Draft spree!

Sherminator.

Jan 6, 2007
Brisbane must grab midfielders with our first 3 draft choices. First two rounds, best available midfielders, but after the second pick we should be targetting Queenslanders. In order of preference at each pick.

Pick 8- Masten, Ebert, Rioli, Palmer.
Pick 25- Veszpremi, Whitecross, Reid, Browne
Pick 41- Dangerfield, Arrowsmith, Hockey, Simpson ,
Pick 52- Sullivan, Putt, M. Motlop, Polkinghorne
Pick 57- Zorco, Mulligan

Blue represents ruckman, I think the Lions should go for a ruckman with the third pick and onwards, for future's sake

Brisbane must grab midfielders with our first 3 draft choices. First two rounds, best available midfielders, but after the second pick we should be targetting Queenslanders. In order of preference at each pick.

Pick 8- Masten, Ebert, Rioli, Palmer.
Pick 25- Veszpremi, Whitecross, Reid, Browne
Pick 41- Dangerfield, Arrowsmith, Simpson, Hockey
Pick 52- Sullivan, Putt, M. Motlop, Polkinghorne
Pick 57- Zorco, Mulligan

Blue represents ruckman, I think the Lions should go for a ruckman with the third pick and onwards, for future's sake

Can't see Masten, Ebert and Palmer available at our first pick.

Can't see Veszpremi available at 25 either. I reckon 25 will definitely be used on Reid or Whitecross (whoever the club rates more) because I can't see either of them being available at 41.

Hope we get Zorko though!

You aren't interested in Smouha Sherm?

This draft has good depth in ruck stocks. There are many who may be more speculative / late picks, but may be well worth the gamble.

Had we kept Wood I wouldn't have gone for another ruck, especially with Tippett developing on the rookie list. But now a late pick ruckman may be a good get.

You aren't interested in Smouha Sherm?
Yeah Smouha goes alright, but I haven't seen enough of him to make a a point, he is an athlete, but I've been told his skills aren't great. Will be gone before pick 41.

Personally I prefer Dawson Simpson at pick 41 would be my first ruckman choice, plays for Murray Bushrangers, haven't seen much. But he is a very big boy (mate plays school footy with him) and has a good height and tap advantage (he is 206cm!). I have a thing for very tall rucks :D. Wins alot of taps, he wasn't a major ball getter at TAC Cup level, from what I can recall.

Sullivan is my second choice ruck for 41 onwards, though he is a very good chance to go before our pick, I reckon he'd be a great investment. Has the best skills of the three, IMO. Prolific hit out winner, usually has good palcement of the ball, too.

Putt (seend a bit of him) from Calder Cannons, he has good skills for a big boy. He's definetly a project player and will be available at pick 41 onwards, my third choice because he seems more of a longer term project than the rest. Needs work on his tap work.

If we were after local talent then I think a good choice would be Mulligan, from what I have heard he is a big boy (201cm, close to 100kg). Though he'd be the longest term project ruck, can play forward, too. I don't know muc, IIRC he plays for Southport?

This draft has good depth in ruck stocks. There are many who may be more speculative / late picks, but may be well worth the gamble.

Had we kept Wood I wouldn't have gone for another ruck, especially with Tippett developing on the rookie list. But now a late pick ruckman may be a good get.
My point exactly :):thumbsu:, should have mentioned it in the first post, but this is my point. I would be delighted if any of the three above rucks becomes a Lion, and some of the late pick mids (Hockey, Dangerfield) join the Lions, too.

If we were after local talent then I think a good choice would be Mulligan, from what I have heard he is a big boy (201cm, close to 100kg). Though he'd be the longest term project ruck, can play forward, too. I don't know muc, IIRC he plays for Southport?

ddf-adp-butter-home-1.jpg

If he misses a shot at goal, does he automatically get another go?

Geez, if we could draft Mulligan and Putt, the potential for golf metaphors is amazing.

Dennis Commetti will be in heaven.

If channel 7 actually covered 1 of our games that is.

The trade was on par though.

Agreed, if Travis Johnstone can bunker down and do a solid pre-season, he will go a fairway towards giving us some extra class next year, especially if we can iron out a few of his quirks.

We may even beat a few of our bogey teams.

Could try to get the same sponsors as Geelong, then each home round all the player-s could drive to the game in a stable-ford. No Ford sponsorship? Then better pin our hopes on Tee-ing up a deal with a Volkswagen golf?

Brisbane must grab midfielders

Agreed. We need someone who can provide some drive through the middle and maybe even chip in with a few goals.