2016 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

Kool band kname.

Weird dudes - particularly Devon Welsh. This and their album last year were both pretty great though.

"Curve Of The Earth" by Mystery Jets was in the new releases on Spotify, and I decided to give it a listen. Very, very decent album. Would give it a 7-8/10. Definitely worth giving a listen.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Limitless by Tonight Alive. I think it comes out some time in March. I saw them last night at the Hi Fi (or whatever it's called now), and they absolutely smashed it. The new songs are a little more pop these days, but their latest release is back to being a bit more punky.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Limitless by Tonight Alive. I think it comes out some time in March. I saw them last night at the Hi Fi (or whatever it's called now), and they absolutely smashed it. The new songs are a little more pop these days, but their latest release is back to being a bit more punky.

Seen them at Unify over the weekend and they were fantastic. They are so close to turning into a global powerhouse (despite being really popular in the UK and Europe already) and this could be the album that sees them take the next step. They own the stage with the presence of a much more experienced band.

https://soundclou d.com/kanyewest/nomorepartiesinla

Bloody hell. I'm so scared this album is going to disappoint me, but it's so hard not to be completely hyped.

whoa-300x223.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the Drive-In will be back with a world tour (US and europe so far, anyway) and a new album. Which I'm a little wary about, because I wasn't a huge mars volta fan and antemasque were mediocre. But maybe getting back with Jim Ward will get everything rolling. Will be keeping an eye on that one.

NOFX currently in the studio, Frenzal Rhomb should also be recording new stuff once Gordy's arm heals properly, so my old favourites are doing a few things.

Rostam Batmanglij announced over night that he's leaving Vampire Weekend to focus on solo work and production. He said that he'll continue to collaborate with Ezra for VW and other projects, but will be interesting to see how much it affects VW's sound

Rostam Batmanglij announced over night that he's leaving Vampire Weekend to focus on solo work and production. He said that he'll continue to collaborate with Ezra for VW and other projects, but will be interesting to see how much it affects VW's sound

That's huge, maybe not so much for the next album but the one after.

New LUH - Ellery James Roberts (Wu Lyf) - dropped. Album coming this year it seems.

I'm really starting to think that Kanye's album isn't going to be that good. I was underwhelmed by No More Parties, Real Friends is OK but nothing special and at this point it seems like the album is a bit of an afterthought for him.

I hope I'm wrong but yeah, expectations aren't too high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back