Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - North v Hawks Sun July 16th 1:10pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • North by 7 - 20

• Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the match today and it was painful even before the injuries to Wardlaw and Zurhaar. If Hawthorn kicked straighter, it should have been an 80+ point margin. Here are the top 5 things I would say are killing us atm
from being anywhere near a competitive side. 1. Tackling was horrible. Could not consistently lay one and Hawthorn wriggled out of so many. Couple of decent ones by LDU and Wardlaw. 2. The ease the Hawks exited our forward line time and time again after it his the deck. Forwards coach needs to be held accountable. 3. Tarryn Thomas is a lazy footballer, and will not chase when the ball heads the other way. 4. Corr, Ziebell and McDonald are poor users of the football down back. Get caught way too often or just place team mates under way too much pressure. 5. Goldie is still a better player than Xerri and CCJ. Super concerned there is no progress with these 2…..yes I know X had a pretty major injury. I hate to say it, this year has been worse than last year ☹️

Poor kicking yes, not sure how you’ve classed this as favourable with a couple of shots at goal Hawks had in first quarter due to very soft free kicks.

It was 12 frees to 0 at the time of posting in that 2nd quarter.

A great moral victory to beat Tarryn Thomas and redacted

North simply can not have McDonald as captain next season. Sends an awful message.
I am sure he is a top bloke and popular with the players who did the voting to put him there. But the other stakeholders of the club (Board, Coaches, Fans) would surely be disappointed with what he, and many of his team mates have served up this year. I agree cannot be Captain next year. Still like Jai there and maybe LDU joins him. I suspect a Red Wedding come season end.

What is it with Hawthorn and their shitty guernseys? And where does the chevron come from? Did they just invent that or is there some historical link?

Jumper hawks wore in 1925 up until the mid 1930s (with 2 yrs of the inverted colours)

Original jumper had a longer/thinner vee (similar to Sydney's away jumper)

Yep. Now for Roos to work out how to swap pick 2 for pick 1.

Or they take Curtin and have him with Larkey Curtis Zurhar and Ford.
I’d think Curtin is who they need. Should have gone for Macdonald and don’t think they’ll make the same mistake again. Curtis, Zurhar aren’t key forwards.

You would expect Mackay to go as well, so a key position player would be top priority you would think.

I’d think Curtin is who they need. Should have gone for Macdonald and don’t think they’ll make the same mistake again. Curtis, Zurhar aren’t key forwards.

You would expect Mackay to go as well, so a key position player would be top priority you would think.

Yep. For all the talk about WCE trading pick 1 they may end up with no suitors and the VIC clubs spending 2 years convincing Reid to come home.

Or WCE bite the bullet and just take Curtin with pick 1.

Yep. For all the talk about WCE trading pick 1 they may end up with no suitors and the VIC clubs spending 2 years convincing Reid to come home.

Or WCE bite the bullet and just take Curtin with pick 1.
I don't think West Coast will have an issue keeping Reid.
He is from regional Victoria, and I don't think they have lost many, if any, top Victorians over the years. Certainly not those from outside of Melbourne.
It's an amazing lifestyle out there for any young guy. They would rightly back themselves.
Also, even though they have been poor on the field, they are a strong, wealthy club who always get a strong crowd back at home.

Back