Review Cats ground Bombers by 77 point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So other than a managed player I think we saw our finals team tonight - 2E not Sav in case you were wondering!

To me 2E comes into the 22 and O Henry goes to sub (Mullin misses 23). I don’t think Sav is in for finals and can’t count on C Gurthrie getting back.

If no injuries then I think that is the team? A 23 that can get on a role and win B2B
2E has been ordinary this year, Bews also. If bews is fit I’d play him for his lockdown capability. 2E is good depth.
Guthrie only in for Bowes

I thought the opposite. He's had a few great games where he's shown great promise, but I thought he messed up some simple things and got in the way of teammates a bit tonight.
Still, I like what he brings, he's hard at it and he's generally a reliable shot at goal.
We are building nicely and have to keep up this improvement.
I liked his game because he was more accountable defensively chasing and pressuring ball movement joining in Stengle Rohan close and I feel it made a significant difference in the end.

We will win premierships with an overall team defensive effort, not Ollie trying to sneak into positions out the back for goals.

I've said it a few times this year but it bears repeating: arguably THE key to our success is having Blicavs and Atkins in beast mode at the same time while both of our jets: new (Holmes) and old (Dangerfield) are in full flight by their side.

That mixture of ingredients has rarely been present this year mostly to unfortunate circumstance, but when it is we look very, very good.

Add Bruhn and C. Guthrie into that, with stints from O'Connor tagging when needed and Dunc for short bursts of class - and it's good enough to match the best midfields in the league, IMO.

If Richmond can pull their finger out and beat Melbourne in a few weeks that will help immensely.
They keep winning the games that hurt us, which means they’ll lead all game and bottle it. Nothing surer. Can guarantee they wont get the four points we need them to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort by the Cats! When I saw that Phillips was suspended and Draper was still injured I thought Essendon would struggle. It was the perfect storm, no serious ruckman and Geelong near full strength on their home ground. Of course I didn't expect Geelong to come out and play like that. They came out firing and they kept the intensity up. O'Connor's tag on Merrett also was a big factor. We really need to bring that same intensity against Brisbane next week. Geelong has been a bit Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde this year.

I couldn’t believe the hype around Essendon but the weirdest thing was listening to Sanderson on SEN analyse this game mid week.
He had not rated Essendon all year but ONE single game against the crows and he caved into the pressure of the bomber faithful.
He talked them up and pointed out all our flaws and tipped the Dons.
As if they were ever going to win against us in Geelong.

Best post match coverage - can't beat the access you guys get with the players & club
Been saying it for over a decade.

Go CAtters

Training runs are over at GMHBA… it’s big next week! It’s pretender or contender time for both!
didnt get the pretender result you wanted this week so pushing to next week?

Keep searching for it... you'll get it eventually.

GO Catters

I wonder if Kingy will ever let Benny fully off the chain...

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
not on air! Funny as **** both of them off it.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back