Club Legend
Jun 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barca, Victory
I call it BORING footy..

I personally am not looking forward to watching them put all players bar Kosi around throw ins and bounces.

It really is shit isn't it, so boring to watch. All Saints games are dominated by flooding football...
I enjoyed Saints football in round 5. In all seriousness though it's a shame as a football fan with Saint Nick on the side. I enjoy watching him play.

Very boring. Gets results though.

This.

Saints footy doesn't work without their only decent attacking option though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Saints footy is amazing!

Saints footy is boring? Because it is too fast for the oldies...

What's boring about watching 30 seconds of insane defense of goal from a throw in, to then smash it up through the centre and kick a goal?

It's like.. one flog on bigfooty says something, no one really understands what they mean.. so they just agree with them, and set it as a new mantra!

The Saints are only as boring as the team they play against.

If you are saying you don't watch the Saints, because every game they play is boring.. because of the way they play.. You are just admitting that the Saints are the strongest team in AFL. You are admitting that they control every game.

How is Saints footy boring? Please explain it!
It's Bay13 but I'm going to be serious for a little and let the trolls have at it. Saints footy for mine is great. It's bloody hard to score against your mob and if you beat St.Kilda you've earned the win.

Winning Football > Losing Football simple as that. Dont care how it's done.

Tell me how was it knowing your team didn't make the GF last year OP?
And if your answer is that we lost the GF, all there is to be said is that it's better to make it than not.

Winning Football > Losing Football simple as that. Dont care how it's done.

Tell me how was it knowing your team didn't make the GF last year OP?
And if your answer is that we lost the GF, all there is to be said is that it's better to make it than not.

Pretty f***ing heartbroken. Seeing as we clearly deserved to be there.

But:

april3rd-race-thumb.jpg

Saints footy owns at Yetihead. I think Harves is trying to emulate some of their gameplan as we have all of our Melbourne games there this year.
It was fascinating watching us go head to head a couple of weeks ago. It was like watching a final, never more than a point in it at each change. Like one of the Saints posters in this thread described there would be a massive arm wrestle for a few minutes before one team poked a hole through the other team then there would be a lightening transfer from end to end then reset for another arm wrestle.
I found it absolutely gripping.
Having said all that I don't think they translate quite so well outdoors given all the indoor footy they play now.

B2BW summed it up pretty well:

"Saints footy" is all about enjoying and expressing yourself.... it doesn't matter when you win or lose because they rarely win.

It's pretty simple really and the way it has always been throughout their pathetic history.

I mean look at the 80's - The AFL's whipping boys... who spent more time at disco's and clubs than training.... but that's ok because they enjoyed themselves!

Then you had the 90s... when meatheads like Barry Hall and Tony Lockett graced their disgraceful jumper. Footy? God no... just go whack people and enjoy yourself.... we'll luck it out in 97 and make a grand final... but don't worry about winning! We're just proud you made it!

Then you have recent history. 10 wins in a row? Awesome! Lets make a DVD and have a party to celebrate!!!

What about going out and raping women by using a bizarre footballers ritual where you swap semen. Well done Aints!! Long as you had fun!

And what about 2009. Go the entire season nearly unbeaten..... do they need to win a premiership? Hell no! Their supporters are already "proud of their year" :eek: Don't worry about it St Nick! Just go out there and try and take mark of the year at every possible contest in the grand final! It's never been about winning premierships..... just go out there and enjoy yaself champ and if you cost us teammates dropping easy marks and ultimately a premiership don't worry about it!!!

This is St Failure footy :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back