Rumour Bevo to stand down or be sacked soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are you still frantically editing your post? Get a grip mate.

If you don’t understand why it’s a bad look for a young player from a club that has had a worse 20 years than any other to be seen spreading gossip about another club’s premiership coach then you’re extremely odd. Even your coach and Lloyd understood it.

I clearly said he should be more respectful.

that doesn't change the fact your team is a shit show right now. And what draper said is more probable than not.

You're spending more time whinging about draper, than the fact you just lost to bloody hawthorn.

I clearly said he should be more respectful.

that doesn't change the fact your team is a s**t show right now. And what draper said is more probable than not.

You're spending more time whinging about draper, than the fact you just lost to bloody hawthorn.
Your problem is you want a bet each way, ie “it was disrespectful but he might be right”. Your coach is certainly leaving it at the former.

It might come across a bit less embarrassing if Draper had achieved something, but then again you don’t get many champions of the game commenting on innuendo regarding opposition clubs. Maybe there’s something in that.

And I can complain about my club and still take a moment to point out that a player made himself look like conceited bellend. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Bevo is a good coach who brings out the best in average players. He prides himself in finding rough diamonds. Money ball coach.

Problem with that approach is that your perspective can be warped and start seeing things. It's a bit like a punter who like a value bet - often value only exists in one's head and does not reflect reality.

He sees 'something' in a player or set up and can't deviate from it. Or when he deviates against his intuition, he isn't convinced hence he can't sell it to his team.

I really appreciate coaches like Bevo, innovative and nonconforming. Engrossingly unpredictable is how I describe him. But his time has come. He would be better off somewhere else where he can develop. Freo would be a good set up for him. He can come up with a unique set up to compensate for their subpar forward line whilst waiting for Amiss and others develop.

Your problem is you want a bet each way, ie “it was disrespectful but he might be right”. Your coach is certainly leaving it at the former.

It might come across a bit less embarrassing if Draper had achieved something, but then again you don’t get many champions of the game commenting on innuendo regarding opposition clubs. Maybe there’s something in that.

And I can complain about my club and still take a moment to point out that a player made himself look like conceited bellend. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

You certainly can be disrespectful and correct at the same time.

The only thing that's disrespectful about it is that he is a current player talking about another club. If it was trade radio who said it, we would all go yep, seems about right and not bat an eye lid, but when a current player is doing it, it is off putting which is fair enough.

players talk to each other. that's reality. Draper is probably spot on.

Daniel is as good as gone.
English is as good as gone.
Smith is as good as gone.

a couple more and that's an exodus

I really don't get your link between Essendon's success and what a player says on a podcast. Your team didn't win shit for 60 odd years, I don't recall saying people can't be people because of it?

you need to get a grip for your own sake. proper embarrassing you're having this much of a sook about something that is plainly obvious to everyone bar you.

In reality you should probably thank draper, he is copping all the heat and your shitness is getting overlooked.

Last edited:
Bailey Smith and Draper clearly share the same vision impaired barber….that’s probably where he heard it.

You certainly can be disrespectful and correct at the same time.

The only thing that's disrespectful about it is that he is a current player talking about another club. If it was trade radio who said it, we would all go yep, seems about right and not bat an eye lid, but when a current player is doing it, it is off putting which is fair enough.

players talk to each other. that's reality. Draper is probably spot on.

Daniel is as good as gone.
English is as good as gone.
Smith is as good as gone.

a couple more and that's an exodus

I really don't get your link between Essendon's success and what a player says on a podcast. Your team didn't win s**t for 60 odd years, I don't recall saying people can't be people because of it?

you need to get a grip for your own sake. proper embarrassing you're having this much of a sook about something that is plainly obvious to everyone bar you.

In reality you should probably thank draper, he is copping all the heat and your shitness is getting overlooked.
😂 you’re seriously hysterical about this.

Just own it - your club of all clubs needs to show some humility and your dopey ruckman mouthed off to impress his mates. Even your coach has no trouble accepting it.

And consider hypnotherapy or mindfulness or something.

