Frankencow

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Kensington
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
South Yarra
Send a mid-season message. Raph Clarke is my new Matthew Capuano. I came back from the toilets and said to my mates "You would not believe who I saw walking out of the female toilets!" They asked who and I said "Raphael Clarke." Giggles and appreciation for the disrespect shown to Raph. After Capuano, Troy Schwarze became the player I love to hate, but I even didn't mind him before he got the arse. I cannot believe we drafted this dud with such a high pick just because his brother plays with us. On that note, X may be escaping criticism just because Raph is worse. Play Clinton Jones or Mini, they at least have a fair dinkum crack at it. Is Dempster injured? Seriously, my Saints supporting friends and I saw Raph kicking it around in the warmup and hung our heads in disappointment. What we need most now is a scapegoat! Sorry* Raph, you're it.

*May or may not be sorry.

Re: The Delist Raphael Clarke Thread

hey Frank why dont you go to training next week and show Raph and the others how good a player you are. There is no need for you to try to belittle someone. Hes out there trying his best for his club :mad:

hey Frank why dont you go to training next week and show Raph and the others how good a player you are. There is no need for you to try to belittle someone. Hes out there trying his best for his club :mad:
He is ____ing deadshit mate (Frank not Raph :rolleyes:) let him have his fun.

My mistake. They give premierships for how hard you try now. He's simply not good enough. He's lazy, he doesn't just have a 'laconic style.' He's extremely fortunate to get a game in the best 22, and has not improved at all since we got him. I have no idea why he gets played. If you want to point out some positives I'm all ears.

My mistake. They give premierships for how hard you try now. He's simply not good enough. He's lazy, he doesn't just have a 'laconic style.' He's extremely fortunate to get a game in the best 22, and has not improved at all since we got him. I have no idea why he gets played. If you want to point out some positives I'm all ears.

You have got that right frank you sure dont have a clue

You have got that right frank you sure dont have a clue
So I ask for positives about Raph and you instead quote me out of context. I'll assume then that you can't tell me why Raph gets a game, or list any positives from drafting him.

So I ask for positives about Raph and you instead quote me out of context. I'll assume then that you can't tell me why Raph gets a game, or list any positives from drafting him.

Positives for Raph Clarke are that he is a developing backman, has had the benefit of a full preseason, is young and will only get bigger and stronger, is a very well liked member of the team, tonight was given the task of standing the resting rucks for awhile and although undersized aquited himself very well except for one bad disposal in the last quarter. Obviously the coaching staff at StKilda see something in Raph that you dont because HE does keep getting a game. Why dont you have a shot at a couple of others that were well down on form tonight ?
frank you mentioned playing mini....the guy is just getting a game with casey. What makes you think that Dempster would come into our side Frank? To make the comparison between Capuano and Raph Clarke is a fairly stupid thing dont you think Frank? So to sum up Frank i say to you again go down to the club get into your training gear and go out and show Ross and all the team how you would go about it....who knows you may show them a trick or 2;)

The Delist Raphael Clarke Thread

well I tell you what I film,edit and watch more football than all the people on this Big footy thing and Rap Clarke just does not do it for me!

Dud! Get rid of him. When has he ever played a a good 4 qtr game?

Come on you Rap fans answer the question.

Silence.

As for tonight performance its a good wake up for the boys and all supporters.

The big heads have been out on this site and tonight I was rapt that the boys had their pants pulled down.

We were beaten well and truly and had no answers when we needed someone to stand up. That was the biggest concern - we just looked so shell shocked and done!

Hoping it's a one off but its a concern the way we just faded so badly.

Christ I am sick of hearing all this nice stuff on Raph.

Capuano had what was a typical AFL footy career for many players

A good couple of seasons and then faded as a player.

Young Raph has never asserted himself on a match ever.

He is a dude.

That is the fact.

I hope I get proved wrong!

Gotta back frank up here.

Has anyone else noticed how sloooowwww... Raph Clarke is when he gets the ball?

Can someone please explain why blokes like him and Fiora get a game before someone we recruited recently like Charlie Gardiner?

By the way tonights loss reminded me of the Saints of old. Get out to an early lead. Think the jobs done. Relax, sit back and let the other mob take control.

Dont worry tho, if we stick to the "Saints of old" form, we'll beat the cats next week....

Then lose the next 12...

So frustrating tonight but had to vent the spleen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For god sake the boys just a had a bad fade out.

It won't happen again one would think ( i hope)

Everyone have been complete tossas on this thread talking up the boys for weeks.

I am glad we lost as its a big kick up the arse for everyone at the right time of the year!

Send Raph back to the VFL for 6 weeks.

Raph has plenty of potential to improve but he has more potential to ____ up...never seen one solid game from him...never...obviously he has done a couple of alrite things but never a full game where you can look back and say " Raph Clarke played really well tonight"
Sorry but he's not worth it!

first of all let me state that my missus is one of those mad st-kilda types and i go to/watch most matches with her, so i see them just as much as anyone else on this board.

Raf is a dud, as a backman he get pushed out of the contest too easily, he has no second effort, and when he get the ball he runs around then looks to handball putting his team mates under pressure. he may have all the skills in the world but i have never seen him bring it on games day and i dont think he is up to it.

On behalf of my Saints hubby:......Get rid of him...every time he goes near the ball, hubbies blood pressure soars!!!.... its "this could go anywhere" or "this will be a stuff up".........I personally think both he and X are cute as!...

On behalf of my Saints hubby:......Get rid of him...every time he goes near the ball, hubbies blood pressure soars!!!.... its "this could go anywhere" or "this will be a stuff up".........I personally think both he and X are cute as!...

my wife does that too. crazy st-kilda types.

But i dont thinks the clarke bros are cute.... i more of a g-train man.

While I wouldn't go as far as calling him a dud, he is probably the first person that i will drop given that players such as maguire, jones, armitage are waiting in the wings

at least we found out he isnt slow. He didn't outrun that guy in the wing, but the guy couldnt catch up, and raph had the footy.

yeah he ran a fair way then s**t himself handballed to someone under pressure and the ball was turned over. replay that 5 time a games and thats raf.

holy sh!t

Raph was a long way from the worst on the ground last night. He got more possies than a lot of the "superstar" mids who totally went missing. In fact he got more or equal possies than 14 other guys.

He didn't get torched by anyone, made very few (0) errors according to the stats i can see.

Yet we see trash like this.

Where's the "our midfield went missing" thread or the "the coach has no idea thread"

seriously some of you need to watch the game, rather than irrational hatred of a player who actually was pretty good.:thumbsdown:

Pretty good my left foot, was useless. Glad plenty jumped on here since last night and agreed. Re: Mini, I agree he's not up to it, but I'd way rather him than Raph because you can't question that he at least has a good crack at it. Raph didn't look interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back