Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
only 8 trades left, 154k in the kitty

Looking at copping a donut for Maric but so is my opponent.

Thinking
Wallis or Cripps -> Rockliff
Pearce ->Maynard, Saad DPP
or get Mckernan for F7 / ruck coverage

Then looking at either Wallis or Cripps to GAJ next week.

Given the look of my team who should I look at keep as first bench positions?

Def: Would love a Hodge or Picken in the back line and have either Saad (M7/M8 Swing) or Colquhoun as D7
Is Bonts worth keeping as M9/F7 Swing or Upgrade to Lids?
Rucks: either risk it or get Mckernan this week

Capture.PNG

Currently have 10 trades and 13k.
First trade will be Lonie to Steele. Is it too risky to go Maric to Mckernan as my second trade and build a $380k war chest? Means the following week I can get Ablett and Hodge for Sloane and Oxley. The problem with Maric is his current output is equal to McKernans and he has dropped to $475k so he needs money put on him otherwise.
Why not SLoane to Steele and Maric to any premo ruckman? Still leave you plenty of cash. I'm not sold on McKernan, or anyone wearing red and black for that matter. Lonie likely still got some cash to make after his recent performances

10 Trades left, 160,700 cash
As I've previously discussed in this thread, I'm looking at doing Oxley -> JPK (via Hodge) this week. Pretty sold on it, hopefully will allow me to get GAJ next week.
My question to the faithfull is about my other potential trade this week.
My initial thoughts were to go Brown -> H. Goddard. I fancy having D/F DPP (Higgins/Goddard) for cover come finals time. But I am intrigued by Caleb Daniel. He can really play and I'm convinced he will score as long as he gets the opportunity. Having someone else generating cash rather than someone who isn't might still be really handy (if not downright necessary) for those luxury trades down the track.

So...considering my team and cash situation...
Goddard Vs Daniel?

Happy for any other comments or suggestions as always

upload_2015-7-7_9-42-11.png

The guy nearly tonned up in a 100 point mauling where his team barely had the ball all day. You're hard to convince !
He's doing a good job, no doubt.
But I'd much prefer 'tonned up' to 'nearly tonned up' for my 2 ruckmen. At this point in the season I'm looking for 'sure things', not 'maybes'.

10 Trades left, 160,700 cash
As I've previously discussed in this thread, I'm looking at doing Oxley -> JPK (via Hodge) this week. Pretty sold on it, hopefully will allow me to get GAJ next week.
My question to the faithfull is about my other potential trade this week.
My initial thoughts were to go Brown -> H. Goddard. I fancy having D/F DPP (Higgins/Goddard) for cover come finals time. But I am intrigued by Caleb Daniel. He can really play and I'm convinced he will score as long as he gets the opportunity. Having someone else generating cash rather than someone who isn't might still be really handy (if not downright necessary) for those luxury trades down the track.

Goddard Vs Daniel?

View attachment 150173
I would definitely go Daniel, without the sub vest i coud see him potentially racking 80 and Instead of jpk look at rocky, just a suggestion

But I'd much prefer 'tonned up' to 'nearly tonned up' for my 2 ruckmen. At this point in the season I'm looking for 'sure things', not 'maybes'.

Shame you didn't get on Looneyburger last week when he was 220k. Scored 101 Vs Sandi on Sunday (which not many have managed to do this year) Went up 50k in price and now has a B/E of -27. MrsG straight swapped Dumont>Leuey last week to cover Stef & now she has a decent R3 or can trade him out to a fallen forward premo in a few weeks time when he's 400k by switching Read back to R3.

Kelly > Daniel
Cripps > Armitage
4 trades left, plan to bring in GAJ next week for Wallis.
Might trade Roughy out next if not playing.
Thoughts?
upload_2015-7-7_10-37-19.png

Hey Gingy what would you do in my situation above?

I would write of the rucks this week and go Saad > Daniel & Wallis/Cripps > Rocky and then next week Wallis/Cripps > GAJ with the cash you made from downgrading Saad. You would even have enough $$$ left over to upgrade a Def to a Def Premo of your choice with your 2nd trade. = complete team with 4 trades for LTI's. Look at the bigger picture and you will be better off in the long term.

