BFL or GDFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see a game betwen the two of them. Should settle any arguments. I think it would be a highlight on the footy calender. Proabably would mean more to the players to play in than the current interleague set up. Plus local supporters might actually give a toss about this clash.

BFL is better and have better players, I mean Corio have to play a 15 year old. Why do players come to the BFL and GFL but not the GDFL because the BFL and GFL are better leagues

BFL is better and have better players, I mean Corio have to play a 15 year old. Why do players come to the BFL and GFL but not the GDFL because the BFL and GFL are better leagues

Yeh BFL heaps better, but GFL heaps better than BFL.

You do the Math!

BFL is clearly the better league. Thomson are on top of the ladder in the gdfl and barwon heads beat them in a practice game and barwon heads sit mid ladder in the BFL.

BFL is clearly the better league. Thomson are on top of the ladder in the gdfl and barwon heads beat them in a practice game and barwon heads sit mid ladder in the BFL.

Oh that settles the debate then.... newcomb beat st albans last year in a praccy too so the bfl was a better league than gfl in 07?:D

That is just a stupid statment all round. i think a match between both leagues is a great idea. i couldnt pick a better league 2 be honest

i watch all local leagues and no1 would get near amo's from G&DFL the real intrest would cum from the winch v power clash lol BFL for me

How come everyone in the community agree that a gdfl vs bfl interleague game would bring huge crowds but neither league will approach the other to make it to happen. Its what everyone wants to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come everyone in the community agree that a gdfl vs bfl interleague game would bring huge crowds but neither league will approach the other to make it to happen. Its what everyone wants to see.
Under the VCFL structure I dont think they can play each other in an inter-league clash as the GDFL is a district league and the BFL is an affiliate league (or something of the sort).

Yeh BFL heaps better, but GFL heaps better than BFL.

You do the Math!
The GFL are better, but the BFL and GFL's best players are not that far away from each other BFL lost to the GFL by about 8 goals a couple of years ago and the BFL's standard is improving each year.

Under the VCFL structure I dont think they can play each other in an inter-league clash as the GDFL is a district league and the BFL is an affiliate league (or something of the sort).

Surely It doesnt have to be under the vcfl structure the two leagus can still organise the game

years ago the 2 leagues played against each other and the bellarine won by less than 6 pts, but that clearly doesent mean they were a better league back then, and these days if they played it would still be a close game,,another good point is that a lot of gun gfl footballers began there carreers in the gdfl just a few to mention R.Otoole started his junior days at Corio, tyquin (gfl interleague and 100 goals several times),fopiani (interleague and mathieson medallist),stewart(interleague and mathieson medallist),broom,lewis(interleague)dragicevic(AFL),Grgic(AFL),,,can the BFL Beat this
i suppose it depends on how their careers stack up against the likes of Gary Ablett, Nathan Ablett, Tim McLean, Robert Scott, Mark Dahlhaus ( dual mathieson winner), John Meesen and a set of twins from Anglesea by the name of Gowans. Shows both leagues have plenty to hang their hats on.:thumbsu:

Oh that settles the debate then.... newcomb beat st albans last year in a praccy too so the bfl was a better league than gfl in 07?:D

lol look at how much st albans suck this year and last tho
they finished at the bottom last eyar and are 2nd bottom this year

i suppose it depends on how their careers stack up against the likes of Gary Ablett, Nathan Ablett, Tim McLean, Robert Scott, Mark Dahlhaus ( dual mathieson winner), John Meesen and a set of twins from Anglesea by the name of Gowans. Shows both leagues have plenty to hang their hats on.:thumbsu:

Just like to add a few more, Danny Stanley, Clint Bartram, Guy O'Keefe, Patrick Dangerfield, Ben Setchell(VFL), Luke Buckland, Andrew Merriman, David Cameron(Qld) etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back