Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
PETER WRIGHT

Calder Cannons
203cm
Main positions: Key forward, ruck.

Victorian Peter Wright dubbed better than Joe Daniher as Melbourne, Carlton eye forward saviour:

"Recruiters were wowed by a 55m post-siren Wright goal last year, with Kyte adamant he could play Round 1 next year.

He is the nominal no. 1 pick entering the national under-18 championships in a draft well stocked with key talls.

“He has always been a kid who stood out because of his size and he played as good a ten minutes of footy as I have seen in Round 2 of the TAC Cup. He kicked four goals in ten minutes and runs a 14.5 beep test which is elite for his height and runs three seconds dead for 20 metres, which is elite.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/victorian-peter-wright-dubbed-better-than-joe-daniher-as-melbourne-carlton-eye-forward-saviour/story-fni5f22o-1226881315605

Top-end talls face contrasting journeys to the draft

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-01/twin-talls-aim-high

314469-90c6c168-c07e-11e3-ab5c-db8d2f3f624e.jpg

Last edited:

Melbourne and Carlton may want him but I strongly suspect Brisbane will be getting the spoon this year. Carlton look like they will win at least a few games while Brisbane look no where near it.
YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WILL BE GETTING THE SPOON

I heard wright is playing tonight... would love a run down on his game

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I watched the first 3 quarters, but left at 3QT. Wright touched the ball a total of 3 times. Kicked 2 goals 1. All in the last 10 mins of the 3rd quarter.
I pretty much only went to watch Zaine Cordy, so was pleased to see how well he was doing on him :D

I heard that Wright kicked a couple more goals in the last though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the first 3 quarters, but left at 3QT. Wright touched the ball a total of 3 times. Kicked 2 goals 1. All in the last 10 mins of the 3rd quarter.
I pretty much only went to watch Zaine Cordy, so was pleased to see how well he was doing on him :D

To add to this though, his legs are like tree trunks. Damn hard to move.

Igloo, was T Wallis named the brother of Mitch?
How did Jayden F

how did Jayden Foster go ?
Good to see Zaine in the bests
Is T Wallis the brother of Mitch?
Cheers

Hope the guy can handle living interstate...

McCartin has better hands and is a better player, very evident today. Height is the only reason Wright will be drafted ahead of him.

I made a comment weeks ago that he is a very good ruckman, he is not a key forward in today's football. Outsizes most boys in the TAC cup, today at full forward he flew for a number of pack marks and was then out of the contest, second efforts were poor.

That said he makes good decisions when he has the ball, good handball and kick for his size. I would see him being a late first rounder not number 1 pick.

^ hahah

I've watched him and he looks very good, some quicker KPDs might give him trouble at AFL level because he is pretty slow
obviously will be a high draft pick, but I am far from convinced he'd be a star at the next level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back