I would write of the rucks this week and go Saad > Daniel & Wallis/Cripps > Rocky and then next week Wallis/Cripps > GAJ with the cash you made from downgrading Saad. You would even have enough $$$ left over to upgrade a Def to a Def Premo of your choice with your 2nd trade. = complete team with 4 trades for LTI's. Look at the bigger picture and you will be better off in the long term.

Sounds good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you're comparing him against ruckman 200k more expensive than him.
That's a lot of money for a 'sure thing'.

Goddard Vs Daniel?

I would go Daniel considering you have a nice amount of trades left but even then you can wait another week. He looks good to get a string of games together after the way he played and the injuries to competing players. Then you could turn Krak into a premo in a week or so with Daniel/Steele as solid cover.

Wait until closer to finals before grabbing those link players I reckon.

But you're comparing him against ruckman 200k more expensive than him.
That's a lot of money for a 'sure thing'.
If this were preseason or even in the first few rounds I'd consider selecting a guy like McKernan. But at this point in the season I have no interest in a bloke who 'might' average 90, if he's lucky, and is priced at 300k. It's not time to be looking in the bargain bin. It's time to be bringing in rolled gold, A grade, premo talent. Of course 'sure things' cost a lot of money. This game would be easy if they didn't.
Now if you are looking at McKernan as your F7/R3, that's a different story...

I would go Daniel considering you have a nice amount of trades left but even then you can wait another week. He looks good to get a string of games together after the way he played and the injuries to competing players. Then you could turn Krak into a premo in a week or so with Daniel/Steele as solid cover.

Wait until closer to finals before grabbing those link players I reckon.
Thanks Yummy 6 (and everyone else for the input), I was leaning this way also. I can bring Goddard in later on.
I would love to wait a week on the Brown -> Daniel/Goddard trade but my concern is that having enough cash to get GAJ next week is going to be tight. Brown might lose a little this week (as will Selwood who I plan on turning into GAJ) and I'd hate to be short a few thousand. I'll do the sums and see how likely this all is before pulling the trigger, but at this stage I think I will

Brown > Houli/Higgins
Clark > JJK

Just have to upgrade one more rookie defender (Hamling/Lever) and then my team is done

Oxley > Steele
Saad > Gray

Hodge Houli Hibberd Higgins Kolodjashnij Smith (McKenzie, Beasley)

Fyfe Pendlebury JKennedy DBeams JSelwood Watson Gray SThompson (Steele, Dumont, Boston)

Naitanui Maric (Cox)

Martin Zorko Bontempelli Mitchell Swan Ziebell (Clark, McLean)

$230k cash with 6 trades remaining. Looking to Ablett next round

Last edited:
Wouldn't be trading Maric. McKernan could be useful if he's only going to be a bench forward swinging into the ruck when needed (like this week). Don't think Mason Cox or Tom Read will be getting a game any time soon.

Wouldn't be trading Maric. McKernan could be useful if he's only going to be a bench forward swinging into the ruck when needed (like this week). Don't think Mason Cox or Tom Read will be getting a game any time soon.
Got McKernan last week as R3/F7 for Hogan. Glad I did with Maric out.

I'm turfing Sloane and Oxley this week

Will watch GAJ with interest in the next 1/2 weeks and I'm just going to let my 3 rookie defenders moo a little more.

Coming In:
1. Caleb "Pocket Rocket" Daniel via Steele and Hodge
2. Armitage/JPK/Rockliff

Will leave me 8 trades and at worst 222k. Fingers crossed no trades for a week or two after that.

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 1.01.02 pm.png

11 trades and $323K.

Think it's time to move on Oxley. Can do Ox > Gaz via Yeo but that would pretty much wipe out the kitty and would rather wait for Gaz to bottom out.

Ox > Houli would let me do Smith > Gaz via Yeo next week with Hogan > Daniel, or potentially Wallis > Gaz straight up.

Any better options? Pearce, Lever , Steele and ANB obviously all still have more mooing to do.
upload_2015-7-7_13-24-14.png

11 trades and $323K.

Think it's time to move on Oxley. Can do Ox > Gaz via Yeo but that would pretty much wipe out the kitty and would rather wait for Gaz to bottom out.

Ox > Houli would let me do Smith > Gaz via Yeo next week with Hogan > Daniel, or potentially Wallis > Gaz straight up.

Any better options? Pearce, Lever , Steele and ANB obviously all still have more mooing to do.
View attachment 150216

I'd trade Oxley or Smith to Heath Shaw before bringing GAJ in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back