Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke is knackered trying to run through the banner. Has nearly 200 games of experience and still trails his opponents a la Jack Mahony. His 1st 2 kicks yesterday were a little dolly up to Hardeman iirc, that did him absolutely no favours, followed up by an oof 30 seconds later. Has become a dire footballer .... even more infuriating than his dad, imo. Imo.
Please don’t bring Mahony into this.

The guy played with heart and spirit. We would be a better team with Mahony in it right now, as sad as that is to admit.

Not at all. Initially I was thinking how the move could help just Luke, and I guess by extensiom the club a little. Its good if the Cap't gets to promote what they're all about. But now my silly eyes are wide. Luke might look a little bad in the eye of public plebs, but he wont mind he bleeds blue and white and the kpi is high. This could be good for the list. I'm imagining the reviews in front of the little screens, and the line coaches rubbing their hands together at all the footage. Even better for us punters, can we all get a litle excited about the length of Rick's awesome breakdowns. It's not about wins atm, its itterations. Luke is the cap't we need. Chuck him in there its got my vote.

Geez mate, if I had a ticket to one of your shows, I'd bring a baby just so you kicked me out.

Leigh Matthews on ch9 this evening - you have to persevere with Luke McDonald. Cannot replace him with another kid so to speak.

Interesting clip on Bolton as well saying during his time at Carlton they cut far too deep and it’s football suicide.

1 win from last 28 games.

It’s not us that are a bunch of campaigners

It’s the players
I mean, its not a one or the other equation.

Because there are pages and pages of campaigner like things ranging from mild to absolutely unhinged s**t on every single thread in this place. Sort of things people express with anonimity that they would actually stutter around at best if attempted to spout in person. And even if there were a lack of stuttering, would only reinforce the level of campaigner that poster actually is.

People feel emotion and they express it, but it's still their emotion. And if they express it like a campaigner, they'e gunna be called a campaigner.

It will never happen but I agree with some posters, in his prime form, he was great at shutting down small forwards etc

Put him in the middle, get him to go to a high disposal midfielder that usually dominates us, and get Lmac to harrass and pester. This will give him a huge purpose and have way more impact with less disposals needed.

He needs to be tried somewhere else if we ain't gonna drop him

Won't happen however l would like him to relinquish the captaincy and offer to play in the vfl giving another younger player a chance ...If l had a cnoice between him and Stephens atm l would definately pick Luke..
Sadly somebody who shall remain nameless (BR) has signed his to a long term retirement plan ala 2026.
I more than happy to pay him till then as captain of the VFL only

Please don’t bring Mahony into this.

The guy played with heart and spirit. We would be a better team with Mahony in it right now, as sad as that is to admit.
No we wouldn't, no knock on mahony but his skillset all be it limited is duplicated by the mirriad of flankers we have, if he was a seasoned midfielder for example like caleb daniels or a natural defender possibly you may have a point but he isnt and has actually declined at suns since they took a punt on him.

Mahony is unfairly criticized through no fault of his own simply due to how high he was taken. If he was a speculative pick like spicer or narrier nobody would even mention him being delisted.

Luke apparently loves the club. The single greatest thing he do for the club, if he loves it so much is on Monday, call a press conference and due to "his body" he is retiring from the game immediately. Thus opening up another list spot.
LOL won’t be happening he will keep playing as he will need every $$$$ to fund his greatest love the super box that he has with his father plus his father would be telling him keep playing all is well you won’t be dropped and your loved by the players as their want you as Captain.

We all know he's getting a game by default atm and Clarko is unlikely to drop him. Why not try him as a defensive forward and see what happens? Give him a set role on the opposition's main distributor. Rebound is killing us so it may help address that while freeing up his spot for Bergman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back