Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d like to thank the umpire in the Swans / Crom game because he’s made sure that our dismal performance will not be the biggest news story this week.
Edit; maybe we’ve been knocked down to third

Bevo, Bevo, Bevo.

The word was they are going right cull the assistants.

Missing finals may upset that.

Pound for pound the Dogs are as bad as West Coast.
I was digging deeper into the 2016 Dogs run and it is surprising how it all went

Dogs (7th seed) beat the 6th seeded Eagles then beat an ageing Hawks in the semi final. After knocking off debutant finalists GWS in the prelim they rode the back of an all time game from Tom Boyd and Liam Picken to beat a Sydney team whom lost the way to win at the 'G'

Long story short, I don't think Beveridge as good a coach as people think he is. That 2016 premiership has papered over a lot of cracks imho

I was digging deeper into the 2016 Dogs run and it is surprising how it all went

Dogs (7th seed) beat the 6th seeded Eagles then beat an ageing Hawks in the semi final. After knocking off debutant finalists GWS in the prelim they rode the back of an all time game from Tom Boyd and Liam Picken to beat a Sydney team whom lost the way to win at the 'G'

Long story short, I don't think Beveridge as good a coach as people think he is. That 2016 premiership has papered over a lot of cracks imho
Flags cover all sorts of shit. 2000 got sheedy 7 more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again shows the value of having quality players out there. A bit unsung but Cripps is highly skilled. Has always made opposition pay with his kicking.

Beat the eagles away. Beat the reigning three time premiers. Beat GWS away at the height of their super team status. Beat the swans who were absolutely stacked. Cmon mate

Beat the eagles away. Beat the reigning three time premiers. Beat GWS away at the height of their super team status. Beat the swans who were absolutely stacked. Cmon mate
Agreed. They were white hot for that month. They lost to near bottom Freo in the last round but came out sizzling against WCE here in Perth. The match against GWS was one of the great prelims.

They had a pretty good gameplan for a couple of years, but I guess everyone else worked out how to deal with it pretty quickly.

I think they pioneered that single motion handball/throw thing that everyone does these days, that might've given them an edge too.

if i recall my nuffy brain correctly that’s also around the time that it shifted from free kick hawthorn to free kick bulldogs, interesting read here, and not forgetting the 20-8 free kick grand final differential

not to say it mattered too much, but generally they’d received countless soft free kicks throughout the past 8 years than any other melbourne team (though the same could be said about west coast/port adelaide at home)

Winning a final doesn't come easily, flags are a rarity. Winning any premiership deserves credit.

Especially if you do it without the double chance in your pocket. Can't take that away from them.

However, being that Bevo was appointed just a year before it, it is questionable as to how much credit you can put that to him - and being that they haven't finished top 4 since, he's ridden off of that wave all this time.

And he's had his chances. But it runs even deeper than the coach. Seems like the entire team has ridden off of that wave. Lotta FIGJAMS and unevenness around the ground.

Very handy win for the Eagles cause they now they don't have to risk not taking Harley and forever coping comparisons.

Bailey smith is just as bad as parish kicking the ball. If he didn’t have his social media following he’d just be another run of the mill player

Maybe his cousin from Essendon can give him pointers on how to kick.

Very handy win for the Eagles cause they now they don't have to risk not taking Harley and forever coping comparisons.

Convenient isn't it.

1: NM: Harley Reid.
2: GC: Jed Walter.
3: WCE: Daniel Curtin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back