Preview Changes & Preview Thread versus the clowns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port need to play a ruck for structure.
Lycett - injured
Hayes - injured
Teakle - played 1 game in 2 months so not fit
Visentini - next in line. Young, but the future.

Best available selection.

Sorry forgot to add the sarcasm indicator

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is he better than a Lord Finlayson combo?
Good rucks have figured out Finlayson, he is alright as a pinch hitting ruck, but not full time in the middle. And Lord isn’t a ruck.

So…. yes, I would say an actual ruck is better than no ruck. At the very least, the midfield will rover to Obrien and should even the contest in clearances.

Him repeatedly going to soccer off the ground instead of pick up loose balls is a canary in the coalmine. Either his agility’s going, or McGovern rattling his ribcage has made him reluctant to invite contact, or both.

As per my reference a few weeks ago, if you watch vision of Marc Murphy’s final season, he was doing the exact same thing.

Anyone can come in and hack the ball or fresh-airy off the deck, if that’s what you’re bringing to the table.

Hopefully it is just related to his battered torso and there’s still enough juice left in the orange to keep going with rest, or we might see a redux of the mid-season ‘gone to live on a farm with Dom’ manoeuvre.

I think it is a bit of his battered body and him playing on the wing.

On the fist point, he copped a hard hits in the back from the other McGovern and some other bloke in the Carlton game. I think that was kind of what we were seeing last week.

Yep, he’s getting old and his end as a player is nearing. But he’s definitely been playing hurt most of the season. He’s not the only one. Just look at Dixon and Lycett, amongst others

If Lycett is carrying an injury that's gonna hang around all season, we need Visentini to be selected for the rest of the season. It won't be Sam Hayes. Dixon and Finlaysin will play their role, but so must Dante. Look forward to seeing the fabulous Dante Visentini play for Port on Saturday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like that Dante is getting a proper chance to see how he's tracking rather than his last minute call up. He can't do any worse than Hayes who really isn't playing this week due to his emphysema.
He can do significantly worse than Hayes, and in fact he has already has done significantly worse than Hayes.

Pretty funny how we’ve become the “oh he may be young/old/small but we know one thing he will give it his best effort club” ala the kane mitchell nathan blee sam gray matt thomas hard worker types that are in reality shit balls AFL players. Dante falls into the same category.

And the last time multiple people said “its fine we should beat this mob regardless” it was a 50 point loss to carlton where silvagni and motlop kicked 4+ each. Crouch Laird and Sloane easy finals bound revival for the crows

Also Narkle seemed to coast during the sanfl game last week not surprising he didnt get the call up. Hugh Jackson has put together a solid last few months

Poor Hayes. Genuinely feel sorry for the bloke. Could have had a career if he'd been drafted to a club that makes indefensible decisions not to play him over objectively worse players.
Haven't we tried to trade him for the past two years? Apologies but which club has put in an offer? I missed it.

Dante will out leap OBrien
Size the issue OBrien being heavier going to be hard to move him around.
Still see the ball coming to ground most of the time and if that happens and Dante can do a bit around the ground he'll have had a good night.

He should also ignore flat footed senior players who call for the ball after he gets a free or takes a mark.

IMG_0266.JPG

Haven't we tried to trade him for the past two years? Apologies but which club has put in an offer? I missed it.
If you were a supporter of another club and you knew nothing about Sam Hayes' actual ability but knew that his coach had played Brynn Teakle or even no ruck at all ahead of him, would you want your club to trade for him?

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. His value has been tanked because of the way we've treated him.

Whats O’Brien paying for the medal?

Searching for this myself. Not sure it’s opened (likely today or tomorrow) but I’ll be all over it.

Great hedge for us losing at probably $10+ with a chance of still getting it even in a loss with how dominant he’ll be.

If anyone sees the market could you please tag myself and Macca.

Dante will out leap OBrien
Size the issue OBrien being heavier going to be hard to move him around.
Still see the ball coming to ground most of the time and if that happens and Dante can do a bit around the ground he'll have had a good night.

He should also ignore flat footed senior players who call for the ball after he gets a free or takes a mark.

View attachment 1757431

Phillips is 201/103 so a tiny bit smaller than ROB and (although Dante was a late call up) absolutely monstered Dante.

ROB is a far better ruck than Phillips too so hopefully it isn’t a repeat performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back