News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

So hard to comprehend this has really happened. Sending all our prayers, love and thoughts to the Walsh family and our AFC mates. We are there for you as you were for us when we lost JMac. Flying as one in spirit, will proudly stand alongside you at the Showdown.

:(

Still hard to believe.

We'd found ourselves a gun of a coach, but, like Craigy, a guy who also believed in being a mentor and a positive influence on the lives of his players.

The tweets say it all; they might've been scared shitless of Walshy, but they respected the hell out of him - and they loved him. He was improving and building us as a club; and, as Paddy said, was teaching the boys and helping them become better men.

I was so disillusioned with the Crows over the last few years, and I wasn't expecting the Walsh appointment - but it was very quickly, very obviously, a good one. His press conferences were great, the way he carried himself made me proud to be a Crow fan again.

This is just a terrible tragedy all round - people shouldn't die over things like this; let alone at the hands of a family member.

I'm sad we've lost Walshy - but my heart breaks for his wife and daughter.

I would like this to be our banner for the Showdown: for us, and Port.

Woosha's would be great but his weakness was tactics. He used Phil and Burns to help him with that.

Still hard to believe.

We'd found ourselves a gun of a coach, but, like Craigy, a guy who also believed in being a mentor and a positive influence on the lives of his players.

The tweets say it all; they might've been scared shitless of Walshy, but they respected the hell out of him - and they loved him. He was improving and building us as a club; and, as Paddy said, was teaching the boys and helping them become better men.

I was so disillusioned with the Crows over the last few years, and I wasn't expecting the Walsh appointment - but it was very quickly, very obviously, a good one. His press conferences were great, the way he carried himself made me proud to be a Crow fan again.

This is just a terrible tragedy all round - people shouldn't die over things like this; let alone at the hands of a family member.

I'm sad we've lost Walshy - but my heart breaks for his wife and daughter.

I would like this to be our banner for the Showdown: for us, and Port.

" We cry as one ...".
Tribal rivalry put to one side for that game .....

It's an incredibly special thing for a man to have a son. I've watched my baby boy grow and develop, he's now 6 and from that baby has grown a small boy who dominates every sport he tries.

My love and pride almost bursts every time he touches the footy, hits a ball - just watching him at training is so exciting - I'm his biggest fan.

PW will have had all of those moments and feelings and my heart breaks when I think what must have been going through his mind in those last moments. The agony of that beautiful little boy and how he arrived at that moment.

My boy wanted to Skype me today so I knew that he didn't want to kill me. Kids are like that - raw and honest with few if any social protocol.

It's an unimaginable tragedy

Reading up a little on his son (he has posted on a surfing blog online recently and news outlets have found it), he wasn't a bad person. Traveled the world for a while, and had moved back home to be with family. Looked like your typical 26 year old pretty happy with life, and moving into the more mature years. It's just so hard to comprehend that this could happen.

Anyone who labels themselves as an 'aspiring pick up artist' and confesses to being an intensely emotional and bi-polar drunk (who wants to fight people or aggressively chat up girls when pissed), who is partial to drug use, doesn't sound great to me.

11168422_10206072951397958_1606470277743418593_n.jpg

Putting out my scarf for Walshy.

Vale, mate. You'll be missed.

Wow, what a shocking day, yes shocking, I'm in shock. Herd the news this morning before work. Now sifting through the threads.
Can't believe it
Just had a son, have a fantastic father.
Can't believe situations could come to this.
Devastating for everyone involved and not involved.

Exactly same boat as you mate.

My young lad is almost a year old and this morning as I was in total shock I think he knew something was up, was just happy sitting near me whereas usually he is on the go before you can blink.

Anyone who labels themselves as an 'aspiring pick up artist' and confesses to being an intensely emotional and bi-polar drunk (who wants to fight people or aggressively chat up girls when pissed), who is partial to drug use, doesn't sound great to me.
Don't really wanna speak ill of him at this stage but this pretty much sums it up for me.

As others here have mentioned, working in a field where I see all manner of people with all kinds of illness, the amount of mental illness you see accompanied by regular drug use is disturbingly frequent.