What's Essendon's lack of team success got to do with Draper on a podcast? I dont think anyone was telling the dogs players to stfu in the media during that 60-odd year gap in your premierships?

You need to log off and have a nap, losing the absolute plot, i get you are frustrated........join the club guy. We all know draper should have been more respectful, but he is very likely to be on the money.

Your team sucks and Bevo is playing gun players in the reserves and as sub like dale and daniel. If you think everything is going ok down, there at Whitten oval you are cooked.

Bailey Smith will be gone.
Caleb Daniel will be gone.
Tim English will be gone.

the only question is who else.

I sure hope so

😂 you’re seriously hysterical about this.

Just own it - your club of all clubs needs to show some humility and your dopey ruckman mouthed off to impress his mates. Even your coach has no trouble accepting it.

And consider hypnotherapy or mindfulness or something.

Scott said it was disrespectful. He didn't say it wasn't true :)

Literally no one on the Dogs’ board is burying their head in the sand.

Do I think Draper actually has credible sources on the topic? Absolutely not.

And his club has done absolutely nothing for over 20 years, and should be keeping their collective heads down to rectify that rather than gossiping about other clubs in public.

Draper is a very popular player in AFL circles, defs connected with at least a few dogs players plus the AFL player rumblings filter out across the competition quickly irrespective of the club impacted.

As for the last part, in my opinion it’s kind of completely irrelevant. If you had written that Draper was playing shit personally and should focus on his footy happy to accept that, but I think it’s ok for players to have a personality and create content that’s engaging for fans.

Not sure if you’ve watched Drapers or the McKay brothers podcasts but they are pretty entertaining. I’d love to see Libba do one, that man is genuinely hilarious but also extremely intelligent and has so many good stories.

i cant shake to notion of him not making top4 and putting a consistent H&A season together. unlike C scott and john longmire. able to make top4 regular and contend for flag... making a GF outside top4 isnt a sustainable method.

and if your looking at teams outside top4 who make PF & GF the next season they fail to make top4

always grateful for the 2016/21 but he just cant put together a consistent season. 22 we shouldn't have made finals realistically, add 23 and 24 its been a car crash.

hinkley is lucky also

7, 10, 13, 7, 7, 5, 8, 9

Ladder position every year under Bevo after the regular season. A coach with the list he has had for the majority of this time, should be doing much better than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And 6th in 2015.

Agree completely.
People seem to rate the dogs list - I’ve ever thought of themas that good- especially after they lost Dunkley.

Bont was probably the best player in the league for damage - but

• they’ve got one genuine key fwd (Naughton), and two classy finishers, UH and Weightman
  • one genuine ruckman,(English)
  • Two top class mids , Bont and Libber
  • Two consistent backmen, Duryea and Jones - Sam Taylor seems patchy as is Sam Darcy.

Lobb, Bailey Smith ,Treloar and Caleb Daniels all promise more than they deliver - now - and most of the others are on learning curves

I’ll probably get shot down…but my view is from an uncaring eye, so only the genuinely talented stand out.

I DO however think with a decent team strategy they’d be much more dangerous.

7, 10, 13, 7, 7, 5, 8, 9

Ladder position every year under Bevo after the regular season. A coach with the list he has had for the majority of this time, should be doing much better than that.
Insane they haven't made the top 4, nor the lack of heat over the years really.

People seem to rate the dogs list - I’ve ever thought of themas that good- especially after they lost Dunkley.

• they’ve got one genuine key fwd (Naughton), and two classy finishers, UH and Weightman
  • Two consistent backmen, Duryea and Jones - Sam Taylor seems patchy as is Sam Darcy.

Lobb, Bailey Smith ,Treloar and Caleb Daniels all promise more than they deliver - now - and most of the others are on learning curves

I’ll probably get shot down…but my view is from an uncaring eye, so only the genuinely talented stand out.

JUH is probably the worst set shot in the league, wouldn't call him a classy finisher.

English isn't a genuine ruckman, if anything he's a really tall midfielder. I'd kill for a decent ruckman who can nulify the influence of the opposing ruckman.

