Anti-Franklin umpiring taken to a new level

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Franklin & the umpires

Buddy is undisciplined. The umpires are aware of this and jump on him for things that a lot of other players get away with. Plenty of other undisciplined players experince the same thing. Hall, McPhee, Soloman etc.

As for not getting free kicks he should. We that is no different to any other key forward....... except Riewoldt - you can't touch Riewoldt.
yes i know buddy gives quite a few :D agree there and with the rest of what you said specially that last bit :p

Hawthorn supporters must have some odd issues.

Please understand the following

Tackles that choke a player are considered high even when committed by Hawthorn players.
now in the richmond game v hawks delidio did this to hodge unlike the week before when you played us the umps did not call holding the ball high or anything else he just choked Hodge till he elbowed him to try and stop him [ against you do that and the umps stopped it straight away no probs ] iknow Hodge should not have done what he did no questions there [ don't remember if he got a free for it either] but if the umps did the job like the ones the week before then the elbow would not have been used against delidio at all and not week off for Hodge , the umps are inconsistent fools sometimes

The AFL must immediately introduce the Franklin rule: no defender is allowed to make any contact with the league's super star as it undermines the image of the game. Penalty: automatic goal to said Superstar.

I am confident this rule will adequately appease said Hawthorn supporters and spare us all from the need to read any further inanities from these grammar school punces.

The AFL must immediately introduce the Franklin rule: no defender is allowed to make any contact with the league's super star as it undermines the image of the game. Penalty: automatic goal to said Superstar.

I am confident this rule will adequately appease said Hawthorn supporters and spare us all from the need to read any further inanities from these grammar school punces.
get a life all we [ all supporters] want is fair and consistent umpiring for BOTH SIDES does any team get that i am sure the answer is NO i am also sure the umps missed things for your team on fri ! , i do know they may miss the odd thing but the interpretations differ from ump to ump i wish they would all get together and work it out so there is no differing interpretations at all !

Guys, all we want is a fair run.

(and the tackle was high eventually).

It was holding the ball initially, but the umpire delayed the call for so long - and Cooney was smart/strong enough to raise his arm - that Franklin's arm came up over the shoulder).

This happened 3-4 times with umpire #1 - I stopped counting, but at one stage he had paid 1 out of 7 possible frees to Hawthorn, and 8 out of 7 frees to Dogs (one paid incorrectly). The rest of the umps I have little issue with - it seems almost every week there's one umpire who goes out of his way to alter interpretation according to team. Scarily enough there's five (of the seven I've noticed) in the finals squad.

If the umpires didn't pay in-the-back against Franklin virtually every tackle he lays, he wouldn't try and 'flip' the player backwards (like he did to Cooney).

Pay the obvious ones, pay the first ones, and 99% of our (well my) issues with umpiring go away.

Buddy is no more disciplined that Brendan Fevola when it comes to Frees and 50's, which begs the question why does Fev cop so much from the media yet Buddy has never had a negative word spoken about him.

Compared to what Fevola gets every week Buddy gets a dream run

Wrong. Fev's are more noticeable because he goes to town. Buddy laughs. Nothing wrong with the kid's temperament.
By the way, I am not disagreeing with you...re Fev. I reckon he gets the raw end of the stick too but Buddy keeps his cool the majority of the time.

The Franklin Rule already exists.

..."Where possible deny Franklin any chance to win the ball, whether by denying him a legitimate free kick, or be penalising him unfairly. The implementation of the Franklin rule is essential for the competitiveness of all AFL sides who play Hawthorn. If Franklin were to have each decision involving him judged in it's own merits, he and Hawthorn would be unstoppable...."

There it is. Hope that clears it up for you.;)

Buddy is no more disciplined that Brendan Fevola when it comes to Frees and 50's, which begs the question why does Fev cop so much from the media yet Buddy has never had a negative word spoken about him.
maybe going to the toilet against a window or having an affair or putting someone in a head lock does not help his image !

if he did not do those stupid things then maybe he would not be in the media so much on the negative side who knows only guessing buddy has only the two girls saying he splashed them and that is about it.

fev does get a raw deal too i don't deny that

maybe going to the toilet against a window or having an affair or putting someone in a head lock does not help his image !

if he did not do those stupid things then maybe he would not be in the media so much on the negative side who knows only guessing buddy has only the two girls saying he splashed them and that is about it.

fev does get a raw deal too i don't deny that

Carlton just have to be learn to be quicker with the injunctions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back