Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

McCartney was only because Griffen asked for a trade. He was coaching in 2015 otherwise.
I guess it could play out like that again in 2023 if several top 10 players threatened to walk.

Don't forget there were others rumoured to be on the cusp of walking in 2014. Pretty sure Wallis was one of them.

I guess it could play out like that again in 2023 if several top 10 players threatened to walk.

Don't forget there were others rumoured to be on the cusp of walking in 2014. Pretty sure Wallis was one of them.

I hope not. I know it all worked out in the end but I’d rather not get into the position of waiting for top players to force moves because those in charge are sitting on their hands.

*Not saying that is happening in this scenario. But back in 2014 Griffen went to the higher ups and said McCartney was causing huge divides with the players and couldn’t stay on and they decided that they were going to back the coach in.

I mean, the club should be investigating possible replacements right now, right? regardless of ifs and maybes, there should be scrutinising with an extreme scrute?
Fair point.
But maybe all this recruitment of quality assistants is for that precise reason?

Only those in the inner scrutum would know for sure.

dogwatch where does scrutum sit in the 'hierarchy'(?) of sanctum and scrotum?! 😃
Anatomically the sanctum is higher up, somewhere between the heart and the brain.
The scrutum is a little lower down, but not all the way (ask Purple about that)
And the scrotum is of course a fully-descended scrutum.

Got it?

I'm back on board! CBF changing my vote though - I'm sure I'll inevitably be back off after we get smashed in rounds 1 and 2 next year!

But for the moment - back on the Bevo train, baby. Toot, toot! With a bunch of seasoned assistants, Baz either refreshed via a haircut and/or handlebar tache or traded, Naughton wearing a hair net in games - in team colours, of course, Bevvvvvoooo will come out inspired in 2024. Watch us take conceding 5 on the mark and make it work by the guy on the mark doing an Aker hand stand, Keath and Gardner booted from defence - to become our starting wings, and small/mid VFL-level plodders moved on - to be replaced by Tomlinson, Henry and other guns of their ilk!

We will bamboozle other teams and coaches next year - I've heard the theme books are Catch 22 and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - but adapted brilliantly to an Australian, nay an AFL/Bulldogs-specific narrative.

We are the 2024 bomb baby! Get on board, or GTF out of the way.......!!!!!

Woof, woof, ****ing WWWOOOOOOFFFFFFF!!!

😆😀🤪🤔😪

I'm back on board! CBF changing my vote though - I'm sure I'll inevitably be back off after we get smashed in rounds 1 and 2 next year!

But for the moment - back on the Bevo train, baby. Toot, toot! With a bunch of seasoned assistants, Baz either refreshed via a haircut and/or handlebar tache or traded, Naughton wearing a hair net in games - in team colours, of course, Bevvvvvoooo will come out inspired in 2024. Watch us take conceding 5 on the mark and make it work by the guy on the mark doing an Aker hand stand, Keath and Gardner booted from defence - to become our starting wings, and small/mid VFL-level plodders moved on - to be replaced by Tomlinson, Henry and other guns of their ilk!

We will bamboozle other teams and coaches next year - I've heard the theme books are Catch 22 and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - but adapted brilliantly to an Australian, nay an AFL/Bulldogs-specific narrative.

😆😀🤪🤔😪
A thread suggesting 2024 narratives based on books would be quite good. Anything in 3+ reading age range should get a fair hearing.

A thread suggesting 2024 narratives based on books would be quite good. Anything in 3+ reading age range should get a fair hearing.

Mr Men??? There's probably one for every personality type at the club!

Or even better, a Mr Men series based on our club, with the added bonus of an income stream?

Mr Bevo
Mr Baz
Miss Kylie
Mr Astro-naught
Mr Lobbster
Mr Invisible (choose your relevant player/football manager!)

😆😀🤪🤔😪
:drunk:
Have you just staggered back from Mad Monday celebrations gj? (Or Turps Tuesday perhaps.)

Anyway, whatever you're on, I want some.

I think if you pick best 22 Macrae and Daniel are easily in. It is only when you are looking at team balance and overall team leg speed their position looks in jeopardy. Looking at Round zero to succeed you need to move the ball at speed. Slow ball movement and it becomes too easy to defend. To maximise this facet of the game you need quick decision making, leg speed, good disposal and the ability to put pressure on the opposition to create turnovers.

It ensures we do not play, Astro, JUH, Tim, Lobb and Sam in the same team. Plus, unfortunately it raises the question can we play Astro, JUH, Tim and one of Lobb or Sam in the same team. Does the aerial and ruck advantage gained by having one of Lobb or Sam outweigh the advantage of another small. Most teams in round zero went with a 2 man tall forward setup and one ruckman, The swans went with 3 tall forwards and subbed Amarty of at half time. Maybe the slippery humid conditions contributed this decision.

Hopefully we can buck the trend because of the quality we can have in the 3 tall setup. We have invested heavily in this area (JUH pick 1, Sam pick 2 and Astro pick 9).
As you’ve mentioned hopefully we can buck the trend. I just don’t think it’s as simple as saying we need to copy what works at other clubs, it only works at these clubs because they have quality players to play these positions, we don’t and I don’t think trying to fit an extra VDM or Scott in at the expense of Lobb/Darcy purely because they’re small & quick is the answer. We need to lean into our strengths where we’ve spent big and that’s in our talls IMO

WE've got a scary good forward line. We want to get the ball in there before most of the players from both sides arrive. The majority of the time, thats on the rebound. So to play to our strengths, we need player in defence and thru the middle that provide a heap of run and accurate kicking, IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep blaming Bevo. We clearly don't have enough talent. Bottom 6 list

Back