struggling for depth with these blokes making the cut.
youre right i was being overly optimistic with ned - its a bust but we are stuck with him cos he has two years to run not one.

Nicks wasn't any more interested in playing him than Pyke.

I always felt like Davis deserved being given a string of games to give him an opportunity to prove what he can or can't do. But it's moot now, and no put keeping a player you're not willing to select other than as a medical emergency anyway.

I always felt like Davis deserved being given a string of games to give him an opportunity to prove what he can or can't do. But it's moot now, and no put keeping a player you're not willing to select other than as a medical emergency anyway.
We needed to work out if he was a player earlier on. This wasn't some key position player that was taken in the first round. He was taken as a forward at pick 75 but played mostly as a half back and we kept him around for 6 seasons. Why?

We needed to work out if he was a player earlier on. This wasn't some key position player that was taken in the first round. He was taken as a forward at pick 75 but played mostly as a half back and we kept him around for 6 seasons. Why?
I definitely agree we needed to have made a decision much quicker than 6 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aligning him with Murphy isn't being overly optimistic at all. They're almost identical in where they sit in terms of value to a contending side. The only difference is that Ned has had less seasons to prove that we've seen his best level.

I know this might be slightly controversial but I would give Murphy one last chance to save his career by playing as a full time midfielder next year on teh basis he gets ripping fit over preseason.

We saw him play mid a few times for a few mins here and there this year and at times was our best clearance player and did some very nice kicks to Tex/Fog.

If he spuds it up in the midfield then delist him this time next year, simple.

I know this might be slightly controversial but I would give Murphy one last chance to save his career by playing as a full time midfielder next year on teh basis he gets ripping fit over preseason.

We saw him play mid a few times for a few mins here and there this year and at times was our best clearance player and did some very nice kicks to Tex/Fog.

I'm not sold on Parnell in terms of one on one defending so I'd give Murphy a crack as small defender. Parnell would get a chance further up the ground when opportunity presented. Right now my best 22 to select for the future has Milera on a wing, but that spot may open up given his ho-hum output and Seed's likely to not return. Murphy is in my back pocket based on our current list.

Why? There is far better midfield prospects on our list that deserve time.

Taylor, Pedlar, Berry, Schoenberg, Cook, Soligo, Hately hell even Crouch would have more of a chance of reviving his career as a mid than Murphy.

Whats done is done and we can't change it. But next year, Murphy and McHenry had better have career best years or they should be done and dusted as AFL players at the AFC.
I reacon we’ve seen as good as Murphy can get.. and it’s not good enough.

still hope for McHenry.. but it’s fading very fast.

I reacon we’ve seen as good as Murphy can get.. and it’s not good enough.

still hope for McHenry.. but it’s fading very fast.
McHenry is not quick enough nor big enough for AFL. Full stop.

His ordinary skill level doesn’t compensate for his lack of pace and size, unlike a player like Bulldogs’ Caleb Daniel e.g.

His Mr Furious act simply doesn’t cut it.

A complete draft blunder.

I thought I’d seen it all on here, but lamenting Davis’ delisting takes the f******* cake.

I’m not lamenting his delisting. I’m lamenting that he was on the list for so long for so few games but looked ok, given lack of experience, in all of them. What is lamentable aspect is that our list only saw 4 exits, 1 potentially returning. Davis was obvious but there should have been at least a couple more guys exiting.

McHenry is not quick enough nor big enough for AFL. Full stop.

His ordinary skill level doesn’t compensate for his lack of pace and size, unlike a player like Bulldogs’ Caleb Daniel e.g.

His Mr Furious act simply doesn’t cut it.

A complete draft blunder.

Taylor should be given opportunity ahead of McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back