Round 8 Port Adelaide vs Richmond - Adelaide Oval

First thing David King spoke about on camera 'Dunno about the jumpers...they don't even look like Richmond!'

No mention of the absolute debacle Port Adelaide managed to avoid at the 11th hour of last year's Elimination Final, due to Richmond's woefully inadequate previous clash guernsey. Or West Coast having to wear its clash guernsey at home last year against Richmond for the same reason.

Bravo, Richmond. About ****ing time, but better late than never for them to figure out that primarily black, with a bit of yellow isn't an adequate alternate strip for a team that normally wears primarily black, with a bit of yellow. The fact that it actually looks good is a nice bonus.

Fair call, to be honest, I don't like majorly yellow strips as they're generally harsh on the eyes, but it had to be done. As for King, it's such a stupid thing to say. If Richmond make a clash strip that's mostly dark and tries to look like Richmond, then it wont be a clash strip. So it looks different to the strip Richmond generally wears? That's the whole point of a clash strip ya idiot.

Fair call, to be honest, I don't like majorly yellow strips as they're generally harsh on the eyes, but it had to be done. As for King, it's such a stupid thing to say. If Richmond make a clash strip that's mostly dark and tries to look like Richmond, then it wont be a clash strip. So it looks different to the strip Richmond generally wears? That's the whole point of a clash strip ya idiot.

If it was up to me, a basic rule of a clash guernsey being rubber stamped would be that you could play an intraclub wearing the regular versus the clash and it wouldn't be chaos.

What the hell has happened to Port?
1894076-3x2-940x627.jpg

I can't say I'll be sad if they keep up like this all year, it's been bad enough in Melbourne the port love in I can't imagine how insufferable it has been in Adelaide.

It's a return to normal, last year's final is the only time they've beaten us in quite a while.

Last year they improved a lot, off season all other teams sat down, looked at what they did and worked out how to counter it...

It's the Hawthorn curse, Our prelim opponents invariably go on a massive slide the next season. Collingwood, Adelaide, Geelong, and now the Power.

Back