2014 Olympic Tournament

Remove this Banner Ad

Oooooo Canada!!
Fantastic performance by our boys there today!!!!

My pre-tournament medal predictions are looking pretty good. Said Canada would get Gold, Sweden with Silver and USA with Bronze.

Screenshot-22-02-2014-6-47-am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's played in Bursts and is still poor defensively. I don't see how this disproves anything.

There has been no evidence of that wearing a red and white jersey (and I'd question it in green as well). You can see why he was picked from yesterday's game, one of the best players on the ice.

BC boy scores the goal (Benn), BC boy gets the shutout (Price)

Go the BC boys! :thumbsu:

#LAKings2012

Stellar goaltending is part of a good D

Only slight criticism for Quick today was he was too far out for the goal but that's his style, otherwise he was excellent, big saves on Kunitz (2) and Benn, could have been 3-0 or 4-0, he was easily their best player.
Price near on perfect, soaked in almost every shot, rebound control excellent, calm under pressure in a couple of goal mouth scrambles. Has kept many doubters quiet...

Stellar goaltending is part of a good D

Only slight criticism for Quick today was he was too far out for the goal but that's his style, otherwise he was excellent, big saves on Kunitz (2) and Benn, could have been 3-0 or 4-0, he was easily their best player.
Price near on perfect, soaked in almost every shot, rebound control excellent, calm under pressure in a couple of goal mouth scrambles. Has kept many doubters quiet...

The goal that went in, really, he couldn't do too much about that.

The goal that went in, really, he couldn't do too much about that.

There's an argument that if he was further back in his crease (like a Price or Luongo) he could get a foot on it but he plays a more aggressive game and sets up further out from the crease than most goaltenders (much like Thomas). Not a criticism, just an observation, that's the way he plays, for Quick the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages of playing that style.

USA's worst line on the ice at the time - Callahan, Brown and Backes.

They had a bit of competition in that department.

I thought Stastny caused a few problems but just noticed he only played 9 minutes centering the 4th line, they should have increased his ice time as the game went on. Bylsma took far too long to get Wheeler on the ice, good speed and size, might have been able to do something with fresh legs when no one else looked like doing anything.

Hamhuis and St. Louis had the best seats in the house yesterday, no ice time except to congratulate Price after 60 minutes.
Hamhuis has played only eight more minutes than Subban yet has suited up four games compared to Subban's one game. Babcock should make the change to Subban, if only for Subban on the point for the power play but he probably won't.

They had a bit of competition in that department.

I thought Stastny caused a few problems but just noticed he only played 9 minutes centering the 4th line, Bylsma took far too long to get Wheeler on the ice, good speed and size, might have been able to do something with fresh legs when no one else looked like doing anything.

Hamhuis and St. Louis had the best seats in the house yesterday, no ice time except to congratulate Price after 60 minutes.
Hamhuis has played only eight more minutes than Subban yet has suited up four games compared to Subban's one game. Babcock should make the change to Subban, if only for Subban on the point for the power play but he probably won't.
Wheeler played just a minute. Weird coaching by Bylsma, not sure he'll get the USA job after that one, at least in Vancouver the USA looked more competitive.

I think the major difference in the teams was the d-men.

Canada mainly very strong and virtually error free.

Orpick looked out of his depth, that was a bad selection. If you're chasing a game you'd much rather have Yandle handling the puck instead of Orpick making the safe play up the boards whenever he got hold of the puck in his own zone, the alternative to Yandle in Fowler didn't look up to it, probably next time.

Thought Suter would be better. McDonagh ok apart from a couple of bad turnovers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back