Best AFL Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

kaij10

Senior List
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
With so many clubs changing Logo's and marketing/merchandise becoming a crucial factor in the coming decade with more and more people "representing" their club when they step out of their house, it has made me wonder which team has the best logo and worst logo in the AFL.

I personally love the Geelong logo especially the one that is on their guernseys, and unfortunately hate the Adelaide logo though I love the team!

I personally love the Geelong logo especially the one that is on their guernseys, and unfortunately hate the Adelaide logo though I love the team!

Honestly I love the Port Logo, it is different, Bold and defining, It has alot of meaning and history behind it and it incorporates our entertie well. However for those reasons some, possibly most, would hate it. The Black and White Bars, the open Teal top, the Fist and Bolt to symbolise Power. the only thing I would like to see is possibly loose the Bolt and just make it a fist.

Alot really like Collingwood's, with the traditional, Flags at the bottom, Someting Proud and to be worne with Pride. Also the Carlton Emblem, Basic and simple. Fremantle's is also good considering it contains Purple and green as Primary colours.

Most hideous, toss up between Lions and Richmonds, Richmonds has to much going on and is hard to make out from a distance, Lions the much going on with the head, I like both blown up and if you can make them out they look strong and bold. Just to bussy when small.

Adelaide is also a negative, looks to Americanised for my liking and Geelong's, not much of a fan, Prefered there GFC Monorgam on a shield infront of a Navy and White hooped shield.

With so many clubs changing Logo's and marketing/merchandise becoming a crucial factor in the coming decade with more and more people "representing" their club when they step out of their house, it has made me wonder which team has the best logo and worst logo in the AFL.

in regards of best perhaps people should be dissuaded from talking about their own logo as the best logo cause you're gonna be biased.
For me, disregarding the saints, I like the tigers as the best.
The new crows logo is for me the worst as it looks cheap and nasty. i liked their previous one more.

I think clubs change logos too often anyway

If I'm not going to pick ours, which I think is very strong, very good, I'd say the Blues for their simple CFC, or the Cats new one with the cat silhouette, not the cat face.

I prefer shield logo's. I find they bring abit of a heritage touch to the logo. Hense not a huge fan of Crows logo and Lions logo. I was even never a fan of the old Crows logo. I like the Adelaide Football Club shield that appears on the Club Champion Jacket, which is also on the heritage guernsey below.

Adelaide-Heritage-2004.gif

Adelaide is also a negative, looks to Americanised for my liking and Geelong's, not much of a fan, Prefered there GFC Monorgam on a shield infront of a Navy and White hooped shield.

Yeah but dont get confused, we have two.

kaij10 is referring to our logo that is on most of our merchandise, including our jumper;

Geelong2008Logo1.jpg

The one you might be thinking of is the logo which is branded on fixtures and websites;

Geelong2008Logo2.jpg

Yeah but dont get confused, we have two.

kaij10 is referring to our logo that is on most of our merchandise, including our jumper;

Geelong2008Logo1.jpg

The one you might be thinking of is the logo which is branded on fixtures and websites;

Thats the one Kriso182 The one above is the one I'm talking about. Although both are good, but I prefer the one above.

Am I also correct to say the Melbourne does not associate itself with the Demon logo anymore? If so, thats a pretty boring logo they got there.

Tigers is the best.
It's absolutely incredible that the team with the best jumper, the best club song and the best logo is probably the biggest modern football basketcase going around...

richmond-tigers-logo.jpg

You can't really go wrong with a Tiger, let's hope they don't get antsy and think of changing it to follow the simple curves and colours direction that seems to be sweeping the AFL (in most cases disastrously) recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

those 80's logos were all class especially Pies, Fitzroy, Footscray and Hawks and I didn't mind that angry Brisbane Bear either!

Tigers is the best.
It's absolutely incredible that the team with the best jumper, the best club song and the best logo is probably the biggest modern football basketcase going around...
Agreed. I've always thought that their jumper is the best (the diagonal line is just so striking!!!) and their song craps all over every other team's song and the logo is pretty fearsome too. I truly hope to hear Tigerland booming around the MCG on the last Saturday in September before too long!

If I was thinking away from my own club I'd have to vote the 3 best are North Melbourne, Port Adelaide and West Coast.. and the North one wins out of those 3 for mine.

richmond has the best logo and club song, great colours and a loyal fanbase. basically everything necessary to keep a club alive through 30 years of horrible failure.

This has probably been the best AFL logo:

afllogo6.jpg

For the club logos, Geelong, Richmond and St Kilda are the better ones.

Was a big fan of the Geelong logo a couple of years ago which just had the GFC on the shield, looked classy and traditional.

The traditional ones are easily the best. Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, maybe Freo and the Saints. I dig that alternative Geelong one too, and there's a North fan on here with a similarly cool shield design for his avatar.

This one, from the 60s apparently:
NMFC%20logo%201960s.png

How you fit an aeroplane into that sort of aesthetic is an issue though.

The new Adelaide and Brisbane designs are laughably horrid, I really hope every other club takes note.

Thats the one Kriso182 The one above is the one I'm talking about. Although both are good, but I prefer the one above.

Am I also correct to say the Melbourne does not associate itself with the Demon logo anymore? If so, thats a pretty boring logo they got there.

you would have been about 2-3 years ago. Check the demon website it says right at the top (bringing back the demon) ((well it did if it doesnt anymore lol))

Remove this Banner Ad

Back