Opposition Obsession/Hypocrisy thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To save our brave posters as they go forth into the BigFooty community and lose their way in the fight against would be Carlton trolls, feel free to use this thread to report any obsessive behaviour by opposition supporters, and comment without fear of reprisal (naturally, personal abuse, general BF rules need to be taken into account).

For instance, I see that people are still whinging about Carlton supporters whinging over Fev's 99 goal season. I find it amusing that people would start threads to complain about someone else complaining. If you have to go to the trouble to start a thread to complain about other supporter groups, you might be obsessing a little too much.

Post links, name and shame, just keep it clean. If they get antsy, well it is the Carlton board after all .....

No mod stuff though please.

Re: Opposition obsession thread

Can't say I am familiar with his work C4. :confused:

Anyway, many see this for what it is but a few *cough*rose jam*cough* are excelling themselves in terms of Carlton's culture and us setting the benchmark for bagging other teams (personally I did not think our supporters picked on other teams more than any other but there you go).

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488283

Look out Fev, that obsession is growing.

Remember folks, keep it light, keep it insular, keep it safe. Most of all, feel free to bookmark it so we can find the ammunition down the track.

A brief synopsis of the issues people are obsessing over would be good guys.

Here is a brief rundown (or you could refer to the Polls Board and see for yourself):

Hodgepodge and his comparison obsession with Carlton players i.e.

Hodge v Judd
Ellis v Gibbs
Judd v Tambling
Gibbs v Franklin
The mowing down of Gibbs by Ellis
The Judd trade and if it has failed for Carlton

I could go on for days, but these will do for the time being!

wdgann and his obsession with Thornton and wanting to cull young players in the squad who have played less than 10 games of AFL and had less than 2 full pre seasons!

A couple of posts have been deleted. Please don't give us your opinion on any poster's parentage or lack thereof or sexual preference, just details about the obsession.

This is a thread for discussing the issues opposition supporters raise, in a more friendly environment without fear of infraction or where your responses can be recorded and discussed rationally, without being derailed by immature trolling.

If you don't care, don't use it. I know from experience though that you can put forward a response to something, being objective, being articulate, but still cop a plethora of 'are you guys still whinging about this' responses from those who lack the ability to comprehend or who are riding on the coattails of majority opinion.

Perhaps we can open a discussion thread on the Blues board on these topics so that opposition supporters can discuss things rationally without trolling us.

Sigh, again with the deletions. I do NOT want further comment about posters and whether they are liked or have a life or anything like that. Do not push your agendas. This is an easy reference to obsessive anti-Carlton trolling that we can refer to later OR discuss safely in here. You still can't get personal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As London Calling might say, I'm not sure people quite "get" this thread. :)
I'm starting to not get it myself. What was I expecting?

Basically, I want to have a ready reference to throw back in someone's face down the track and also open up the opportunity to put forth an opinion without being shut down by juvenile troll responses that ruin the thread.

ThatsWhatImTalkinAbout is one I have noticed.

Also Merv Neagle is another who is always up for a troll of Carlton on Bay 13.

ThatsWhatImTalkinAbout is one I have noticed.

Also Merv Neagle is another who is always up for a troll of Carlton on Bay 13.

Now that I have the attention of someone in possession of a nuclear warhead, can the status of this clown be clarified?

What on earth are you on about?
He is talking about the general concensus that you are not an Essendon supporter, that you support another club and masquerade as an Essendon supporter a little too obsessed with Carlton.

Either way it does not matter. Dropping subtle hints about not bringing up moderators does not seem to register or starting and participating in threads about individual posters does not seem to be an issue for you.

In short, your worth on the Carlton board for someone who is supposedly an Essendon supporter, is under question.

I think I am firing that warhead about now, so you can either spend more time on your 'own' board or reinvent yourself in your proper guise.

I would feel bad about making such an arbitrary decision if you were a Carlton supporter, but since you aren't .......

Some of the Saint's posters with chips on their shoulders. I'm sure at 80 they'll be in their rocking chair, bashing their walking sticks into the floor still screaming "cheats, cheats, their all cheats" 50 years later. That's the biggest obsession on here surely.

Suppose it's no worse than severely watering, thus muddying grounds when you have little chance of winning. Some of those quagmires at Moorabbin on fine, sunny days were incredible..............cheats....lol !!!!!

atom-bomb.jpg

WTF was that?:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back