Autopsy Rd 14 Carlton vs Bulldogs Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate exaggeration like this.

11 disposals at 63.6%. Did a few nice things. In other words he did not stuff up every possession he had. You see what you want to see in order to release your frustration.

Yeah ok, I can accept that my frustration is making me exaggerate just how bad I suggested he played.

But seriously, too many times he had a free players and all he had to do was direct an easy kick or handball, yet he stuffed it up.

Now, frustration aside, if the doggies first gamer can come on and have 9 possies and a goal in a quarter, surely Boekie who was supposed to be AFL ready could execute simple kicks and handballs to team mates who are free and in prime position.

On a brighter note ... Graham 26 disposals at 73.1% efficiency, 13 contested possessions, 8 clearances, 5 tackles.

Surely the rising star nomination is coming his way this week.

Not a terrible result considering the team that was fielded... would like them to keep Boeky in the side for the rest of the year.

He just needs to get used to the pace of the game

This. The fact that tonight showed how badly we need more midfield run helps his case as well.

Graham's showing the value of getting some continuity into kids.

Well there is three hours of my life I will never get back. The most frustrating game to watch I have endured for a long time.

Positives were we only lost by a couple of kicks and that was after four posters and some keystone cops moments on the forward 50 you could only laugh at. Plus we out tackled them and had periods of complete dominance. But in the end we ran out of legs and were always short on class and experience so it was a pretty good effort all up. Bottom line is that Gibbs, Doc, Menzel, Carrots and Walker would have made a real difference.

Negatives were our decision making and skills, especially going inside 50. Appalling.

Tuohy played his best game for years if not ever. Murphy continues to lead from the front, Yarran's skills were generally sublime, Holman is showing a bit, graham belongs now, Bucks was good, so was Simmo and Jamison had a good return.

Army was just too goal hungry tonight and cost us a few goals because of it.

I was looking forward to seeing Boeky play but I am still waiting. Did SFA. A worry.

Please move Hendo back.

Anyhow, with Suns back in business and a tough run home we are now in the frame for the spoon again.

Yeah ok, I can accept that my frustration is making me exaggerate just how bad I suggested he played.

But seriously, too many times he had a free players and all he had to do was direct an easy kick or handball, yet he stuffed it up.

Now, frustration aside, if the doggies first gamer can come on and have 9 possies and a goal in a quarter, surely Boekie who was supposed to be AFL ready could execute simple kicks and handballs to team mates who are free and in prime position.

Agree with this.

10/11 were uncontested. Missed very simple options.

Carlton weren't working hard and presenting well tonight. They kept each other guessing a lot because the options weren't there. He held the ball too long on a couple of occasions, got caught trying to cut inside and break the line but I don't mind that. I'm not sure this is a good game to judge any of the young guys on. Holman struggled, Johnson struggled a lot, Whiley struggled the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a brighter note ... Graham 26 disposals at 73.1% efficiency, 13 contested possessions, 8 clearances, 5 tackles.

Surely the rising star nomination is coming his way this week.
Wow, that's seriously impressive.

I didn't have him pegged as a contested possession and clearance racking up kind of guy, but he's certainly showing what he can do.

Thought once again Murphy battled on as hard as he could. He doesn't really do too much wrong lately. Had to do way to much heavy lifting tonight with such a young and light midfield around him. Didn't help having Cripps missing for patches with his soreness.
IMO Murphs needs to stand up as captain and show some flashes of brilliance rather than just accumulating touches. He needs to lead by example and influence the game. I like that he is getting more involved but his involvement seems to be more quantitative than qualitative.

IMO Murphs needs to stand up as captain and show some flashes of brilliance rather than just accumulating touches. He needs to lead by example and influence the game. I like that he is getting more involved but his involvement seems to be more quantitative than qualitative.

Really seems to be focussing a lot on not being an in and under type guy.

I'm confident we would've won that game with Gibbs, Docherty, Menzel and Rowe in the side. Dogs have played a lot better against other teams this year, bit of an odd one tonight.

This will upset a few but it needs to be said. Boekhorst has no place playing AFL at the mome. SOS called it a bad pick and anyone that disagrees is wearing their Blues scarf too tight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back