Bluemour XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise he cost us a pick in the 50s.

Forget next years draft, could you identify a couple of players in this draft that we could take with a late 3rd rounder?

As for who he might push out, on current raw talent, I think he has a number of our current small forwards covered, due to his scoreboard impact and midfield prowess

Ultimately, it's not a sheep station trade given the cost

Spot on. To put it in context for the pick we gave for Hollands you are an:

• 18% chance of drafting a 100 gamer
  • 8% chance of drafting a 200 gamer
  • 3.5% chance if drafting an all Australian

Statistically speaks its a no brainer. I think Hollands chances are well ahead of those odds.

Anyone heard anything further about this?

"Drug Bombshell: AFL Rocked After Player Fails Test"

"A player from a Melbourne-based finals team has tested positive to drugs late in the home and away season.

A urine sample taken from the player after a game in the weeks leading up to the AFL finals returned positive for a banned substance, believed to be cocaine.

Herald Sun
AFL news 2023: AFL finals player tests positive to drugs
40 mins ago
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/37c4ce9507ea1330287dd72011cb2a59

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently a Melbourne based player has tested positive to cocaine on match day late in the season. Apparently from a team involved in finals. Fingers crossed it's not us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder why it took so long for them to announce the positive result. Lack of funding for testing?

Imagine the uproar if Melbourne had won the flag.
It takes a long time to do the testing, and apparently have only done the A sample.
Better to keep it quiet until it's confirmed.
You don't want situations like Peter Bol's.

Why is the poster not allowed to have some doubts?

The reality is, none of us really know what we are going to see from EH. We hope it will be the best version possible, but GC would have hoped the same.

He was given the first 4 games this year, then not seen again until round 18. His VFL numbers were erratic and he kicked 7 goals in 15 games at that level, so he wasn't dominating as a forward.

He came back into the ones for the last 5 games. In the final 3 of those, he was subbed off, which can hardly be taken as a positive. Played a great game in the VFL granny, which is definitely a positive.

We've heard about the knee rehab and we've heard about the drinking. Again, we don't know the true situation with either. Wouldn't be the first kid to struggle with homesickness and temptations up there.

We'll back ourselves to bring out the best in him, but from what I am reading, he has already pushed out incumbents and is in our best 22. We all want that to be the case, because it obviously makes us better, but we can't possibly know it's the case.
Settle.

He's the one who made the incorrect comment - that EH's stats showed whatever....

I just said 'watch the game'!

Pretty silly to do the night before a game, even with the 24 hour thing.
But it’s good gear, ya gotta try it…
Prepping for the end of season.
Celebratory occasion
Just a dabble
Oh #, I’ve got footy tomorrow (it’s only Hawthorn, don’t worry).
W/end bender in Sydney

Who knows but all valid excuses.

It feels like Carlton has been on the wrong side of 'sliding doors' moments for 20 years.

Your post is an excellent reminder that we did in fact get very lucky in a few very important turning points.

Yep. SOS is also on record as saying Weideman was his preferred KPF over H and Charles. Luckily, Melbourne preferred him too at the pick before us.

Swings and roundabouts. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. We've had more than our share of unlucky, but we've had some lucky too.

Different positions. McAdam more the replacement.
Dents their “talls” more so.
Billings a free hit
Well, he'd certainly improve their 'kicks nothing but points until he plays Carlton' quota, whilst also adding to their 'let's get hundreds more possessions than our opponents' strategy.

Next year, they'll trade in Tim Membrey and call that a win.

no one said that.

were you on the hooch last night?
Can you make a constructive post without trying to be funny and attacking someone for having an opinion. Seems to be they way you post, minimal actual opinions just being a smart a...

And re-read everything that was posted before trying be smart

I have never said I didn't want the player and that he didn't show something as a youth player, merely that a singular game isn't the reason I'd have him onboard

It's called constructive conversation. Highlighting positives and negatives of a player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back