Box Hill v Sandringham Sat 14th May 2pm @Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies for the mistakes in my summary. I was going off the 3wbc stream and it was constantly dropping out. They definitely said it was Gibson reported, they even said how he is a fair player and must have been an accident. They obviously got the wrong man as HH's post looks official. Great to read the positives on Max and Shoey. I assume Ellis is the emerg for todays game and didn't play, makes me worry about Suckling.
Is this a common occurence when u listen to their stream?

Gents, Lisle aside, do we have anyone who can take contested marks. More the 1-1 scenario as opposed to the pack mark?

I ask because with the latest tactic to beat the forward press (Why isn't it called Flooding?) involving booting the ball 60 metres, players who can out-mark their opponent will be worth their weight in gold, especially if they have pace and ball handling skills.

Agree that the forward press is simply the flood with an increased emphasis on tackling and the strategic placement of loose/marking players to intercept the ball when it comes out of the 50. In an effort to negate this, it certainly appears that coaches have instructed their players to clear with long kicks, which usually results in one on one contests. As you have correctly identified “around the ground” marking players are now of upmost importance and the lack of these is quickly becoming a weakness for Hawthorn.

Geelong continuously bombed the ball deep into the forward line, usually with limited success but it does appear that this is becoming at least an attractive option as pinpoint passing. I am forming the opinion that coaches are accepting that players are now subjected to more pressure thus reducing the opportunity for accurate short passing into the forward 50.

If I am correct, then it highlights the need for marking power up forward and in turn defenders who can negate marking forwards. Speedy players who can run away from their opponents are the most likely to be the norm to counter the increased pressure on and around the ball carrier.

Some big raps on Langers in this thread. Anyone able to expand? What made him stand out? Cheers.

It was Will's first game for two years and he showed good composure, decision making and leadership. Will provided good support for his team mates by positioning himself to protect the ball winner and ball carrier. He laid some good tackles and his ball carrying and ball use were generally good. It was the first time I have seen Will play and I was impressed by his footy smarts and skills.

It was Will's first game for two years and he showed good composure, decision making and leadership. Will provided good support for his team mates by positioning himself to protect the ball winner and ball carrier. He laid some good tackles and his ball carrying and ball use were generally good. It was the first time I have seen Will play and I was impressed by his footy smarts and skills.

Cheers, :thumbsu:

Is this a common occurence when u listen to their stream?
It's certainly common when I listen to their stream & I've been trying to stream 3WBC for 4 years now. I've generally put it down to the interest in BH games & the feed not being able to handle the amount of traffic.

Apologies for the mistakes in my summary. I was going off the 3wbc stream and it was constantly dropping out. They definitely said it was Gibson reported, they even said how he is a fair player and must have been an accident. They obviously got the wrong man as HH's post looks official. Great to read the positives on Max and Shoey. I assume Ellis is the emerg for todays game and didn't play, makes me worry about Suckling.

Yeah, Hoops called it as Gibson, but found out after it was Pattison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoey best game this season. Played the whole game and started in defence then went forward in the second quarter and then finished in defence for the rest of the game. Generally played well for most of the day, with some good disposal by foot. Usually spoiled and contested well. Only thing in the last quarter he was on Gamble and had a couple of goals kicked on him. Could be fatigue but was caught out a few times. In anycase his shown that his quickly improving his match fitness and is obviously ready if needed.

Great to hear he's doing well. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the great write up on the players. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back