Review Round 6, 2024 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee loses a lot of respect after that. Butters too. When you’re coming off two poor finals showings and you go up against the reigning premiers and fail to produce or even stand your ground, then you lose considerable footing in the way people view you. Won’t forget Rozee’s non-performance unless he lifts a premiership cup which will never happen. The softness started with him today.

I've been banging on about Rozee and Butters in the finals last year and this is why. Because ultimately, when the heat comes on again, history says they'll go to water again.

Rozee and Butters are both amazing footballers from a pure skill perspective. On their day they will look like top 10 players in the comp. And that will be quite often. But they aren't made of the sort of stuff that gets you over the line in big games. To put it bluntly, they are soft. It is of course possible to coach this out of them in time but we all know that won't happen under this coach.

Horne-Francis by contrast is a natural leader. He stands up in big moments, he fights and competes no matter what the scoreboard says. He is the real on field leader of this team and will be its clear best player within 12 months.

I'd say it's even sillier to think Dixon makes any major difference to todays result.

I didn't say he would. But the idea that our forward line looks and functions better without Dixon is and has always been a fairytale.

Remember how tough 2013 wines and 2020 zak butters were , now there both like deer in the headlights lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say he would. But the idea that our forward line looks and functions better without Dixon is and has always been a fairytale.
Difficult to judge on a day when the midfield capitulates, we completely give up the corridor and our opponents manage 38 scoring shots. I thought the forward line looked more functional with more options.

Rioli must be dropped. Instead of Handling to DBJ who would have walked into an open goal and gut us back within 4 goals with more than half the quarter to remain, he tries a pissy dribble kick and misses.

Good sides don't do that and can't tolerate it.

Absolutely inexcusable.
And yet, the inanimate carbon rod, the cardboard cut out, the oxygen thief, the inarticulate bogan, the fraud masquerading as a coach stood next to the bench emotionless, not even a change in facial expression, no anger, no motion to the runner to get Rioli off or even send a message out. Tell me what we're paying him sh*tloads of money for?

Whenever we feel good about this group again, let’s say after our next win against Essendon, please refrain from talking up individuals. The notion that Lachie Jones is tough for example, needs to get thrown out right now. SPP the same. Both overran balls and failed to straight line the footy when confronted today. They could not keep the rolling ball in front of them. That is the definition of weak and soft, just like Rozee’s incessant slipping over and fumbling. Nick Daicos is ten times tougher than those three combined.

Difficult to judge on a day when the midfield capitulates, we completely give up the corridor and our opponents manage 38 scoring shots. I thought the forward line looked more functional with more options.

Which of those options did you like?

Marshall in the car park?

Bombing it on Rioli's head?

Soldo and Sweet getting first hands to everything and dropping everything?

Powell-Pepper's rubber chest?

Rozee & Butters are obviously highly gifted I do tend to worry about their influence however when they come up against seasoned big mids in genuine sides, we probably need another big grunter.

I don't worry about JHF because his desire for creative outside play is in balance with doing the hard stuff.

I dont really care what Tredders says on the radio.

I expect him to be asking questions at Alberton this week.

Agreed.

The match against the Dee's and this game are repeated failures that needs thorough investigation and not just swept under the rug when we flat track bully our next game.

Mental weakness is a sign of poor leadership. i was expecting Rosie and Butters to step up in that department but it seems they are hamstrung by a weak coaching panel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back