I actually found out at 5am, had a mate who was a police officer at the scene. He's a diehard Crow and I've never heard him cry........ I could barely understand him.

The shock is still there. As you say KE we have left alot to be desired as a club in recent times and this was the man who was going to lead us back to where we want to be.

And now this.

Exactly same boat as you mate.

My young lad is almost a year old and this morning as I was in total shock I think he knew something was up, was just happy sitting near me whereas usually he is on the go before you can blink.

My son is with his mother in another country. Less than a year old. I booked 4 weeks annual leave at work today so I can spend time with him. Wouldn't have had the guts to do it before. Walshy has inspired me not to live my life with regrets (other than the thousands I have already ;))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made sure to get out of work to watch my son's karate grading (which i have done in the past but hadn't planned on today)

And he got the merit certificate for being the best at grading today (most vocal and best listening to instructor) as well as his white stripe. Made me proud

Don't really wanna speak ill of him at this stage but this pretty much sums it up for me.

As others here have mentioned, working in a field where I see all manner of people with all kinds of illness, the amount of mental illness you see accompanied by regular drug use is disturbingly frequent.

I actually found out at 5am, had a mate who was a police officer at the scene. He's a diehard Crow and I've never heard him cry........ I could barely understand him.

The shock is still there. As you say KE we have left alot to be desired as a club in recent times and this was the man who was going to lead us back to where we want to be.

And now this.

Agree totally, with one small change - he was the guy leading us there.

Christ, he was even going to drop VB this week; he was finally turning us around!

I made sure to get out of work to watch my son's karate grading (which i have done in the past but hadn't planned on today)

And he got the merit certificate for being the best at grading today (most vocal and best listening to instructor) as well as his white stripe. Made me proud
And that's the ticket mate, give him your time and be a fan - that's all they need

Ive often had a strained relationship with my old man. He's a pretty intense bloke and I'm quite the opposite (except with footy) but he's always been there in the important moments and he's always the first bloke I call when I've got something to say.

The day I got my L's
The only footy GF I played in
High school and Uni graduations
The night I proposed to my missus
And the day fires ripped through our neighborhood when I was in the USA.

No matter your relationship with your parents theres no reason short of massive abuse that could drive you to this.

Mental illness and/or drugs.

Most people who commit murder are either under the influence of something, or are, to some extent, mentally broken.

And that's the ticket mate, give him your time and be a fan - that's all they need

Like a lot of the boys have said - he was a ruthless, uncompromising hard arse, and they were terrified of him... But they knew he genuinely cared about them, and they loved him for it.

I'm on holidays and was going to sit around and watch the day unfold on the TV. My little 2 year old girl kept coming up and distracting me wanting to play with her Peppa Pig. It helped, and we ended up spending 2 hours down at the local pool playing and laughing. It helped a lot. Days like this put perspective on life. Same as the day John McCarthy died, or someone you know dies. It does strike me when things like this happen, how we all take stock, and then within a week we go back to relative normality. It's the way it is, but it's a quirk in our nature that I often think about.

Took my family out to pizza hut buffet tonight and then played cars with my two year old lad for an hour before bed time
It's good for the soul hey…after some backyard footy we took our boys to the drive-in, even let them get a sundae on the way home! (After spending all day in disbelief, at least it was something positive)

Told my boys last night that we're going to the footy this week. Then this happened. When I got home from work, I thought I would sit down with the boys and explain that the coach had died and the game was called off. I want to be honest with them but thought they would be better off not knowing the manner of his death. Unfortunately as I sat them down they already knew and that his son had stabbed him. Probably naive of me to think this wouldn't be mentioned at school but I think it's natural for a Dad to not want their kids to lose their innocence.

Mental illness and/or drugs.

Most people who commit murder are either under the influence of something, or are, to some extent, mentally broken.

Like a lot of the boys have said - he was a ruthless, uncompromising hard arse, and they were terrified of him... But they knew he genuinely cared about them, and they loved him for it.

Police are exploring that Phil's son may have been on the drug ice at the time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back