BBL Game 14 Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars 1735hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Sixers are a great franchise and well run.

But I have no idea why they think Dwarshuis is a death bowler against decent players. He’ll clean up a tail, but he’s so flaky when there’s a proper batsman at the crease.

Yeah I was surprised too, certainly not a death bowler. Good with the new ball IMO but average otherwise. Especially so after nearly bottling defending 18 about 4 nights ago.

The Sixers are a great franchise and well run.

But I have no idea why they think Dwarshuis is a death bowler against decent players. He’ll clean up a tail, but he’s so flaky when there’s a proper batsman at the crease.
Do they have anyone else?

Edwards and Bird would get smacked around even more than Dwarshius. Curran can’t play and Kerr is injured.

Even Abbott cops a fair bit of tap and he’s their other death bowler. Least he takes wickets as well.

SOK’s there only bowler they can currently rely on to not go the distance.

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Yeah I was surprised too, certainly not a death bowler. Good with the new ball IMO but average otherwise. Especially so after nearly bottling defending 18 about 4 nights ago.

I might make myself look stupid here because I don’t know the stats, but I think he’s probably considered a death bowler on stats that are skewed because he takes tail wickets at a decent clip at the end of an innings, but when he actually needs to defend against a half decent batter he can’t. He just bowls yorkers so when he misses he gets clobbered. Not very sophisticated death bowling.

Do they have anyone else?

Edwards and Bird would get smacked around even more than Dwarshius. Curran can’t play and Kerr is injured.

Even Abbott cops a fair bit of tap and he’s their other death bowler. Least he takes wickets as well.

SOK’s there only bowler they can currently rely on to not go the distance.

Hes just not a death bowler imo. I know that’s a Curran over and his idiocy meant the Sixers had to find someone else, but at 150-odd there was always a chance it goes to the last over.

It’s poor captaincy imo to have Dwarshuis lined up to defend anything less than 12-15 runs.

Is this definitely true?

Wade bats at the top for the Hurricanes even though he'll only be 6 or 7 when in the Australia colours

That’s what a couple of the commentators were saying on the radio and a podcast. Few people have said it. Much prefer this he’s never opening for Australia

Back