Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Seb Ross isn't a bad career for an uninspiring player. His overhead marking looked very good tonight.
Nothing wrong with that, Seb has had a great career. Would be a great result for Windy if he carves out something similar.

However, I get nervous when Windy is thrown around as an example of our exciting young talent. Literally every club has at least a couple of Windy level talent type players.

Don't expect him to dominate, in fact I expect very little given his draft position and young age. I am just pointing out that he is getting a lot of unnecessary hype.

It's getting to Sipposs/Tom Ledger levels on here. Doesn't make sense to me, given he has no obvious elite traits.
He's got plenty of elite traits. They just don't always come out at AFL level when you are 19 years old and a dozen or so games in.

I'll continue to be excited about what he can offer going forward.

With that one in the bag we really just need to win one of the next two weeks - Tiges at the G then Bears at the Dome. Then we have the bye in WA, Dees, then a bunch of winnable games. If we could sneak to 13 wins by August then we'll be well-placed for the last three which could all be tough.

Don't expect him to dominate, in fact I expect very little given his draft position and young age. I am just pointing out that he is getting a lot of unnecessary hype.

It's getting to Sipposs/Tom Ledger levels on here. Doesn't make sense to me, given he has no obvious elite traits.

Neither does Sam Walsh or plenty of other mids. Might as well just sit back and hope that he's something good.

Incredible win. Just not a win we have under Ratten. He responds when things aren't going our way and for the most part, gets the boys to respond.

Funny, Crouch really is our barometer. He fires, we win.

Steele looks cooked. Hope he gets back to his 2020-21 weight...looks gaunt these days.

Kids just look so good, let gresh go if we get a 1st compo....need more high end talent to surround them.

Mitch Owens is undeniable

If he played for a different team the media would be fawning over him.

I don’t even care about results anymore I just want more Mitch.

They already were on to him. I reckon his couple of weeks without playing probably made him slip people's minds.

Nothing wrong with that, Seb has had a great career. Would be a great result for Windy if he carves out something similar.

However, I get nervous when Windy is thrown around as an example of our exciting young talent. Literally every club has at least a couple of Windy level talent type players.
No other club has an Owens level type talent. So less focus on your obsession with your Windy assessment and more focus on Owens.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Very noticeable shift in intensity this week with our defending. Ross didnt have a heap of footy but his pressure was fantastic - 10 tackles. Pou looked like he had a bit more effort chasing and harassing. Hammer laid 7 tackles which is huge for big bloke.

Thought Howard was very good tonight. Frustrating player at times but tonight was very positive.

Owens is our barometer. What a star! Marks balls he doesn’t look like he’s going to. Rucks. Tackles. Kicks goals. Absolute bull

NAS has turned into an absolute weapon 🔫

Thought Ronnie was pretty good too. Should stick to kicking on his left. It’s a lot more reliable than his right.

Wilkie 🧱
Felt he had a couple of starstruck moments in the 2nd but his second half was fantastic

Stocker has been an absolute steal

Incredible win. Just not a win we have under Ratten. He responds when things aren't going our way and for the most part, gets the boys to respond.

Funny, Crouch really is our barometer. He fires, we win.

Steele looks cooked. Hope he gets back to his 2020-21 weight...looks gaunt these days.

Kids just look so good, let gresh go if we get a 1st compo....need more high end talent to surround them.
I thought Steele was very good in the 2nd half

Just can't seem to put 4 qtrs together at the moment

The fact he is showing he can do it for parts of the game suggests it's not injury holding him back

Good win in the end.
Second half is the template for the way we want to play.
The slinging/dangerous tackle rule is going to ruin the game.
Owens, Nas and King are the future, and reason enough to stay positive no matter what happens for the rest of this season.
Go saints

Agree the 50s were a little lucky. Bloody harsh penalty.
Both of the fifties that we got were 100% legitimate, must pay, plain as day penalties.

The joker on the mark for the Owens fifty was three meters ahead of the actual mark and with the NAS one, you cannot approach the mark from behind the player unless immediately after the contest. That bloke just wandered in ten seconds later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't blame the umpire for paying the Blakey free. It was right in front of the umpire, clear head knock, the umpire would be out of a job if he didn't pay that. A year or so ago and it's fine. But it shouldn't even be looked at for suspension. Does anyone know where Christian lives?? Asking for a friend.

Both of the fifties that we got were 100% legitimate, must pay, plain as day penalties.

The joker on the mark for the Owens fifty was three meters ahead of the actual mark and with the NAS one, you cannot approach the mark from behind the player unless immediately after the contest. That bloke just wandered in ten seconds later.

Collingwood, Port, Sydney all crab over the mark to stop players playing on and allow time to set up ahead. Umpires waited until the game was in the balance to officiate it. They should pay it every time.

Chito becoming our most important player

He's probably in our top 6 or so in impact in his second year. Can't remember the last player that came on that quick. We seem to have the slowest development of any club.

I think I've given votes to Nas in five of the last six matches... holy sh*t he's having a very very solid season.

I thought he was good and would make it at a higher level but not this quickly. He's playing at a level beyond his years.

Thank fk he signed on the dotted line as his value is going through the roof.

How good is it to have genuine young stars in King, Owens and NAS to build a side around. Haven't felt this since early 2000s.

Sad that after that win someone has to come on here and bag the crap.out of Windy.
He jumped ahead of Mitch last year and was playing good football before breaking his hand.
He has struggled a little with defensive systems and wrnt back and got a tonne of possessions in the VFL.
First full game back for months and he gets compared to Tom Ledger. Yeah righto. Always some to be Debbie downers.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back