Position 2023 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewett or Maric? Who do we think scores better?
Whelp, if the ball hardly goes into the Weagles front half, then Hewett.

I’ve witnessed some absolute drubbings of Carlton in the last couple of decades, but that demolition job the Swans did on them was something else.

Demoralising for all and sundry.

How long will Harley Reid last there if they’re being pounded from pillar to post before he wants to come home and play for a Victorian club?

Anyone have any opinion on whether Ned Long is going to get another start with the hawks this year?

Seems to be doing well for box hill, heaps of tackles

Been sitting on my bench for a while now
He's behind Stephens and Ward at the moment, he's probably not getting a game unless Nash or Worpel go down.

He's behind Stephens and Ward at the moment, he's probably not getting a game unless Nash or Worpel go down.
And just read that Ward should play this week....

FORMER top-10 pick Josh Ward is poised to return to Sam Mitchell's side for the first time in nearly two months this weekend, while Changkuoth Jiath is set to resume his season after lingering calf and Achilles problems.

Hawks poised for midfield boost, will defender play VFL or AFL?

Jiath return on top of Sicily in next few weeks could kill Day’s scoring.

Day was smashing out hundreds early in the season as a pure midfielder. He's found his groove again the past couple of weeks so I expect him to be a decent scorer on the run home.

The one thing vastly ignored from his lean patch was that his floor was actually passable. Nothing under 74. In a year where carnage has reigned supreme, we could do a lot worse than a D6 with scoring potential around 75-80 in a bad week.

Day was smashing out hundreds early in the season as a pure midfielder. He's found his groove again the past couple of weeks so I expect him to be a decent scorer on the run home.

The one thing vastly ignored from his lean patch was that his floor was actually passable. Nothing under 74. In a year where carnage has reigned supreme, we could do a lot worse than a D6 with scoring potential around 75-80 in a bad week.

2 scores over 100 in first 10 games he played. Wouldn’t call that smashing out hundreds. 😀

(Acknowledge he had a 98 and 97, but for the sake of my point they aren’t counted 😂)

I’m going to steer clear of him. Has the perfect role at the moment though.

2 scores over 100 in first 10 games he played. Wouldn’t call that smashing out hundreds. 😀

(Acknowledge he had a 98 and 97, but for the sake of my point they aren’t counted 😂)

Has his role changed that much?
Impey is the one who has been smashing out hundreds as the gull...

I don’t trust Days role thru the finals. A 60-70 could knock you out, when many are at full premo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t trust Days role thru the finals. A 60-70 could knock you out, when many are at full premo.
In a perfect world, he would be bench depth for mid/def.

The problem is that there will be carnage.

So its difficult to justify upgrading him when there are less than 5 trades left in the bank.

Every CBA would be nice.

I need to field the kent this weekend most likely, as long as the role gives me 80+ points I don’t care what he does 😀

Hopefully Oliver returns next weekend and it’s the last time I need to field him. With the Dees playing in NT I assume that’s part of the reason to not risk Oliver again, due to the travel time etc.

I'm worried about Weddle holding his place in the Hawks team this week.

Even being named on the extended bench will stuff me up as Wilmot's Lions are playing on damn Thursday night and I'm one of the idiots holding both Oliver & Sicily.

Even being named on the extended bench will stuff me up as Wilmot's Lions are playing on damn Thursday night and I'm one of the idiots holding both Oliver & Sicily.

Don't tell me this. As a owner of Yeo, Weddle, Oliver and Sicily I don't need all 4 missing!

Our reserves were flogged on Sunday too, with really only Josh Ward putting his hand up.

Mitchell hasn't really swung the axe too bad, and Weddle was ok in the first half. Obviously, I can't say for sure, but I'd be surprised if he was dropped. He may lose his spot when Sicily returns in Round 18 though I guess.

Sounds like CJ will play Box Hill, and likely tested out on a wing, so he may not be the threat either.

Not ideal, current role is working for us. Where does Aish usually play?

Edit: Read the article. Wing. Sounds like more mid time for SPJ :)
He can score well either way, was getting some cheap junk on the wing last week. Covered a lot of ground.

Can't be long before O'Meara and/or Natalie get injured, but as long as he stays in the team I'm happy :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back