Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Cats v Blues Sat April 27th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Us Carlton fans can’t win.

Celebrate a win and it’s oh the umpires got you over the line blah blah.

Express some praise over a performance yesterday where we played some good footy and we get bashed for claiming moral victories etc.

Dare to mention how we would just like to see a few of our best 22 guys missing back and it’s oh you guys keep using injuries as excuses, those guys suck blah blah.

Christ, it’s like talking with a bunch of 10 year olds.

So basically Carlton is no good, the umpires prop us up the ladder and we should have zero to be optimistic about.

Got it.
Don’t worry mate, nobody will ever dare bring up a mark being paid from a footy bouncing off a players shoulder to put Carlton infront with a minute to go. How dare anyone bring up such an incident against the great blues as potentially costing a game.

I’m also very excited to see the devastation to be unleashed when guns such as fogarty, jack Martin, Mitch McGovern, and David Cunningham return.

It was the exact same in reverse last week when we knocked off GWS.

Endless pages of s**t about how we’re not that good, Taylor was out, the umpires carried us home etc.
Okay, well in that case an opposition supporter criticising Carlton in some other game day thread means I absolutely can't call out the relentless whinging and deflection in this thread for what it is. Just pay it all forward to Geelong supporters and their supposedly undeserving victorious team. Then we'll do the same whenever we lose. This is absolutely the mature and rational way to do things.

The victim complexes on BigFooty border on obsessive.

Don’t worry mate, nobody will ever dare bring up a mark being paid from a footy bouncing off a players shoulder to put Carlton infront with a minute to go. How dare anyone bring up such an incident against the great blues as potentially costing a game.

I’m also very excited to see the devastation to be unleashed when guns such as fogarty, jack Martin, Mitch McGovern, and David Cunningham return.
Not even talking about the Freo game.

We were absolutely flogging North Melbourne and opposition nuffies were trying to put it down to the umpires.

Laughable.

Okay, well in that case an opposition supporter criticising Carlton in some other game day thread means I absolutely can't call out the relentless whinging and deflection in this thread for what it is. Just pay it all forward to Geelong supporters and their supposedly undeserving victorious team. Then we'll do the same whenever we lose. This is absolutely the mature and rational way to do things.

The victim complexes on BigFooty border on obsessive.
I’m not here to tell people what they can or can’t post. You seem to enjoy telling people what they can post though.

I find it hilarious you are trying to paint Carlton fans as being the only ones to clog up threads with talk about injuries and umpires. All fans do it.

I’m not here to tell people what they can or can’t post. You seem to enjoy telling people what they can post though.

I find it hilarious you are trying to paint Carlton fans as being the only ones to clog up threads with talk about injuries and umpires. All fans do it.
Keep posting, it's all good.

Were there injuries? Were the umpires against you? It's difficult to tell.

You sure do look like you're finding things hilarious, and are absolutely not just seriously p**ed off.

P.S that McKay flop at the start of the 3rd quarter (duly rewarded) was embarrassing. It looks like that's where Williams got the idea.

Keep posting, it's all good.

Were there injuries? Were the umpires against you? It's difficult to tell.

You sure do look like you're finding things hilarious, and are absolutely not just seriously p**ed off.
Again, I have no idea why you think you have the right to tell people if they can post or not.

I’m not pissed off at all.

We lost. I’ve said we didn’t deserve to win.

Still was fairly happy with a fair bit of the team’s performance but we needed to be better.

screenshot_20240428_221129_chrome-jpg.1974114

Again, I have no idea why you think you have the right to tell people if they can post or not.

I’m not pissed off at all.

We lost. I’ve said we didn’t deserve to win.

Still was fairly happy with a fair bit of the team’s performance but we needed to be better.
I believe you.

