Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward pressure was fantastic to see as was his second and third efforts if he made a mistake. Didn’t drop his head

He’s a talented player that is under delivering.

He plays qrts and halves and sometimes not at all. I’m not having a go at his endeavour. I’m saying his impact is low. Kind of like Curtis but Curtis big impacts are better. And he’s younger.

I’m not sure sleevo will ever produce the consistent high impact footy we all think he should be able to produce. He’s just turned 25. In theory his best footy should be ahead of him. Just don’t think it will improve much.

He’s now got lots of competition.

I hope im wrong because his best is match winning.

He plays qrts and halves and sometimes not at all. I’m not having a go at his endeavour. I’m saying his impact is low. Kind of like Curtis but Curtis big impacts are better. And he’s younger.

I’m not sure sleevo will ever produce the consistent high impact footy we all think he should be able to produce. He’s just turned 25. In theory his best footy should be ahead of him. Just don’t think it will improve much.

Guarantee you he looks better in a better team. We're not really at the stage of writing off anyone with obvious talent on the list, because the stage we're at means only a few shine, whilst the rest go through peaks and troughs as we try to establish consistency from week to week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every player in the forward line will live and die on the supply given, and the supply has not been awesome at the Roos for some years now.

When supply is low and you're probably the 3rd or 4th target inside 50 then your opportunities are extremely limited.

Our expectations for him are too low.

Yes, he was good when the ball was around but he only got it 10 times.

Need more from him in my opinion.

He's a small forward who kicked two goals, and had a few other score involvements through good disposal and great forward pressure.

He absolutely did his job yesterday, and will be in roughly the top 7~ of the coaches votes for the Syd Barker.

We have Duursma, Steevo, Ford and Curtis all playing a similar HFF / small forward role.

All of them make an impact when the ball is in the vicinity but it is not sustainable to have them touching it only 10 times each.

Steevo is the most experienced, we should be expecting 15-20 possessions from him. He was taken two picks after LDU.

We have Duursma, Steevo, Ford and Curtis all playing a similar HFF / small forward role.

All of them make an impact when the ball is in the vicinity but it is not sustainable to have them touching it only 10 times each.

Steevo is the most experienced, we should be expecting 15-20 possessions from him. He was taken two picks after LDU.
I think it’s a real issue and the lack of genuine small, speedy pressure forward is a genuine worry.

We are carrying a bunch of players in the forward half who have very little impact to keep the ball in the forward 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back