Brownlow talk (Congrats to Priddis)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on him! fully deserved as well, even if the cards fell his way a little bit.
Gets in and under and wins his own ball, with very very little help compared to most teams who have 2 or 3 that share the load.
Bottom line is, no he did not have a better season than some but he was in the top 3 more often than the others, consistency won him the medal and i congratulate the fella.

And If we had swan and Adams fit all year who would he replace? He can't play anywhere but the starting midfield so others would have to make way. He's better than Adams but we need him to develop.

Our clearances has more to do with the ruck the the midfielders anyway.

Well seeing as Ball just retired I'd say Priddis would take his spot. Adams looks good so he needs game time. You're going to hate hearing this but Priddis is a better player than Swan now, Swan's past his best and I highly doubt he'll get back to it on a consistent basis. I think there'd be room for all 3 of the players anyway.

Well seeing as Ball just retired I'd say Priddis would take his spot. Adams looks good so he needs game time. You're going to hate hearing this but Priddis is a better player than Swan now, Swan's past his best and I highly doubt he'll get back to it on a consistent basis. I think there'd be room for all 3 of the players anyway.

Priddis is possibly better than Swan now, personally I'd reserve that judgment until at least the halfway mark next year. I think Swan should perform a lot better than he did this year, although I doubt we'll see him recapture his best form due to age and injury.

And yes, Ball retiring would theoretically mean a slot should be there for Priddis, but I'd say that'd only be the case if we expected to challenge for a Premiership next year. If everything fell into place that could theoretically happen, but the odds are stacked against it and thus I'd rather give games to Adams and anyone else we see in a similar position (JT perhaps?) so that when 2016/2017 rolls around they're far more developed.

Saw Chris Grant at a pub on Monday night, you can't but feel sorry for him, especially this time of year, polling the most votes and getting rubbed out for something that would probably not warrant a suspension these days. Makes you glad in a way that Nat Fyfe got rubbed out a second time (deservedly so), so he was truly ineligible, just think if he had not be suspend the second time and polled the most votes.

Saw Chris Grant at a pub on Monday night, you can't but feel sorry for him, especially this time of year, polling the most votes and getting rubbed out for something that would probably not warrant a suspension these days. Makes you glad in a way that Nat Fyfe got rubbed out a second time (deservedly so), so he was truly ineligible, just think if he had not be suspend the second time and polled the most votes.

On the Fyfe thing: why do the AFL persist in making umpires continue to give votes to ineligible players?
In days gone by, once you were rubbed out the umps stopped giving you votes (wasting them on an ineligible player) and that way the embarrassment didn't occur unless you got nabbed in the final round.

On the Fyfe thing: why do the AFL persist in making umpires continue to give votes to ineligible players?
In days gone by, once you were rubbed out the umps stopped giving you votes (wasting them on an ineligible player) and that way the embarrassment didn't occur unless you got nabbed in the final round.
The umps award the votes to the best players on the ground. Without taking into account past transgressions, using your system players that had a lesser effect on the game are award votes. It could happen to the extent that the 4th or 5th best on field are awarded 3 votes. I can see where you are coming from but am happy with the current system.

I have to say of all the clubs comments I've scanned regarding priddis winning I'm pleasantly surprised that collingwoods comments on average have been easily the most gracious, sensible, respectful and sporting even those who don't think he should have won. Your a bunch of real gentlemen and to that I dips me lid.:thumbsu::hearts::thumbsu:

I have to say of all the clubs comments I've scanned regarding priddis winning I'm pleasantly surprised that collingwoods comments on average have been easily the most gracious, sensible, respectful and sporting even those who don't think he should have won. Your a bunch of real gentlemen and to that I dips me lid.:thumbsu::hearts::thumbsu:
Probably because he tore us a new one in rd 20! But seriously it's a great story, overlooked 4 times, rookie listed, most disposals, 3rd in tackles and still humble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back