AFL Club
North Melbourne
Name: Viv Michie
Height: 185cm
Weight: 77kg
DOB: 23rd February 1992
Position: Midfielder
Club: Oakleigh Chargers
TAC Cup Statistics: http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Vivian%20Michie&action=PSTATS&pID=189744841&client=1-3020-0-102897-8060347
Video Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88OsFidOtDY
Achievements:
2010 Vic Metro Team
2010 Draft Camp Invite

vivmichie.jpg

Michie’s date of birth put him in contention to be pre selected by the GC17 as a 17 year-old. He is quick and well balanced outside midfielder. In season 2009 for Oakleigh in the TAC Cup he missed 8 weeks after puncturing his lung in Round 1, but he played eight matches for the season to average 16 disposals including 12 kicks per game, booting 4 goals in total. AFL Prospectus

Well rounded player who is dangerous as a forward and can play midfield or back. Excellent kick and reads game extremely well. Represented VIC-Metro in the 2010 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 16 disposals and two goals. Kevin Sheehan

In his own words

What type of player are you?
I am a medium-sized player who plays in the midfield but can also push to a half-forward flank or half-back flank. I have pretty good skills and can mark overhead, and can kick goals.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Nick Dal Santo. He is a good decision-maker who is able to find space for himself and has very good skills.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My kicking is probably my main strength along with being able to mark overhead. I also think I am reasonably versatile, being able to play inside and outside in the midfield as well as pushing forward or back.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
My main focus is to improve the defensive side of my game, chasing and tackling as a forward and mid. Also my endurance, so I can spend longer periods in the midfield and run more effectively both ways.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
St Kilda. My dad is a hardcore fan and grew up in the St Kilda area. My whole family are huge Saints supporters.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?

My family, in particular my dad who has always been extremely encouraging and supportive of me, driving me to training, games and functions.

Anyone got any thoughts on this kid being drafted?.....he was great for Vic Mets.....

He had a decent Carnival, especially in the earlier games, but he didn't have much impact in his final outing. That could hurt him, as it was the one everyone saw. He seemed to lack a little intesity yesterday and couldn't find space like he usually does.
His next opportunity will be the TAC finals, and he needs to perform. It is a cliche, but you are only as good as your last performance.

I've got him around that mark Axel, but from the mid 2nd, yoou're really getting into the thick of things this year, I mean that's into the 30's.

I like him. Top shelf pace when at full flight. Good endurance, lovely effort. Just needs to put on some weight, polish his decision making, clean the skills a little and you've got a nice player.

Unfortunately he found himself with a run with roll during the carnival.

Looks luconic at times, but puts in so I don't think it's a lazy issue.

I'm not entirely convinced at that description Wall-e, I've seen this guy a hell of a lot and I see him as more of a classy player with silky skills and nice decision making. Almost glides when he runs. Certainly is quite quick and agile, but never seen him as a guy with a massive tank. And you're right about how he looks laconic at times. More of an outside player I reckon. Great overhead.

Although having said this I've seen him at a level where the guys around him aren't as good so his skills would stand out. Only saw bits of his last metro game where he didn't do much unfortunately so couldnt gauge from that.

Yeah, I've seen him only a few times with the chargers, but most times with Metro.

Definately does glide and is very smooth. He could lift his intensity a bit more, but there's a bit to like.

Yeah, I've seen him only a few times with the chargers, but most times with Metro.

Definately does glide and is very smooth. He could lift his intensity a bit more, but there's a bit to like.

A fantastic solo performance aginst Northern earlier in the year but I have real question marks over his work rate. If he has great endurence but his work rate is lacking could it be that he is lazy?

I doubt his leadership abilites also, too many times when his team has been tested he goes missing.....i'll pass on him thanks.

He does some things that remind me of Ryan Houlihan: better in the air than Ryan was back then, but the same laconic appearance that used to really irritate me.
I'd be very surprised if he was still available at the end of round 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back