Italicised is the relevant part of your post and a more positive note to finish the complaining on. You got there eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately he's not even trying to troll. Just how he is.
viewing member profile Mr Meow

Searching for something? I deal with rational, non cry-baby posters in a polite way. There's been a number of Blues fans in here that I've had such exchanges with. You've seen the same in the GFC trade thread when you were in there. I'm more than happy to call out the rest. The irony is this draws out even more complaining, bitching and victim complex mentality. Proving my original point about the whinging.

viewing member profile Mr Meow

Searching for something? I deal with rational, non cry-baby posters in a polite way. There's been a number of Blues fans in here that I've had such exchanges with. You've seen the same in the GFC trade thread when you were in there. I'm more than happy to call out the rest. The irony is this draws out even more complaining, bitching and victim complex mentality. Proving my original point about the whinging.
Just looking at the incredible amount of sooking you've been doing today... Gotta be close to 200 posts now just in the last 12 hours or so. Quite the achievement.

Believe it or not if u simply stop responding, their perpetual moans and complaints will most likely cease.

Just looking at the incredible amount of sooking you've been doing today... Gotta be close to 200 posts now just in the last 12 hours or so. Quite the achievement.
Yeah man, for sure. Mocking relentless sooking, is itself sooking. Which would make what you're doing now sooking as well. At least now you're finally starting to understand how annoying it is to see someone complain about something mundane for hours. That's a taste of how everyone feels about the incessant Carlton whinging over the past 24 hours.

I do deeply apologise for responding to each and every Carlton cry baby that is now using my posting as a new addition to their victim complex. It's been fair entertainment while I watch the replay of what was a cracking game of football.

You are not p***ed off. You haven't whinged and deflected. You sure are having a good time.

Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed the match, have moved on from the result and have returned to your old cheery self.
I haven’t whinged or deflected at all.

Said multiple times the Cats deserved to win.

Whatever suits your narrative I guess.

Not even talking about the Freo game.

We were absolutely flogging North Melbourne and opposition nuffies were trying to put it down to the umpires.

Laughable.
Lol of cause you guys won fairly. The only disputable outcome is the freo one and fair enough.. it does need to be that blatant for it to be called such.

I honestly think Carlton is a ripping side with an incredible gun top enchelon of players. What you guys lack is a good bottom six, and I’m not overly sold either on vossy.

Pound for pound you guys have a better top six than us, but pound for pound our bottom half of our b22 easily takes the points.

He’s leading the Coleman.

Curnow’s buggest problem right now is he keeps butchering shots he normally nails.

Think outside of that he’s been pretty good considering the attention he cops as our most dangerous scoring option.
You see 2 or 3 defenders on him a lot of times . Surely that means we have 1 or 2 free in the vicinity of the ball so why aren't we lowering the eyes better and hitting up those targets instead ?

You are only missing saad who has pace and run to give out of defense. nobody Else you have missing is going to impact that. I don’t believe this at all from what I have seen of Carlton, the game is incredibly similar to Melbourne in that it is revolves around strong contested work then lock it up forward with a press.

Better sides will cut you open out the back with the high press in your forward half.

I expect collingwood to open you guys up a fair bit next week as well. I still expect you guys to win, but they will give you a bit of trouble with their slingshot game, as will Sydney
Lucky for us you aren't a selector. Cerra comes straight in and Motlop gives us forward pressure and bite around the ball drop in the forward line and is a good finisher.
Plus I think McGovern replaces Young if both are fit and ready to go .

Lucky for us you aren't a selector. Cerra comes straight in and Motlop gives us forward pressure and bite around the ball drop in the forward line and is a good finisher.
Plus I think McGovern replaces Young if both are fit and ready to go .
Was a shame docherty went down… really liked him as a player

It was a devastating call because it spurred the handbaggers - maybe as they thought they had everytthing going their way for the night. That call spurred another four goals on top. It was at such a delicate moment of the match the umps just had to have a brainfade.
Actually, Geelong would have scored twenty unanswered goals if that call wasn't made. I have analysed every permeation of every conceivable timeline and that is the most likely outcome.

Back