North Ballarat North Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if this has already been posted but found this on TAE (The Animal Enclosure)

NorthMelbourneRoosters11.gif

That picture was on the North Ballarat news letter saying that this will be North Ballarats jumper next season. May this mean Ballarat are trying to con Kangas to play in Ballarat or maybe move? - JRR

I like it:thumbsu:

I like it, too. As I watched 'our' game against Casey last week I thought:

1. NB's jumper is not much chop - one of those busy new style jumpers with loads of colour (Black, white and red?)

2. It would be good for the alliance if some of our colours were on display.

The one that they wore a couple of weeks ago i think with all the colors made me feel ill .......... A real "KEN DONE NIGHTMARE"

The one that they wore a couple of weeks ago i think with all the colors made me feel ill .......... A real "KEN DONE NIGHTMARE"

That would be the City of Ballarat sponsorship jumper that they wear only a couple of times a year.

I like it, too. As I watched 'our' game against Casey last week I thought:

NB's jumper is not much chop - one of those busy new style jumpers with loads of colour (Black, white and red?)

You are referring to a different jumper again - that's NB's away strip. The home strip is quite a classical design - black with a white yolk in the style of Melbourne. If they changed the black to dark blue, it would match one of our early 20th century jumpers.

But I think the blue and white stripes is a good initiative and no doubt more good work from Roogene in conjunction with the NB admin.:thumbsu:

Not sure why they don't just use the Blue & White stripes as their away/clash jumper instead of scrapping their current home one.

Better this than what Essendon and Richmond have done to their affiliates.

pfft, Bendigo is only a few years old so there never was much history for the Bombers to spoil. but what Richmond have done to Coburg is deplorable, and what we're doing here is almost as bad.

The best thing the AFL can do is bring back an eastern seabaord reserves comp, and let the VFA be restored back to its former glory.

pfft, Bendigo is only a few years old so there never was much history for the Bombers to spoil. but what Richmond have done to Coburg is deplorable, and what we're doing here is almost as bad.

The best thing the AFL can do is bring back an eastern seabaord reserves comp, and let the VFA be restored back to its former glory.

I think this league should most certainly be called the VFA regardless of whether there is a reserves competition. As for comparisons with Richmond, they are way worse than us. The Tigers is a ridiculous name for a team playing in red and blue. I expect that the Roosters black and white jumper will still be used and that this striped jumper will most likely replace their mostly white away strip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with the chucks on most points, especially that we're bastardising the NB jumper when our non bastardisation of other clubs is one of the things I like.

BUT, VFA without AFL affiliations and the odd AFL stand alone would die in the arse.

The Tigers is a ridiculous name for a team playing in red and blue. I expect that the Roosters black and white jumper will still be used and that this striped jumper will most likely replace their mostly white away strip.

And making the Roosters play in Blue and White is not ridiculous???

BUT, VFA without AFL affiliations and the odd AFL stand alone would die in the arse.

I wont make make a long post on my views of the VFA.

But people said North would die in the arse if we stopped selling our home games interstate.

At some point you have to realise that compromising your identity for a quick buck, such as what some VFA clubs have done , actually ends up hurting you more in the long run.

The VFA has always been a competiton for the best suburban clubs. Those clubs mightn't be Coburg or Preston anymore, but those clubs still exist. And I don't see why some clubs like Noble Park and Bulleen couldn't join with some of the VFA powerhouses like Port Melbourne or Sandringham and form a strong independent super competiton, free from AFL influence.

I think you would find such a league would flourish.

I do like that jumper, but I agree with the points made about bastardising jumpers of traditional clubs. Perhaps it can be used as an 'away' jumper? That way the locals get to see the traditional jumper when played in Ballarat, whilst the Roosters' games played in Melbourne (where a large % of North fans will be in attendance) will be pleased with this new jumper.

I do like that jumper, but I agree with the points made about bastardising jumpers of traditional clubs. Perhaps it can be used as an 'away' jumper? That way the locals get to see the traditional jumper when played in Ballarat, whilst the Roosters' games played in Melbourne (where a large % of North fans will be in attendance) will be pleased with this new jumper.

Well said, yotr. That's how I feel too.

I think this league should most certainly be called the VFA regardless of whether there is a reserves competition. As for comparisons with Richmond, they are way worse than us. The Tigers is a ridiculous name for a team playing in red and blue. I expect that the Roosters black and white jumper will still be used and that this striped jumper will most likely replace their mostly white away strip.

You could say the same about us.
Have you ever seen a Blue and White kangaroo hopping around?:D

But people said North would die in the arse if we stopped selling our home games interstate.

At some point you have to realise that compromising your identity for a quick buck, such as what some VFA clubs have done , actually ends up hurting you more in the long run.

The VFA has always been a competiton for the best suburban clubs. Those clubs mightn't be Coburg or Preston anymore, but those clubs still exist. And I don't see why some clubs like Noble Park and Bulleen couldn't join with some of the VFA powerhouses like Port Melbourne or Sandringham and form a strong independent super competiton, free from AFL influence.

No one is going to come and watch Phil Clearly flog himself over the grave of the Coburg Football Club.

Noble Park applied to join the VFA at the same time as Springvale but they were overlooked. Back then, Dandenong still had a team and there was no way the three neighbouring suburbs could be part of the comp. Interesting that Dandenong went broke (twice), and Springvale had to move to Casey.

As for an independent Victorian competition free from AFL influence, I would like to believe that possible, I really would. However the AFL egos would do everything within their power to destroy such an endeavour. Maybe that's what it needs to succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back