Training Reports Includes Updated Training Times

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Training Reports - 2010 Preseason includes Training Time

It was ironic that he left Port Adelaide to get more games and he went from 7 with us to 2 with the tigers :) Tigers have some good midfielders, not sure if he will break his way in?

Had a back injury for much of last pre-season and for some of the season proper, so it took a while for him to get back. I thought he showed some good signs from what I did see though. I'd expect him to play more than half of the games this year.

Quite a few beat their previous best time for the tan apparently?

That's good, now i need to know who's cherry ripe?

Re: Training Friday?

You never know unless it's offically said when & where they're training. Sometimes they go for swims, bike rides ect.

Hay guys.

2009 Training Times

Richmond will hold the following open training sessions during the month of January.

- Tuesday 12 January, 9.30am, Punt Road Oval.
- Tuesday 19 January, 9.30am, Punt Road Oval.
- Tuesday 26 January, 9.30am, Punt Road Oval.

pretty sure the '2009' is just a typo as it's under Season 2010.....but yeah! :)

well training started up again today. i saw punt road was in action this morning. almost everyone was there. was disappointed not to see relton roberts to see what he has to show seeing he has generated a bit of talk. on the plus cotchin was training with the main group and looked unhindered. he also stayed back once the bulk of the team went into the rooms to run repeat like 200m runs with mitch farmer. simmonds and thompson also were doing extra runs whilst collins and browne got some extra one on one work with the various coaches. only foley looked to be on restricted training. the rest of the boys looked very well, so many new faces down there. the drills were done well and there was plenty of talk. martin certainly impressed, gourdis as well. oh and apparently todays session at punt road followed a first up time trial around the tan - won by ranga jackson.

Will Cotchin EVER be right? Can no-one outrun Jacko round the tan? (they should make rthe bunch scuffle it out, push each other over etc so that this isnt just a running excercise - as long as noone gets impaled on the fence!) How was Simmo's pace? what was Tucky up to?

so many questions!!!!

its this sort of thing (training reports) that gets me amped up over the preseason - Ill probably goto the flipping NAB r1 now, after years or regarding the preseason as a novelty akin to show bags, iced frikken donuts and commercials on telly.

You do realise Id be doing something vaguely constructive if it wasnt for having to pour over juicy training reports from you bastiches!

much thanks - cant wait for next weeks!!!
? when do the Burgers start up?

Tuesdays-Training open to public for January

The club said Tuesdays at Punt rd is the day to watch us train in January. Training starts 9:30am. I'll see you there :cool:

Re: Tuesdays-Training open to public for January

Tuesday week ill be their:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be there Tuesday - last week off before the year begins again

That'll be almost exactly a month before nab cup r1 so you'd think they'd be into some reasonably specific game simulation and I'm v interested so see hardwick on the track

Bewdy newk

well training started up again today. i saw punt road was in action this morning. almost everyone was there. was disappointed not to see relton roberts to see what he has to show seeing he has generated a bit of talk. on the plus cotchin was training with the main group and looked unhindered. he also stayed back once the bulk of the team went into the rooms to run repeat like 200m runs with mitch farmer. simmonds and thompson also were doing extra runs whilst collins and browne got some extra one on one work with the various coaches. only foley looked to be on restricted training. the rest of the boys looked very well, so many new faces down there. the drills were done well and there was plenty of talk. martin certainly impressed, gourdis as well. oh and apparently todays session at punt road followed a first up time trial around the tan - won by ranga jackson.

Do you know the times the players did?

MT, this thread will be moved to the Training - Preseason thread soon enough when a Mod comes online i would believe.
If you keep starting threads about training you might be carded.
Just a suggestion eh. :thumbsu:

On my laptop, the richmond site is like totally glitched. It's showing articles from end-of-season 2008. :mad:

Wtf?

it is on every afl site, afl.com.au and every clubs page.

The afl sites are done by Telstra, which explains why they break :)

Got a couple of results from the tan

Jackson 13 flat, Griffiths 15 something (only had been running for a couple of weeks)
Relton Roberts 24 something, had to re do it this morning and he knocked 6 mins off his time. Apparantly had a pretty large gut and was unfit.

Jackson 13 flat, Griffiths 15 something (only had been running for a couple of weeks)
Relton Roberts 24 something, had to re do it this morning and he knocked 6 mins off his time. Apparantly had a pretty large gut and was unfit.

If true then this kid is starting off his career in a poor & unprofessional manner:thumbsdown:. Make him work it off at the Burgs and apologize to his team mates.

If true then this kid is starting off his career in a poor & unprofessional manner:thumbsdown:. Make him work it off at the Burgs and apologize to his team mates.

Roberts had a gut before we drafted him - his main challenge to get to AFL level is to improve his fitness.

24!!! I do 19 in 4k's and the tan is about that!

If that is true, that explains why Richmond can't compete.

Also, if jackson won the tan and did 13's we are behind the rest of the comp by a mile.

WHere did u get this info?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back