Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah his game a few weeks back was off the charts, but watching yesterday he is still extremely raw. He might struggle with good AFL level defenders, but he has some real weapons if developed properly.

Someone mentioned they had spoken to him and he himself said he wasn’t ready, so seems like a year at VFL level is most likely. Maybe a late season call up?
Those hands are a bankable asset. Just need the rest of it to catch up. But that one trait alone gives him a chance.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Might be a touch soon for Finnbar, but I suspect his leap and contested marking ability translates better to AFL level than Sellers. Time will tell.
Potentially

At least we have competition for that second KPF spot now

For mine we just rotate unless one is in good form

Alright sellers didn’t do anything

Finnbar time for you to get some AFL exposure

From the horse's mouth last week, he himself doesn't feel ready for AFL.

He won't be coming in anytime soon.

From the horse's mouth last week, he himself doesn't feel ready for AFL.

He won't be coming in anytime soon.
Would be a disservice to his development to bring him in currently.

Hes nowhere near ready for AFL football.

He's a terrific mark, but athletically he couldn't be further from it. He looks like a suburban footballer at the moment, which he is.

He will get absolutely toweled at the next level.

He himself said it!

• Ended up hanging out with Finnbar Maley a bit. He says he doesn't feel ready to step up to AFL yet and still wants to work on improving his knowledge of where to run and rotate in the 2s.
  • Finn said that he doesn't feel 'strong enough' yet, and highlighted how going up against Toby Pink and Biggie Nyuon at training always makes him realise just how strong he needs to get to compete at the AFL level. He was surprised Pink was dropped, and doesn't think it'll be long until he's back in the 1s.
  • Finn also said he couldn't confirm/deny anything because they don't know the teams yet, but he gave me the impression he doesn't believe Tyler Sellers is playing this week.

I didn’t know Finnbar was on the selection committee
Do you think perhaps that his perspective of his skills and abilities are informed at least partially by the coaches at the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back