Other All things Snooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid point of the final, and Ronnie leads Kyren Wilson, 10-7.

If he carries on to the title, it would be his sixth World crown. To go with his seven UK crowns, and seven Masters crowns. He already holds the record with 19 Triple-Crown wins, but 20 is a nice round number.

Oh, and it would also be his 37th ranking title, taking him past Hendry.

I think it's fair to say he can play a bit!

Commentators saying the weather's better for snooker for this second day of the final. I"m hoping for a more exciting day's play than yesterday's. Hard to disagree so far with the thought that both Wilson and O'Sullivan played their Grand Final match in their semis.

Mid point of the final, and Ronnie leads Kyren Wilson, 10-7.

If he carries on to the title, it would be his sixth World crown. To go with his seven UK crowns, and seven Masters crowns. He already holds the record with 19 Triple-Crown wins, but 20 is a nice round number.

Oh, and it would also be his 37th ranking title, taking him past Hendry.

I think it's fair to say he can play a bit!

Stayed up and watched it all. 18-8 in the end to O'Sullivan. Just too solid and experienced.

Amazing that he's done it again at age 45 though. Seven years since his last title. It thought it was all Trump all the way.

His longevity in the game is phenomenal.

Not a great final, even ROS didn't seem too pumped at the end of it, but it's the Semis that made this campaign special.

I think we'll see more players thrive in their 40's. Not so long ago the trend was towards younger players dominating the winners lists, but it turned quickly back to the older school. (Williams winnng the WC after winning the Masters final made the later looks silly. Maybe they should raise the age of qualification for that one to 45 or 50.) Now that the standard of the field's skill is much higher and more even (despite what Ronnie says) it's easier for players to look after their health and to manage a career in the sport I think we'll see more success going to those who have a greater mental game.

Stayed up and watched it all. 18-8 in the end to O'Sullivan. Just too solid and experienced.

Amazing that he's done it again at age 45 though. Seven years since his last title. It thought it was all Trump all the way.

His longevity in the game is phenomenal.

I feel for Kyren Wilson a bit. He seems like a genuinely good kid, who can really play. He just seems to get a bit starstruck in finals. Ronnie totally belted him in the UK final a couple of years ago too.

As for Ronnie's longevity, it's really difficult to think of anyone, in any sport, who began as a child prodigy, and has seen continued success into their 40s. Not only is he the best, but he's also the most attractive to watch. Imagine if he played like Selby, heaven forbid. Snooker is really going to miss him, when he does go.

EDIT: My mistake. It was the English Open, not the UK.

Last edited:
UK championship frame between Trump and Robertson is insane levels of sporting tension. 35 minutes and there's still 11 reds on the table.

Not gonna spoil the result in case it's on delay back home, but that was completely insane. You couldn't write any of that in frame, and 100% not the finish.

Sport at its purest in my opinion.

UK championship frame between Trump and Robertson is insane levels of sporting tension. 35 minutes and there's still 11 reds on the table.

Nothing is likely to match the deciding frame between Wilson and McGill in the World semi a few months ago! Unless it's the other semi between Ronnie and Selby. Two totally epic semis; the final was destined to be anti-climactic afterwards.

But well done Robbo. His third UK title and fifth triple crown title.

Last edited:
Nothing is likely to match the deciding frame between Wilson and McGill in the World semi a few months ago! Unless it's the other semi between Ronnie and Selby. Two totally epic semis; the final was destined to be anti-climactic afterwards.

But well done Robbo. His third UK title and fifth triple crown title.

that must have been epic!

I thought that nothing wouldn’t be as great as the WC final match between Steve Davis and Dennis Taylor back in 1987!

Doug Mountjoy died a few weeks ago. I remember a break-off he made on Pot Black in the 70s. Never seen anything like it before, or afterwards. I have tried to locate it several times over the years with no success.

Anyway, guess what just appeared in my YouTube recommendations list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doug Mountjoy died a few weeks ago. I remember a break-off he made on Pot Black in the 70s. Never seen anything like it before, or afterwards. I have tried to locate it several times over the years with no success.

Anyway, guess what just appeared in my YouTube recommendations list?

that's amazing

I remember seeing this from Ronnie during the 2019 UK Championship. But I forgot just how ridiculously good it was. Stephen Hendry on commentary sounds totally incredulous.

After winning the semi final 6-5 (after being down 5-3 and needing two snookers in the final frame), Neal Robertson leads the Masters final 5-3 after the first session (best of 19 frames).

What do people think of Trump? He's 32 now, and only has three TC titles (one of each). And he choked big-time against Robbo in the 2020 UK Final.

He's certainly overrated in my book.

What do people think of Trump? He's 32 now, and only has three TC titles (one of each). And he choked big-time against Robbo in the 2020 UK Final.

He's certainly overrated in my book.

Silver Spoon type of rich Nuffy ********.

I have never liked him and he has had the easy road all his life regarding professional coaching from a young age / best Cues money can buy as a kid / Own table at home / Loaded parents that tried to buy him success and he is an arrogant flog to go with it.

For perspective go look how Selby grew up sleeping in Snooker halls at 14yo and our own Neil who was in a dole queue when left Oz with stuff all $$ to pursue a dream and there are many more stories like them.

Trump is just a tosser and would never know what the game meant to others that got to where they are just to literally have enough money to feed themselves from night to night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back