2024 AFLTM Team of the Week & Rising Star Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

I will endeavour to post a team of the week as well as a Rising Star nomination in each round of 2024 AFLTM competition. The Team of the Week is based on the same criteria as the All Australian team I construct in the off-season. In short, I will pick each player in position based on their score for the week. Positions are based from the AFL Fantasy positions each player is eligible for with at least 2 key defenders and 2 key forwards and 1 ruck selected each week.

The interchange will consist of the next best defender, midfielder, forward and ruck each. The captaincy and vice captaincy for the week will be awarded to the players who score the highest and second highest scores for the week respectively. I will select players in the team of the week irrespective of whether or not they were picked to play by their AFLTM coach. A coach of the week will also be awarded to the coach of the team who scored the highest for the week.

The Rising Star nomination will be awarded to the highest scoring player for the week who was 21 years or younger at the beginning of the year and had played less than 10 games at the start of the season. If a player has been nominated in the season previously they are ineligible to be nominated in that season again.

AFLTM Round 1 Team of The Week
B: Andrew McGrath (Adel) - Luke Ryan (Geel) - Harris Andrews (Adel)
HB: Nick Daicos (Dar) - Steven May (Har) - Harry Sheezel (Dar)
C: Noah Anderson (Geel) - Josh Dunkley (Bal) - Zachary Merrett (Melb)
HF: Jack Billings (WV) - Joe Daniher (Adel) - Archie Perkins (Gip)
F: Isaac Heeney (WV) - Jesse Hogan (Melb) - Sam Flanders (Bal)
R: Max Gawn (Gip) - Caleb Serong (Geel) (c) - Tom Green (Bal) (vc)
INT: Noah Balta (Bal) - Christian Petracca (NR) - Harry McKay (Dar) - Tristan Xerri (WA)
Coach: GeeCat (Geel)

Players by Team
Adelaide: 3 (Andrew McGrath, Harris Andrews, Joe Daniher)
Ballarat: 4 (Josh Dunkley, Sam Flanders, Tom Green, Noah Balta)
Cooby: 0
Darwin: 3 (Nick Daicos, Harry Sheezel, Harry McKay)
Geelong: 3 (Luke Ryan, Noah Anderson, Caleb Serong)
Gippsland: 2 (Archie Perkins, Max Gawn)
Glenorchy: 0
Gold Coast: 0
Harbour City: 1 (Steven May)
Melbourne: 2 (Zachary Merrett, Jesse Hogan)
North Adelaide: 0
Northern Reds: 1 (Christian Petracca)
St Kilda: 0
West Adelaide: 1 (Tristan Xerri)
West Coast: 0
Western Vultures: 2 (Jack Billings, Isaac Heeney)

Rising Star Nomination: Colby McKercher (Coob) - 94 points
Round 1: Colby McKercher (Coob)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back