Autopsy Dogs get the job done for Bonty's 200th

Remove this Banner Ad

Seemed to do well on tv and stat wise, 10 disposals 5 tackles 2 behinds. If they had been goals that’s a solid game for a small forward.

Until someone stands up to take that small pressure spot in the VFL I see him having a spot in the team
Any criticism of his game is idiotic. it was more than serviceable for the posistion

I was pleased to see Jamarra used as the man behind the ball a bit.

Just needs to add that asset to his game. We can’t burn out Naughton too much by asking him to do everything.
I reckon the way we have handled Marra right through his short career has been brilliant. We have built his game slowly and let him find his feet in each aspect

Sorry but that was hard to watch. Remember we were playing 18th with two debutants!!!

In the last 20 years it feels like the club has had a solid history of being hard to watch against teams on the bottom of the ladder and winning by 6 or so goals.

Good crowd in last night

Happy with the win, but concerned with the performance.

We were second to the ball most of the night, and they just looked harder and more comitted all night.

We were very lucky Lewis can't kick, because if he makes a couple of those goals, the result could have been different ie more momentum, energy etc

Our forward entries were terrible nearly all night, and only started to clean up right at the end. I am still struggling to see any real offensive cohesion or structure.

We have 2 massive liabilities in our back half in obrien and keath, and their errors cost us at least 3 goals (that spoil attempt in the goal square by obrien on lewis was TERRIBLE).

Unless something significantly changes, I think we will be a 6 to 10 team this year. We're ok against teams that make mistakes and have scoring challenges, but against teams with good offensive system, we will get belted each time.

Good to get the job done, but was a poor performance.

The difference between a top four team (and flag contender) and the bulldogs is evidenced by our first half v one of the bottom two teams in the comp and Melbourne’s vs the other one.

Sorry, I’m just still sour that the team decided this was how they would honour their captain and best player on a pretty significant milestone.
Have a good day mate I’m pretty sure we won

They’ve been competitive vs north, Adelaide (in Tassie) and GWS. They’ve lost by 10 goals to Essendon, and 14 goals to both Sydney and Geelong. They’re terrible, and a lock for bottom three as well as favourites for the spoon.

A five goal win on our home deck in our captain’s 200th game is not a good look. I fear it is indicative of our position though.
LOL it dosent work like that

Yeah was ordinary. 10 clearances and 2 goals. If that's a hack Id love to see a gun young player. You guys won because we ran out of gas at HT and Lewis had no support. The result is flipped in 18 months time. Laugh all you want at our tribulations now. Don't get used to it though. We will be back. I'll leave your board on that note.
LOL keep dreaming loser

It won't be 3-4 years. Otherwise there was no point getting players like Amon. Our nucleus is there in the midfield. Another 30-40 games with the current group they will be able to run out games better which was the main reason we fell away in the 2nd half and no structure besides Lewis forward of the ball. We need at least 1 key defender and a 2nd KPF to compliment Lewis. Could both be on the list already but haven't developed yet. Were already playing better than 3 weeks ago. Not really an out there prediction were not on a very long road back like has been suggested.
Yeah nah you are s**t and will remain so for along time

So he is a hack then. Didn't really clarify anything . Career won't amount to anything How do you know that? He's played what 30 matches?. For a guy who didn't go down the traditional path to get drafted I'd say he's trajectory could be anything. He was tagged today was he not? He wasn't tagging Bont that was Nash doing that. I'd say Bevo rates his ability as a player already if he's getting tagged.
LOL Bevo never has and never will tag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit over 40,000, so a pretty good crowd. Concourse very packed.
The crowd grew during the game after supporters got wind of scragcity's Winston Churchill inspired AI induced masterpiece. Had a tear in my eye and a strong sense of pride. I was ready to fight the energy on the beaches. Tried to catch a plane from Qld at the last minute but was beaten to the tarmac by throngs of bulldog supporters.

Umpires were allowing front on contact and arm chops in marking contests (Sicily) all day.

It does my head in when compared to the soft free kicks Charlie Curnow gets week in week out.

Why we let our defenders rotate on to Mitchell Lewis is a mystery to me. Play Liam Jones on him and he is limited in his impact considerably.

I think if we want Jones to play as an intercept type then we need to play Gardiner as the other lock down defender.

Keep in mind the $40 million is from the sale of gaming machine assets, not per year. The Hawks no longer hold pokies on their books.

We also had a significant cash injection when we sold our previously held pokies licenses so it’s not fair to specifically criticise them when they’ve exited the industry like our club.

Keep in mind one of their 'assets' was in Caroline Springs. So they've been ripping money out of the pockets of the people of the West for years. Then again, this is a club that was led by Kennett, so true to form.

Anyway, apologies for this tangent.

Back to the game, our centre clearances have to be addressed this week. We were murdered in there. It was a joke.

Keep in mind one of their 'assets' was in Caroline Springs. So they've been ripping money out of the pockets of the people of the West for years. Then again, this is a club that was led by Kennett, so true to form.

Anyway, apologies for this tangent.
Hang on now. You are talking about the family club!!! 🙄

Got 4 points move on, no injuries and our most important player had a week off.

L.Jones and Oscar have been great gets.
Jones has held the backline together.
Oscar provides the run, width and intensity we needed on a wing. He has urgency as soon as he gets the ball, he’s off looking to create and catches other sides out as no time to set up.

TOB has finally got a good run with injuries. I think he’s building nicely. Good hands and seems to make Jones Richards Dale job and role easier.

Lobb goal in the last just on the 50 directly in front, how many of our players would have kicked that goal?

Keep in mind the $40 million is from the sale of gaming machine assets, not per year. The Hawks no longer hold pokies on their books.

We also had a significant cash injection when we sold our previously held pokies licenses so it’s not fair to specifically criticise them when they’ve exited the industry like our club.
Did both clubs just sell the their licences to other operators?

If so, that's a very soft exit from the pokie industry and no cause for celebration. There's no real reduction in harm when the exploitation just carries on under somebody else's name.

In the ACT the government has been paying clubs to retire their licences. They have a target of cutting the number of machines to 3500.
Is there a similar program in Victoria?

EGMs are a cancer on society.

Yes the crowd was good. We massively outnumbered the Hawks fans. There must have been around 35k Bulldogs and 5k Hawks.
I don't understand how we can pay for Gold Reserve seats and be surrounded by mouthy, obnoxious Hawks supporters at our home game!?! Just about ruined the night for me. I'm going to write to the club and let them know that if I want to sit in the Hawthorn Cheer Squad I don't have to pay many hundreds a year per seat.

Other than that....brilliant to win for our captain.

I said the same word recently and then seen later it was censored. Every coach I had for 15 years said our aim in tackling was to ****** your opponent. It’s a normal word in normal context. It is disparaging in other contexts, but it’s not a modern swear word.
Some mean poster called another person by that word and those fond of handing out labels themselves decided that one was not allowed. As usual there are unintended consequences 🙄

Yeah was ordinary. 10 clearances and 2 goals. If that's a hack Id love to see a gun young player. You guys won because we ran out of gas at HT and Lewis had no support. The result is flipped in 18 months time. Laugh all you want at our tribulations now. Don't get used to it though. We will be back. I'll leave your board on that note.
Bahaha your list is a MILE off, enjoy

We need to find a new inside bull whether it be via draft or trade. Libba and treloar are 30 plus and whilst Daniel played well on the outside, we got beaten up when he was around the stoppages.

I’m not too worried we always seem to find inside mids with ease but it’s certainly a main list management objective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back