Past Tom Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

What is a Blues fans honest appraisal of Tom Bell? All I've heard is his disposal and decision making is often lacking but aside from that he is pretty good??
I rate him higher than Aish, and I rate him as being worth a second round pick in this draft. Pony up the pick. :p

He does need to work on his decision making with the football, but he has a nose for goal and if you kick it near him, the ball is unlikely to leave his area unless it's on his terms.

Athleticism is wonderful for his dimensions.

I rate him higher than Aish, and I rate him as being worth a second round pick in this draft. Pony up the pick. :p

He does need to work on his decision making with the football, but he has a nose for goal and the ball is unlikely to leave his area unless it's on his terms if you kick it near him.

Athleticism is wonderful for his dimensions.

I am happy to give up a second rounder for him from the limited footy of him that I have seen. Aish IMO is worth more if only for his draft position and also Redden probably a touch more as well. Hard luck for you guys that he wants to leave but I hear it is only because his old man is crook?

I am happy to give up a second rounder for him from the limited footy of him that I have seen. Aish IMO is worth more if only for his draft position and also Redden probably a touch more as well. Hard luck for you guys that he wants to leave but I hear it is only because his old man is crook?
That's the story.

I think Aish is overvalued currently so would avoid, but I agree that Redden and Mayes would be worth more than Bell.

What is a Blues fans honest appraisal of Tom Bell? All I've heard is his disposal and decision making is often lacking but aside from that he is pretty good??

All that's lacking is composure. He can develop that he'll be a gun.

Actually made good strides this year, so signs point to further gains.

That's the story.

I think Aish is overvalued currently so would avoid, but I agree that Redden and Mayes would be worth more than Bell.

Apparently he is a family friend of Leppa as well which is why he would be nominating us. Much easier to get a game in our side as well. Hopefully we can give you a second round pick and all is good.

Apparently he is a family friend of Leppa as well which is why he would be nominating us. Much easier to get a game in our side as well. Hopefully we can give you a second round pick and all is good.

The problem is you'll need your second rounder for Academy selections. A deal involving West Coast and Redden might need to happen but that would be a pain in the arm.

The problem is you'll need your second rounder for Academy selections. A deal involving West Coast and Redden might need to happen but that would be a pain in the arm.

Yeah it will make it hard but we should be able to make it happen I think.

So Swann thinks Bell is a done deal, this will hurt us far more than Yarran leaving.

Our fourth best player this year.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing how much Bell improved this year, if he improved at the same rate next season he would be a top tier mid. He's strong, quick and finds the goals. Obviously needs to work a little on his decision making, but tbh I thought that was more his issue in 2014, this season he made big strides in improving in that regard.

Will be sad to see Bell go, hopefully we can turn this into a positive for us.

OK FYI Blues, this poster was on their board an hour earlier "Redden for Bell guys. Done deal".
Probably the best outcome we could get if Tommy coming home to Qld.

OK FYI Blues, this poster was on their board an hour earlier "Redden for Bell guys. Done deal".
Redden? Wasn't supposedly heading over to WA? Plus he is a big improvement on Bell. I would rename my 7 year old son Sos if our list manager could get that over the line.

Sorry I was taking the kids at that being a deal. Reddo is clearly going to a West Coast or Crows I would think.

He had a very good year.

has been Real game breaker in the past too.

I don't want to see Bell go, he's been a much improved player. Dont know if he warranted finishing fourth in the B&F but he's definitely been our best half dozen or so this season.

But. If we are going to let go of some of our more talented players, now is the time. It might seem counter productive to be losing a player that has improved a lot and has potentially further upside in his game, particularly in a team that is lacking in talent but I'd rather him go now than in three years time when we've actually got a decent list.

At the very least it gives Bolton a clean slate to bring in who he wants and start a fresh. If your going to do a full rebuild trading out Bell won't hurt in the long term you'd hope.

Wouldn't say no to Redden but he doesn't exactly help the pace situation. I suppose he'd be handy to replace a bull like Bell but he'd want to be able to perform well as a support act to a genuine power mid like Cripps and not be a liability.

Wouldn't say no to Redden but he doesn't exactly help the pace situation. I suppose he'd be handy to replace a bull like Bell but he'd want to be able to perform well as a support act to a genuine power mid like Cripps and not be a liability.
Jack Redden is - when not injured - a top end inside mid. We don't have enough of those - especially with Judd and Carrots gone. Would love him at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back