Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bull seems North through and through. I’d be shocked if he left.
We’ve also got all his close mates signed up already (bar CT atm)

Getting success like larkey said will be sweeter as they’ve gone thro the hard times

I feel like as long as we don’t go backwards and show no improvement he should sign on

I think they might of meant we can only afford tight weak players. Stephenson, Taylor and Lazzaro spring to mind. Agree, we do need more loose strong players like Zuurhar. Our forward lines plays way too clustered and is centred around hanging off Larkey. Loose strong players are what’s going to get this forward line moving again. Let’s goooooo
And before BLU blasts you again like an arse hole, it’s “might have”. But that is just so you know, I couldn’t really give a s**t myself to be honest.

Have a great night 👍.

I really don't get the musing over Band 1 compensation etc - if we routinely lose players at or approaching their prime, we'll never contend regardless of whether the compensation is pick 3 or 300.

we need to keep this group together

100% this. The only time we should be losing a prime player is to replace them with a prime player in a greater position of need.

Carey was ostracised, McKernan couldn’t work with Pagan any longer, Martyn was greedy and wanted to get to 300 games.
IIRC he had some soft tissue injuries, Pagan left for Carlton, Laidley delisted him only for Pagan to pick him up late in the draft. "needed someone to play on the gorillas!" Great servant of the club, and wouldn't call him greedy can't begrudge him that.,,,,,,no one really gave a stuff about Higgins or Goldstein leaving, perhaps even Tarrant, none of whom were delisted by our club.

Last edited:
Hopefully Bull re-signs. I’d be shocked if he didn’t presuming the coin’s as appealing as the five years.

Much more troubled by the loose v lose situation now though.

It’s up there with resign v re-sign.

Something v somethink.

And umbrella v umberella.

Hopefully Bull re-signs. I’d be shocked if he didn’t presuming the coin’s as appealing as the five years.

Something v somethink.

🎶Ella, ella, ay, ay, ay🎶

Something v somethink.

Did you know that somethink somethink is the way to say something?

Something v somethink.

Look, I defiantly think your on the money. Some people can be lose with the truth but I have it on good authority that we will convince Cam to resign.

Yep definitely need to keep him.

I would have agreed to talk turkey post bye though. Then he gets a chance to show us what he’s worth and we pay accordingly whether that’s lower or higher. Making an offer now seems a bit more like guess work. But maybe locking him in is just good for stability. Good for group if they all love him. I mean they seem to have traded in a bunch of his mates.
We would already know what he is worth - a handful of weeks in his last year before the bye won't intrinsically change that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC he had some soft tissue injuries, Pagan left for Carlton, Laidley delisted him only for Pagan to pick him up late in the draft. "needed someone to play on the gorillas!" Great servant of the club, and wouldn't call him greedy can't begrudge him that.,,,,,,no one really gave a stuff about Higgins or Goldstein leaving, perhaps even Tarrant, none of whom were delisted by our club.
Yeah he was cooked and yet he was able to eke out a superannuation year with Carlton. It's a bit harsh to call that greedy.

I think it's a pretty generous offer, especially if it's on decent money.

He's a good player without being a great one, around the top 10 B&F finisher in one of our worst sides in our history isn't something to write home about.

Curtis is 5 years younger than him and probably only about 15% off of his output at the moment, which is a bit of an indictment of how hot and cold Zurhaar still blows for a senior player.

I don't think this is a McDonald style contract as Zurhaar will be a role player even in a decent side, but it's not completely out of the realms of possibility that Zurhaar is in that 16-23 range of players (i.e potentially in and out of the side) as we progress up the ladder.

Throw some of that TT money at him and get it done. Hes the sort of dynamic player we should aim to retain.

To those saying "he fades in and out" "he doesnt kick enough goals".....

I am sitting here shocked. Shocked I tell you that a undersized forward struggles to kick bags consistently in a team that averages about 30 inside 50's for a game.

Its a bit hard to kick goals when the balls never down there. And now you want him gone when its finally about to change?

To quote Bull "ridiculous".

Agree, good point, in hindsight it's a tad harsh saying greedy.

Something v somethink.

Ambulance v Amblance

Jy v Jye v Jyi v Jie

Throw some of that TT money at him and get it done. Hes the sort of dynamic player we should aim to retain.

To those saying "he fades in and out" "he doesnt kick enough goals".....

I am sitting here shocked. Shocked I tell you that a undersized forward struggles to kick bags consistently in a team that averages about 30 inside 50's for a game.

Its a bit hard to kick goals when the balls never down there. And now you want him gone when its finally about to change?

To quote Bull "ridiculous".
Ok, but he has kicked goals at times even in this era of low inside 50's. So im not sure if there is causation there. Our inside 50's are on the up and up now. And im not saying he wont but he'd certainly want to become more consistent if the reason he's inconcsistent is put on the rest of the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back