Bock Off

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nathan Bock's performance last night was so poor. I have never seen a player look so much out of his depth- ecept Linden Stephens, Dean Howard etc. Do we say Bock off or do we give him two or three weeks to show what we probably know - that he is not up to AFl standard. Surely he could not play that badly again.

Mind you how many times is Perrie going to cost us a game. He cannot one grab a ball. His kicking is poor and he has no lateral vision. His decision making is scheizen hausen. We need to move him out of the CHF position if we are going to improve as a side in the longer term.

Hentschell needs to spend some time in the reserves. he needs to realise that a position in the league side is not guaranteed. His efforts on Saturday night were lamentable.

Other poor performances came from Macca - where is your intensity and the importance of getting your body over the ball: the Birdman - your clanger count keeps rising and keeps costing us goals - what were you thinking with your non -handball for Welshy - play for the team and not yourself.

The bottom line is that our dumb players keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Some of our players were not up to it and those players cost us victory on Saturday night. i feel sorry for the Ruttens, Thompsons, the roo, the Mattners, Harts etc who gave their all only see to the ball butchered by players whose ability has been found wanting time and time again.

PerthCrow said:
Welsh has had 8 weeks , why cant Bock get at least 3

I think he means off the list, not out of the side ...

dont know how bock even got a go on sat night. his form hasnt been outstanding this year. its kind of ridiculous really, that daniel schell demolished him on sanfl grand final day last year, and perrie has been on the list since 1998, yet, schell was never given a proper chance (the orthopaedic surgeon that saw him when he was on the crows list said he couldnt believe he was walking, let alone attempting to play football- has since had surgery and fixed knee problem, and gary ayres told him burton was the "go to" man and he was just to get out of his way). why recruit a guy that is a leading forward, and can take very good contested marks (proving it more and more this season) and not support him through an injury, yet give a guy like perrie MORE than enough chances to do SOMETHING!! our forward line set up in ********eeeeeeeeeeee!! surely ladhams is worthy of a run at some stage??

Kane McGoodwin said:
I have always said that I don't reckon Bock has it to make it AFL level. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything to change my mind. He has something missing.

Sorry to be harsh, but Bock is a dud with a capital D. :eek:

vacekadelaide said:
dont know how bock even got a go on sat night. his form hasnt been outstanding this year. its kind of ridiculous really, that daniel schell demolished him on sanfl grand final day last year, and perrie has been on the list since 1998, yet, schell was never given a proper chance (the orthopaedic surgeon that saw him when he was on the crows list said he couldnt believe he was walking, let alone attempting to play football- has since had surgery and fixed knee problem, and gary ayres told him burton was the "go to" man and he was just to get out of his way). why recruit a guy that is a leading forward, and can take very good contested marks (proving it more and more this season) and not support him through an injury, yet give a guy like perrie MORE than enough chances to do SOMETHING!! our forward line set up in ********eeeeeeeeeeee!! surely ladhams is worthy of a run at some stage??

Umm very true vacekadelaide , except this year Bock kept Schell to 1 goal and was bursting packs at adelaide oval in the g/f replay.
Maybe adelaide shouldve delisted more players and drafted more

mymansyd said:
Sorry to be harsh, but Bock is a dud with a capital D. :eek:
tell us what you really think Big Fella.... :p

Bock is part of the 10 man squad transition group....only to be used when others are unavailable IMO. He should be back in a budgie jumper next weekend .... ;)

mickyj said:
Umm very true vacekadelaide , except this year Bock kept Schell to 1 goal and was bursting packs at adelaide oval in the g/f replay.
Maybe adelaide shouldve delisted more players and drafted more

schell spent most of that match in defence - almost 3/4tqtrs. not an excuse, but centrals were killed in the midfield, nullifying any chance our forwards had for marking, let alone scoring anything. Bock is definately out of his depth in the big league. IMO from sat nights games, outs should be - Bock, Perrie, Welsh (needs to get a full run and some confidence back in the SANFL), as does Hentschel (whats going on there - was going so well, has now gone backwards), and Burton purely to learn some team skills - he shouldve been dragged for not handballing to Welsh in the 3rd qtr, instead going for a goal that wasnt there. We need a Rutten at both ends!! Surely Chris Ladhams deserves another go(for welsh)? And perhaps its time for Fergus Watts to be given another chance at the expense of Perrie. And what has happened to Scott Stevens? He is a handy mark and kick.

PerthCrow said:
I would give him 3 more weeks. I hate to judge a player on 1 game .This is his future we are talking about.Welsh has had 8 weeks , why cant Bock get at least 3

I agree with you pc. Bock must be given at least another two weeks. I reckon he is a dud, but let's give him 2 weeks for him to prove us wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SpringChoke said:
I agree with you pc. Bock must be given at least another two weeks. I reckon he is a dud, but let's give him 2 weeks for him to prove us wrong.
A players worth can be measured by how much other clubs would want him (eg, no-one wanted "Gary Ayres" not even hawthorn). Would any other side want Bock on their list, even for free? Feel sorry for the guy as it is his future were talking about but probably not.

SpringChoke said:

Disagree, I don't think we can afford to use him for another 2 weeks. He's had plenty of chances and has shown nothing and he was a pathetic disgrace on Saturday. I've watched him at SANFL level previously and even there he looks slow and unsure of himself. I can't even see him having any value as a trade. Time to move on Nathan.

I watched the game again on Fox yesterday and Bock's start to the game was awful, and unfortunately it didn't get much better. He fumbled his first few takes, his handpasses were to team mates feet when under little pressure, and he had one pass bounce of his chest when he should have marked. On top of that, I just don't think he is a forward.

Fergus said:
I watched the game again on Fox yesterday and Bock's start to the game was awful, and unfortunately it didn't get much better. He fumbled his first few takes, his handpasses were to team mates feet when under little pressure, and he had one pass bounce of his chest when he should have marked. On top of that, I just don't think he is a forward.

Plus, he's stupid. That little attempt of his in the closing minutes to snap over his shoulder straight into the hands of a Lions' player was amateurish. He has no composure or footy smarts. File next to David Gallagher, and lets move on.

afc9798 said:
Disagree, I don't think we can afford to use him for another 2 weeks. He's had plenty of chances and has shown nothing and he was a pathetic disgrace on Saturday. I've watched him at SANFL level previously and even there he looks slow and unsure of himself. I can't even see him having any value as a trade. Time to move on Nathan.

that list of players to be delisted at years end just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back