Review Preliminary Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can never knock Dev's effort and there will be a few Blues players waking up sore from the rib rattlers that he dished out throughout the game as well.
What about Cam Rayner's rib breaker on the edge of the centre square, crunched some poor Blue nuffie... who was it?

The fight back after the 5 goal to zip start highlighted how far this group has come. Could also be a blessing in disguise to assist the players in not panicking next week if the Pies get off to a hot start and no doubt they’ll come out red hot.
What happened today was exactly what happened in the 18 GF in the 1st. Brissie are a team that can reel in deficits, just gotta keep putting that intense forward surge pressure on them. Make it physical and bully them.

Carlton fans created an amazing atmosphere, felt like a soccer game with half the crowd maroon and half the ground blue.

Blues fans were absolutely incredible. Loudest I’ve ever heard opposition fans at the Gabba.

Lol.

That was a blatant free every day of the week. To McKay.
He'd held Andrews off the ball, resulting in Andrews going to ground, just before that. If not for that I'd agree, but I think they swapped the whistle in that case because of an attitude of "well it went out anyway".
Back in Nerang.

On cloud nine.
Cloud nine in Nerang? Hmmmm officer, yes this gentleman here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people saying it was a Carlton dominated crowd but it really didn’t feel like that in the midst of the crowd. And they died down rapidly by half time. After that Brisbane supporters seemed to make far more noise.

The backline stood up. Harris and Lester saved us and Gardiner really did his job. Those three kept us in the game and then Kiddy got us back in with a chance. Outstanding game.

Linc and Hipwood worked hard without much reward at times but it paid off as the game went on. Bailey was excellent. How he didn’t get a free in the third quarter is impossible to fathom.

No idea why Carlton thought Cripps was fit enough other than they needed him. He clearly wasn’t able to do a lot of heavy contact.

I'm still absolutely humming

Darcy Gardiner is an absolute gun

On SM-A536E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Enjoyed hearing a Blues supporter say that he was going to barrack for Collingwood next week because we robbed them, only for about a dozen other Blues supporters to turn on him! I think the world will be barracking for the Lions next week.

A lot of people saying it was a Carlton dominated crowd but it really didn’t feel like that in the midst of the crowd. And they died down rapidly by half time. After that Brisbane supporters seemed to make far more noise.

The backline stood up. Harris and Lester saved us and Gardiner really did his job. Those three kept us in the game and then Kiddy got us back in with a chance. Outstanding game.

Linc and Hipwood worked hard without much reward at times but it paid off as the game went on. Bailey was excellent. How he didn’t get a free in the third quarter is impossible to fathom.

No idea why Carlton thought Cripps was fit enough other than they needed him. He clearly wasn’t able to do a lot of heavy contact.
You would have got that impression off the TV coverage; all they did was focus on Carlton strongholds.

Sincerest and hearty congratulations from this Carlton tragic

You guys proved all season that were Grand Final worthy (despite a couple of hiccups along the way)

Harris Andrews proved again tonight he is undisputed the best KPD in the comp.

If we had to lose to anyone in the finals, I am glad its the Lions whom our brilliant coach was a legend of/played his heart and soul for.

We love Vossy at Carlton ! (I never gave up on him once as coach honestly)

Best of luck next week Lions, please beat the Filth again x
Had a tear when we won and reading your post
We are all footy tragically and I will always love the navy blues
Let’s beat the dirty pies

God dammit, I just voted for Ryan Lester and effectively the rest of our backline. They were so good tonight.

Harris won us the game with what he did in the first. We could have been 8 goals down at quarter time.

It was ******* ridiculous all night.
Would love an option for all teams where you can change the commentary to guys who barrack for their team. Would be fun tbh.
Had it on mute very early .

Back