Autopsy The Kumbaya everything is wonderful again Dogs 124. Saints 10 goals less thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that Bonts audition game for his potential suitors next season?
Of all the media dumb we saw in the last week and there was a lot. the Bont talk was the dumbest.

Closely followed by the dumb of Collingwood supposedly telling its players not to talk about Bailey Smith on social media.

Last edited:

Buku was tempted to seek a trade in the off season and nobody could have blamed him if he did.

His decision to stay and back himself to crack the WB seniors has worked out well for all parties (except the club/s that were sniffing around him).

Thanks for staying loyal Buku.

I just really like Adam Treloar.
Had a great game, without seeing the numbers thought he was best on.

Should never see another game where Bont Libba Treloar take every centre bounce, hasn't and doesn't work as is predictable and wears them down using same combinations all the time, must continue to be mixed up with Macrae Richards Garcia Cody Sanders Gallagher

Dale & Macrae both excellent. Super subs!

Treloar very good again. Probably leading our BnF.

JJ great again.

Bont unusually down. Burnt a few guys taking shots from 60m and dropped some sitters. Bit unusual. Still kicked 3

Think Sanders misses next week. Garcia and Harmes both were pretty good and add pace/hardness to the side.

Naughton was great. 6 straight. Wtf was that.

Credit to Bevo for playing Richards in the centre square. Bit of an unusual one but really worked.

Gunna be hard to get Marra back into the side after that. Lobb did enough around the ground to justify his spot and I don't think you could drop Darcy. I didn't think playing Lobb and Darcy together would work but we really stretched and worried the Saints defenders.

I've been hard on Bevo all week and still think he makes it hard for himself at the selection table most weeks but tonight the effort and intensity was there which shows he hasn't lost the players.

Had a great game, without seeing the numbers thought he was best on.

Dale was super impressive in person, but even better after seeing the numbers he put up. He clearly had Saints putting 0% of attention into him, but he showed his class at every opportunity.

39 disposals at 92% efficiency with 867 metres gained is nothing short of insane.

Then you can add 15 marks, 13 intercepts - game high in all of those except efficiency, can’t really call Butler 3 @ 100% as the sub, so only behind Weightman who was 100% from 9. Plus he had 9 score involvements, only behind Macrae (who I thought was great too).

If that’s not 10 coaches votes this week & then 3 on Brownlow night, I will spew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buku was tempted to seek a trade in the off season and nobody could have blamed him if he did.

His decision to stay and back himself to crack the WB seniors has worked out well for all parties (except the club/s that were sniffing around him).

I really don’t think he was considering leave much at all, was mostly media talk and probably his agent trying to drive up his price. I had a post about this before he signed while the media was still saying he was likely gone - had overheard a conversation at a VFL game which confirmed he was staying

Last edited:

Been terrific hasn’t he.

Team has been up and down like a yo-yo and he has been very solid in each game.

Naughton’s kicked 21 goals in the last 6 games without JUH. This isn’t a shot at JUH but we still need to figure out they can work together to both dominate games. Garcia had a really promising game, loved his composed kick to find Cody free. Good to see Dale back to his best. Glad we finally tried Richards in the midfield, we definitely have something to work with there, I think he has real potential as an elite midfielder to replace Treloars run in the next few years.

Hopefully we can play similarly next week, need to see this consistently.

Naughton’s kicked 21 goals in the last 6 games without JUH. This isn’t a shot at JUH but we still need to figure out they can work together to both dominate games. Garcia had a really promising game, loved his composed kick to find Cody free. Good to see Dale back to his best. Glad we finally tried Richards in the midfield, we definitely have something to work with there, I think he has real potential as an elite midfielder to replace Treloars run in the next few years.

Hopefully we can play similarly next week, need to see this consistently.
Jamarra's lack of tank means he sits deep and forces Naughton up the ground. That's obviously not an issue when he's not playing, and we saw the result tonight.

I don't think that changes until Jamarra builds a better fitness base.

Dale was super impressive in person, but even better after seeing the numbers he put up. He clearly had Saints putting 0% of attention into him, but he showed his class at every opportunity.

39 disposals at 92% efficiency with 867 metres gained is nothing short of insane.

Then you can add 15 marks, 13 intercepts - game high in all of those except efficiency, can’t really call Butler 3 @ 100% as the sub, so only behind Weightman who was 100% from 9. Plus he had 9 score involvements, only behind Macrae (who I thought was great too).

If that’s not 10 coaches votes this week & then 3 on Brownlow night, I will spew.
The numbers speak for themselves, I may have been a bit down on him for his output this season up until tonight. He was really good

Also Richards with 22 CBA’s, never had one before in 108 games. Looked at home playing the accountable 3rd mid role.

He had 1 CB disposal from those 22 attendances.

Richard’s wasn’t bad tonight, and did some nice things, but I’d put that down to him being a gun player, rather than his ability as a mid, which I believe just isn’t there.

I can see Bevo possibly persisting with it, because he does that sort of stuff, but the team is best served with Richards in the back half.

Naughts night even more amazing when you realise they had Zaine “Clamps” Cordy out there.
As a bulldog immortal Zaine will forever hold a place in my heart, but I honestly didn't notice him out there until I saw his moustache as the Saints broke from their 3 qtr time huddle. I don't know where the moustache went after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back