Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

How the fu** is Peter Siddle in the side.. thought that kreas was done.
More than earnt his paycheck already. It's getting to be a bit monotonous getting rescued by the lower order all the time though. Siddle was awesome hanging around while Smith did his stuff.

How bad was the umpiring on another note? Couldn't get one right to save themselves. Probably Karma that Warner got out like he did as he should have been out first ball. But that LBW didn't even look close IMO. Why he didn't review it has got me stuffed. Broad has to do a lot with the ball from around the wicket at such an angle. Add to that Warner was batting two feet down the track. Puzzling from both he and Bancroft.??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the fu** is Peter Siddle in the side.. thought that kreas was done.

Siddle is a better duke ball performer than the alternatives. It's useful having a fast bowler that will do the grunt work and maintain line and length in English conditions. I think he's a good selection.

Siddle is a better duke ball performer than the alternatives. It's useful having a fast bowler that will do the grunt work and maintain line and length in English conditions. I think he's a good selection.
Stark was a huge risk - he could easily go for 7 an over or he could get it right. Siddle was the right choice

Tim Paine asked pre-game if he was worried about the intimidating atmosphere.
Here? I can name you 15 others!
Brilliant response and attitude.
According to an article by Malcolm Knox this morning the sledging from the crowd was personal and in your face at levels that even Bay 13 wouldn't contemplate. He also said that the intensity of the crowd's hatred seemed to galvanise the team.
As an aside, he noted that reverse swing has curiously vanished in test cricket for all teams. Reverse swing has been largely absent fro 16 months. Curious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back