Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

As I ease my way back into Bigfooty posting at a pace that mirrors Luke McDonald getting the ball to boot, I'm super excited to share my first piece of Finnbar Maley-related inside info.

The nickname...Moose.

Those more familiar than myself with the anatomy of the humble moose may have already worked this one out, but I am reliably informed that the nickname puts Finnbar in the same hallowed category as former North greats such as John Longmire and Robin Nahas.

Of course the main take away from this is that Finnbar's feigned ignorance over his nickname was just that, feigned. Very disappointing lack of honesty shown by the rookie. He has effectively started his career at North by lying to the entire supporter base. While I'd probably stop short of delisting him over this, I sincerely hope his inability to stare into the camera and say "It's because I have a really big penis" isn't a sign that he's a guy who is keen to cut corners.
giphy.webp

Funny to imagine the little 40 second videos about the new players. Colby what's a fun fact about you. I have played for four different sides this year include Launceston and the Allies. Zane what's your fun fact. Haha my brother played for Essendon and Port Adelaide. Finnbar what about you! Well I have a great big dick.
It’s that moment when you realise, theyre all in the room chatting/joking away but the message isn’t directed at you…

Mate, what kind of "inside" got you that info, are you still able to walk?

NTTAWWT, but I did say 'reliably informed'.

If you're going to post about kids Dicks probably a good time for another spell.

I'll be honest with you, between the content and the apt use of 'a big D' for emphasis, I'm really struggling to take this post seriously.

That said, you might want to sit out an upcoming magnum opus that I have in the works, tentatively titled 'Lower Your Eyes: An In-Depth Look At Finnbar Maley's Testicles'.

I'll be honest with you, between the content and the apt use of 'a big D' for emphasis, I'm really struggling to take this post seriously.

That said, you might want to sit out an upcoming magnum opus that I have in the works, tentatively titled 'Lower Your Eyes: An In-Depth Look At Finnbar Maley's Testicles'.

That Title is growing on me TOD

Finnbar Maley – No.39​

Rookie recruit Finnbar Maley has taken the No.39 last worn by half-back flanker Flynn Perez, who was delisted in October after four seasons and 24 games.

The only player to have his name on the locker - an honour reserved for those who have played 100 games, won a premiership or won a club best-and-fairest - is Leigh Harding, who came from the rookie list to cement a place as a small forward and later a utility over 10 seasons and 141 matches.

Great to have you back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if he's ever played in defence? Watching him again, he has a lot of attributes of a key defender.
It’s why I love this type of selection KC. He has size, athleticism and aggression in his kit bag. Could develop him forward, back or ruck. Been done to death, but I’m glad we have started reinvesting into these types of high upside talls.

It’s why I love this type of selection KC. He has size, athleticism and aggression in his kit bag. Could develop him forward, back or ruck. Been done to death, but I’m glad we have started reinvesting into these types of high upside talls.
He did not look out of place at training. Bit raw for sure but physically already developed and has good hands. Kicking a bit wayward at the moment. Invest in him I reckon.

It's a pleasant risk-reward punt after 10 years of mostly 180cm one paced battlers with our rookie picks.

It's a pleasant risk-reward punt after 10 years of mostly 180cm one paced battlers with our rookie picks.
I think we've had two 180 cm or thereabouts (or less) rookie picks in the last decade KC.

I think we've had two 180 cm or thereabouts (or less) rookie picks in the last decade KC.

McKenzie, Wilkinson, Walker, McGenniss, Taylor etc - all uninspiring vanilla ~180cm one paced rookie selections off the top of my head.

Edit: and how could I forget Big Maxy Warren? 18 years on the list for 1 possession.

Wins by a mile. Nice call.

I'm sure a nice lad but golly, it's like they ran a scan over the data to find the player least likely to break open a game.
Plus at that time already had Swallow, Wells, Ziebull, Cunnington, Bastinac, Greenwood and Adams scrapping for midfield minutes and just before picking McGenniss we had traded in Gysberts and drafted Jacobs and Hine. I guess the plan was seven guys fighting for one ball, four guys tagging/being put in jiu jitsu submission holds by Brownlow Medallists and if all goes well we get it out to elite movers Anthony and Gibson...

Who is your favourite low-floor low-ceiling rookie pick, hard mode: no Farren Ray. Personally I'm a Tim McGenniss man.
McKenzie, Wilkinson, Walker, McGenniss, Taylor etc - all uninspiring vanilla ~180cm one paced rookie selections off the top of my head.

Edit: and how could I forget Big Maxy Warren? 18 years on the list for 1 possession.

The Matthew Scott erasure is real

I'm not letting the National Draft boys off too lightly either.

Mountford, Wagner, Clarke, Mahony, and Wilkins all deserve to be in the conversation if we're talking one-paced short people. A bit more talent in that group than their rookie draft equivalents, but just as depressing to look back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back