Sam Taylor doesn't play for the dogs. Sam Darcy doesn't play back.

Treloar is delivering exactly what he should be.

You're right however on the last two points, you don't really watch enough to care as evidenced above and with decent strategy we'd be much more dangerous.

Their list is pretty comparable to Geelong/Melbourne/Sydney in regard to the number of guns on each line. All of which have one genuine ruckman, only Geelong has two geunine key forwards, Melb/Syd have at least two class mids, only really down back is there a bit of difference in the amount of quality between Dogs and those three.

Bevo is continually playing players out of position including Macrae who is a gun contested ball winner that he is wasting on a half forward flank.

Their list is pretty comparable to Geelong/Melbourne/Sydney in regard to the number of guns on each line. All of which have one genuine ruckman, only Geelong has two geunine key forwards, Melb/Syd have at least two class mids, only really down back is there a bit of difference in the amount of quality between Dogs and those three.

Bevo is continually playing players out of position including Macrae who is a gun contested ball winner that he is wasting on a half forward flank.
Okay, by ‘genuine ruckman’ I meant able to compete against the 1st ruck of another side - sorry, but I’d put McLean miles ahead of Lobb as a ruck/fwd, as I would Amarty.

The Swans have at least 4 top class mids, Warner, Heeney, Mills, Gulden (Maybe more of a winger), Jordan, Adams and Parker - and you can throw in Papley.

Weightman and Papley are equal as goalsneaks

If you call Naughton = McDonald & UH = Hayward - you’re missing a player who can lead like Amarty or McLean.

My comment was not intended to start a “my team is better than yours”. - its just my genuine feelings about the Dogs list.

Last edited:
JUH is probably the worst set shot in the league, wouldn't call him a classy finisher.

English isn't a genuine ruckman, if anything he's a really tall midfielder. I'd kill for a decent ruckman who can nulify the influence of the opposing ruckman.

Sam Taylor doesn't play for the dogs. Sam Darcy doesn't play back.

Treloar is delivering exactly what he should be.

You're right however on the last two points, you don't really watch enough to care as evidenced above and with decent strategy we'd be much more dangerous.
JUH would be considered to be at least in the class of Hayward.

Well, English IS your 1st ruck…perhaps that’s my point.

* Ack I confused Sam Darcy with Taylor Durea - Sam Darcy is inconsistent as a fwd.
- atm.

Given Treloar’s reputation, I disagree.

Regards your last two points -Sometimes looking at something with a clear lense from 100 metres is better than the naked eye clouded in tears and wishful thinking.

Just had a look at their draw later on in the year. Already 2 wins out of the 8 currently.

RD18 - Carlton
RD19 - Geelong
RD20 - Sydney
RD 21 - Melbourne
RD 22- Adelaide
RD 23- North
RD 24 - GWS

Okay, by ‘genuine ruckman’ I meant able to compete against the 1st ruck of another side - sorry, but I’d put McLean miles ahead of Lobb as a ruck/fwd, as I would Amarty.

The Swans have at least 4 top class mids, Warner, Heeney, Mills, Gulden (Maybe more of a winger), Jordan, Adams and Parker - and you can throw in Papley.

Weightman and Papley are equal as goalsneaks

If you call Naughton = McDonald & UH = Hayward - you’re missing a player who can lead like Amarty or McLean.

My comment was not intended to start a “my team is better than yours”. - its just my genuine feelings about the Dogs list.
Forgot Rowbottom.

Just had a look at their draw later on in the year. Already 2 wins out of the 8 currently.

RD18 - Carlton
RD19 - Geelong
RD20 - Sydney
RD 21 - Melbourne
RD 22- Adelaide
RD 23- North
RD 24 - GWS
Every chance we go 1 win and 6 losses on the run home on current form.

The middle rounds aren't looking all that flash at this stage either unless things turn drastically and fast.

No chance Bevo will last until mid/late season if we are sitting here at round 17 with 7 wins (projected wins) and that run home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back