Discussion ANZAC Day - pilgrims to Wellington

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the support guys, making me feel a bit better about it all. I'm a bit of a homebody so it's a bit out of my comfort zone, that's all.

Once we sort out which days we're leaving and returning I'll post em up - maybe we can meet up at and after the footy for a few cold ones :)

Also, has any open training been scheduled over there yet? Would like to include that in my travel plans.

If its like previous years the open training will be at the basin reserve the day before, most likely 2pm or thereabouts. You'd assume that itd be on again!

I'm heading over this year, booked flights a few weeks ago, went the first year and was awesome. Going with the gf, a mate I sit with at games and a mate who's a carlton supporter.
A day game will be a totally different experience there and I hope the kiwis get around it!

Heading over again third year in a row this year. Date I now look forward to most on the calendar. Best thing about it is that you get a real "St Kilda" feel about the joint as everyone over there lives and breathes our great footy club.

Normally they have an open day at The Basin the day after starting at about 11am and an open training session the day before.

Other advice ticket wise is to buy the standard tickets, all the functions and what not end up with you sitting behind the goals high up or behind a glass window.

Anyone want to know anything else feel free to drop me a message

It's on its way!

I'm trying, it's just the more I think about it, the more there is to organise. But I'm a stress head at the best of times so there's not much hope for me. Once I've got everything booked and locked in I'll be right I think.

Organise tickets, travel insurance, tours, accommodation, and football tickets etc. As soon as can. This will eleviate some of your stress levels. Make sure you have copied your passport, credit card, and itinerary and leave it at home with someone else in case things go wrong. Keep a copy of your passport in your suitcase.

Give yourself some free time so you can do some things on the spur of the moment.

Well I've locked in my flights to Wellington for what promises to be a huge weekend. I thought I'd start a thread for any other BF Sainters who might be heading over too, so that we might be able to catch up & talk rubbish in person.

On another note, if anyone has made the trip in previous years & can provide some advice re: accommodation, good pubs, things to do, etc it would be greatly appreciated.

We're flying in Friday morning & leaving on the 6.45am on Monday. Wouldn't mind to take the golf sticks over too & have a wander around one of Wellington's finest.

Really excited to be heading over, I missed out on the Gallipoli ballot so it will be very special to be in a place like Wellington for the dawn service commemorating 100 years.

After reading all the posts etc I'm actually really jealous of you guys who are going. Alas, I'll be just getting back from a holiday of my own (Thailand and Vietnam) so I'll be broke! :)

NZ is now firmly on my bucket list. Maybe next year!

After reading all the posts etc I'm actually really jealous of you guys who are going. Alas, I'll be just getting back from a holiday of my own (Thailand and Vietnam) so I'll be broke! :)

NZ is now firmly on my bucket list. Maybe next year!

I have wanted to go to Wellington game since the first one we had there. This year we are taking my mum with us and then my other halves parents are joining us for 8 days in the South Island. Looking forward to the match there and getting to spend time in NZ with the oldies.

So too people who have already gone over in the past two seasons what is the cost of the whole trip roughly?
Flight,Tickets,Accommo ect

Tell us about a bit more about that one, By a Point. That sounds great
We found a largish catamaran down near some of the bars. It was just getting ready to go and had space so we went while the ladies shopped for shoes. I can't recall the name of the boat, but if you ask around or google, there will be some options.

So too people who have already gone over in the past two seasons what is the cost of the whole trip roughly?

Early bird flights are gone I think I snapped mine up for about $350 but looking around I'd say flights are around $500. Accommodation is as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be depending on where you want to stay, plenty of place within Lambton Quay (City) which is right amongst the action. Tickets wise, they're very cheap as they are trying to encourage people to go to the game. Pretty sure I just bought mine off the club for $20 on the wing

Early bird flights are gone I think I snapped mine up for about $350 but looking around I'd say flights are around $500. Accommodation is as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be depending on where you want to stay, plenty of place within Lambton Quay (City) which is right amongst the action. Tickets wise, they're very cheap as they are trying to encourage people to go to the game. Pretty sure I just bought mine off the club for $20 on the wing
Sweet mate thankyou for that

I was lucky and picked up $230 return flights direct about a month ago. But on average it cost about $500. Go on skyscanner.com.au and fill out the details and set notifications for that, they send you emails every few days about price changes in flights, that's how I got mine.
I had just arrived back from Europe after 4 months and felt like I needed a holiday, after a holiday. Too good to knock back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's still specials from time to time... I just got lucky when I checked Jetstar flights & there was $129 over & $84 back!

There is an option with Jetstar now where you can choose dates & destination & pop in your email...they will keep you updated if prices change.

a nice way of marketing NZ

Official newsletter of St Kilda Football Club

This email has been sent to XXXXX as you have subscribed to receive emails from the
St Kilda Football Club, 151 East Road, Seaford VIC 3198.

If you need assistance, please contact us via email at membership@saints.com.au or call 1300 467 246.

I know we still have the Collingwood Friday night match still aead, but the excitement is building for the trip to Wellington and getting to see us there.

Anyone up for a BigFooty Saints catch up in Wellington next week? We've booked tickets to the official after match ($20 each) where you can watch the Coll v Ess game on a big screen at Westpac Stadium....that might be a good spot to catch up after our game.

We looked at that but there are so many great pubs in Well, walking distance from the ground, that watching at Westpac Stadium will be / might be a bit soulless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back