Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Very noticeable shift in intensity this week with our defending. Ross didnt have a heap of footy but his pressure was fantastic - 10 tackles. Pou looked like he had a bit more effort chasing and harassing. Hammer laid 7 tackles which is huge for big bloke.

Thought Howard was very good tonight. Frustrating player at times but tonight was very positive.

Owens is our barometer. What a star! Marks balls he doesn’t look like he’s going to. Rucks. Tackles. Kicks goals. Absolute bull

NAS has turned into an absolute weapon 🔫

Thought Ronnie was pretty good too. Should stick to kicking on his left. It’s a lot more reliable than his right.

Wilkie 🧱
Felt he had a couple of starstruck moments in the 2nd but his second half was fantastic

Stocker has been an absolute steal

Byrnes kicking looked great tonight. Never thought I'd say that.

I thought Steele was very good in the 2nd half

Just can't seem to put 4 qtrs together at the moment

The fact he is showing he can do it for parts of the game suggests it's not injury holding him back
Not sure I agree. Could be the reason...

Just so fumbly and seems bereft of confidence. Which could be fitness based. Was great vs GWS....

Sad that after that win someone has to come on here and bag the crap.out of Windy.
He jumped ahead of Mitch last year and was playing good football before breaking his hand.
He has struggled a little with defensive systems and wrnt back and got a tonne of possessions in the VFL.
First full game back for months and he gets compared to Tom Ledger. Yeah righto. Always some to be Debbie downers.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the board overrated him.last year and in the preseason, will be a good player hopefully 200+ gamer but dosent have a ceiling like Mitchito.

No other club has an Owens level type talent. So less focus on your obsession with your Windy assessment and more focus on Owens.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
I love Owens as much as the rest of us. Pou, Owens, NAS and King is a bloody exciting young group.

We will see with Windy, he is a bit of a free kick given we didn't cough up a high pick.

It's getting to Sipposs/Tom Ledger levels on here. Doesn't make sense to me, given he has no obvious elite traits.

You can't see them. But a lot of us can.

He's got plenty of elite traits. They just don't always come out at AFL level when you are 19 years old and a dozen or so games in.

I'll continue to be excited about what he can offer going forward.

7SkNfgN.gif

Young guys good.

Have to tip my hat to Dan Butler. His pressure was unbelievable.

Found most of the game really hard to watch. Just an ugly mess devoid of skill.

Happy for the win but we're a long way off it.
It was ugly but the pressure level was right up there. Not many easy balls in the clinches tonight.

Projecting the list forward three years:

King 26 years old 120 games
Owens 23 years old 70 games
NWM 24 years old 100 games
Phillipou 22 years old 70 games
Caminiti 23 years old 60 games
Windhager 23 years old 60 games
Byrnes 25 years old 100 games
Stocker 27 years old 100 games

Could be a pretty solid core to work with for a while. No idea what comes of Hotton, McLennan, Van Es, Keeler, Peris, Adams, Heath, Allison, Connolly, Sharman, Bytel but hopefully a few good players from that group.

And pick a few from the older ones: Coffield (27), Clark (28), Higgins (28), Paton (28), Battle (28), Gresham (29), Hayes (30), Butler (30), Wilkie (31), Steele (31), Marshall (31).

Could be shaping up ok if everyone's development keeps progressing.

Sad that after that win someone has to come on here and bag the crap.out of Windy.
He jumped ahead of Mitch last year and was playing good football before breaking his hand.
He has struggled a little with defensive systems and wrnt back and got a tonne of possessions in the VFL.
First full game back for months and he gets compared to Tom Ledger. Yeah righto. Always some to be Debbie downers.

A lot of people are tough on players. I am one of them. But the assessment on Windy so early in his career and at that age is pretty mind boggling.
Has plenty of raw ability.

Young guys good.

Have to tip my hat to Dan Butler. His pressure was unbelievable.

Found most of the game really hard to watch. Just an ugly mess devoid of skill.

Happy for the win but we're a long way off it.

That was a game played under finals like pressure, ugly but gritty as ****. Sydney and others turned up the heat on us last year and we'd turn to water. We turned the table on them. We had their disposal looking like a bottom 4 side. That is the Saints I want to see, just dirty hard working pressure mongers harassing every touch.

Every win away, every reward for effort game and against the odds win is why we wanted Lyon in. He's starting to show his worth and there are a bunch of kids learning the right way to play and a bunch of old guys being reprogrammed as we go. You are a long way off it when you don't make finals. Make finals and try to nab a win and hit next year with momentum. If you are there and in it there is always a chance of upsetting the script.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't seems so on TV but Horse said it was very slippery for the first two qtrs, Ross said the ball was like soap and the pressure great.

Nas has really blossomed, looks so composed.
Clutch goal, only his second in AFL.

We rightly talk about Mitcho, but Nas is racking up possessions, is balanced like Nicky was and uses the ball just as well.

Thought, Wilkie, Doogs, Battle and Stocker stood up, Webster used it beautifully. Backline solid.
Mids got to work in the second and beat Sydney's. Butler was brilliant as a small forward, Hammer had great pressure and Titanic really added a lot when he came on.
Good second half.
**** I hate that Papley germ.

Both of the fifties that we got were 100% legitimate, must pay, plain as day penalties.

The joker on the mark for the Owens fifty was three meters ahead of the actual mark and with the NAS one, you cannot approach the mark from behind the player unless immediately after the contest. That bloke just wandered in ten seconds later.
Agree. Can't understand how the Gulden one was harsh. Anyone with eyes knew he stood way over the mark and he tried to play dumb.

I think the board overrated him.last year and in the preseason, will be a good player hopefully 200+ gamer but dosent have a ceiling like Mitchito.

I don’t think it was this board overrating him, he did get a rising star nod and played some good games in the back half of last year and it’s the club that hyped him up in the preseason.

He’s struggled this year and has been the sub a lot but he wouldn’t be the first. Let’s see if he can turn it around he’s still got plenty of time at this stage.

Michito san had a pikunikku tonight.

It means Mitch had a picnic tonight, I learnt Japanese at school so I can speak a few random Japanese words and I can count to ten in Japanese.

I bet Michito san can speak better Japanese than me, he surely couldn't be any worse.

A lot of people are tough on players. I am one of them. But the assessment on Windy so early in his career and at that age is pretty mind boggling.
Has plenty of raw ability.

Very true. I am as critical as anyone, but after a body of work. Kid is 19, played ok today, first game back, but Tom Ledger? FMD.

Doesn’t happen often, but every now and then it hits me…f**k Dougal is a hilarious name.

Harsh by his folks, but very good sense of humour.

It's a classic Scottish name. All the Dougals I have know are posh so might be a bit of an aspirational flog name too.

Bit shaky early on but value his role in the team

He hit up heap of kicks that looked like Josh Kelly would have trouble picking out. I thought he cut them open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back