Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end 🍷

Remove this Banner Ad

Let him go to Freo and have a shot at success in the 3 odd years of prime footy he has left. We have no chance of onfield success in the next 3 years, we might as well take the high compensation from the league and look to the future.

Let him go to Freo and have a shot at success in the 3 odd years of prime footy he has left. We have no chance of onfield success in the next 3 years, we might as well take the high compensation from the league and look to the future.

Yeah nah..most Don supporters desperately want him to stay you'd think.

If he wants to leave then that will be it. If he wants to stay it's happy days and happy trails ahead.

Either way the club wins.

Guys, I know it's topical but can I please, please remind you all that we have a trade/draft thread?

I mean, it's not even March yet. Rather not see this thread go the way of Carlisle's or Ryder's or Crameri's just yet.

Guys, I know it's topical but can I please, please remind you all that we have a trade/draft thread?

I mean, it's not even March yet. Rather not see this thread go the way of Carlisle's or Ryder's or Crameri's just yet.
What else are we going to talk about in regards to Hooker this year exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What else are we going to talk about in regards to Hooker this year exactly?
Yes and where do you draw the line?

There are also 11 other players (and that's just counting the suspended ones) who might be in the same category. The Crameri, Carlisle, and Ryder threads in past years became complete messes- page upon page of stuff that became progressively more off topic with every post. Sometimes to the point where their names would barely be mentioned on an entire page of 25 posts.

We're not having that again. We have a perfectly good trade/draft thread. The exact approach we take is still being nutted out but it is still February, any players moves won't be happening before September/October and we're not going to have six or seven months of player threads lurching progressively more off topic.

Yeah nah..most Don supporters desperately want him to stay you'd think.
Are you suggesting I'm not an Essendon supporter?
Do "most Don Supporters want him to stay" so that we (;)) can enjoy his twilight years trotting around in a bottom 6 side? Will Hooker play in our next premiership side? I'd suggest not, so why not look to the future and let him move in if he so wishes.

Do "most Don Supporters want him to stay" so that we (;)) can enjoy his twilight years trotting around in a bottom 6 side? Will Hooker play in our next premiership side? I'd suggest not, so why not look to the future and let him move in if he so wishes.
And if he wants to stay? Tell him we're not offering a new contract? Or not a contract more than $x?

Now take it easy...all I'm saying is that he is an extremely valuable player and we should pay him the very top rate we can afford.

With this little vacation time giving his body a rest, Hooker will still be going strong at 33.

Hurley a close 2nd, Hibberd a close 3rd in how important they are to our side.

I'd be happy if one of them stayed- two would be better..all three back would be a great day at the EFC.

Tim Gossage just then on 10 news perth said Freo have offered him a 5 year deal.

Is this old news or breaking news as Gossarse proclaimed.

Medium forwards, mids, rucks and half back flankers are a dime a dozen. Easy to trade and pick if you need one.

But key position monster backman who know what they're doing are hard to pinch from another club.

Show him the money. He doesn't want to come back to boring old Perth. He's a Melbourne lad now.

hopefully..

Medium forwards, mids, rucks and half back flankers are a dime a dozen. Easy to trade and pick if you need one.

But key position monster backman who know what they're doing are hard to pinch from another club.

Show him the money. He doesn't want to come back to boring old Perth. He's a Melbourne lad now.

hopefully..

Let him go, take the high draft pick and continue the rebuild. The old-fashioned "win-win".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back